Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Certifying a document.

I need to send photocopies of several documents to a pension company. They say these need to be verified as true copies and that this can be done by someone who has known me for at least 2 years.
What information does the person certifying have to give about themselves? Name of course but what, if any, contact details?
If anyone knows a form of words to use that would be great.
Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Options
    I had to get a copy of my Marriage Certificate certified and sent across for my last mortgage application.

Took it along to a local Solicitor who photo copied it and stamped / signed it for me - Cost about £10
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I need to send photocopies of several documents to a pension company. They say these need to be verified as true copies and that this can be done by someone who has known me for at least 2 years.
    What information does the person certifying have to give about themselves? Name of course but what, if any, contact details?
    If anyone knows a form of words to use that would be great.
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Not an expert but you might add occupation and how they know you (e.g. friend). Make sure it's dated of course. The words should be something along the lines of "I certify that this is a true copy of the original document"

Some companies insist that the individual is professionally qualified such as a solicitor but others (as it appears here) would accept your next door neighbour for example. The one thing I don't think they should be is related to you.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Amused me that its suggests asking your dentist (but not doctor). I think Craig Freeman needs to update his book.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Or you could take the documents out with you on a pub crawl for your mate to sign and then retrace your steps a couple of hours later when you realise they’ve been lost....
  • Options
    Post Office will do it . £12.75 for up to 3 documents. Did copies of passport and bank statement for me last week.