Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upgrading Season Tickets

edited October 2021 in General Charlton
Just phoned up the ticket office to upgrade my ticket on Saturday from Over 65 to normal cos my sons taking my place. Was told that I can only do this 3 times a season! What does it matter how many times I do it if I am prepared to pay the difference between my discounted price and the normal game rate?

Comments

• edited October 2021
    Possibly because they do not want to deal with lots of calls to upgrade tickets, when they are busy trying to sell tickets.
  • Isn't an upgrade where I am paying more money a sale?
  • Do they even have a way of tracking this to enforce the limit?
  • Apparently yes, the girl told me I had one more upgrade after this Saturday
  • edited October 2021
    It was in the terms and conditions supplied when we purchased. You can upgrade 3 times and move to a different seat in the same stand as many times as you like. 

Of course they can track it, everything including the tickets are now digital. 
  • surely paying more should be the key and good business for CAFC ?????
  • surely paying more should be the key and good business for CAFC ?????
    Maybe they don't want people buying a student pass and then upgrading 19 times after they've been caught. 
  • The number of upgrades is limited so there's no advantage in buying a youngster's ticket in the name of one of your offspring, or a codger's ticket (as in your case) and just pay the increment for the occasions the adult who it's really for is able to/chooses to attend.  It shifts the break even point for the season ticket v match to match purchases equation - in the club's favour obviously.
    It was in the small print, there's always small print.
    Despite the practices employed for the last decade or so, CAFC is actually a business.

FWIW: where's your season ticket seat?  If it's in one of the stands with (too) many price bands, your son could buy the cheapest seat in that stand and still sit in your regular spot, the next time you can't go.

Dunno how often these things get checked but, I know a couple of OAP's who miss the odd match each season, especially Tuesdays in wintertime, they often pass on their seasons to anybody else who wants to come and those chancers/plastics never get challenged to prove how old or young they are... just saying...
  • A concession ticket lights up inside the turnstile so a steward (if he's there and watching) can challenge the 23 year old OAP/11 year old.
  • A concession ticket lights up inside the turnstile so a steward (if he's there and watching) can challenge the 23 year old OAP/11 year old.
    I'll have to be careful tomorrow then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mmmm. I'm going to buy a full season ticket next year and apply for a downgrade when I turn up
  • I’m hoping after a number of ongoing conversations and in conjunction with FilltheValley we will have the most progressive approach to ticketing and pricing of any club, although it might take a bit of time for things to happen.

That along with other matchday improvements and overall engagement approach should mean that fans shouldn’t want to avoid paying the right amount - after all Roland has gone from the club (aside from the Freeholds) and perhaps just as important we appear to have an enlightened commercial approach emerging in line with FilltheValley objectives.

• Can I upgrade mines to a Man City season ticket?
  • razil said:
    I’m hoping after a number of ongoing conversations and in conjunction with FilltheValley we will have the most progressive approach to ticketing and pricing of any club, although it might take a bit of time for things to happen.

That along with other matchday improvements and overall engagement approach should mean that fans shouldn’t want to avoid paying the right amount - after all Roland has gone from the club (aside from the Freeholds) and perhaps just as important we appear to have an enlightened commercial approach emerging in line with FilltheValley objectives.

Thats good to hear, I dont want to avoid paying extra I'm happy to pay the difference between my discounted price and the full £30. I'm not after getting the discounted adult season ticket price. Once Ive used my 3 upgrades if my seat can't be used the club will miss out on secondary spend as well
  • @razil think there's any chance that there may ever be an option to swap your home ticket for a pass for the TV for midweek games? The club can resell your seat then and you still get to watch the match. Definitely worth asking about and it's a win/win situation for all. 
  • razil said:
    I’m hoping after a number of ongoing conversations and in conjunction with FilltheValley we will have the most progressive approach to ticketing and pricing of any club, although it might take a bit of time for things to happen.

Thats good to hear, I dont want to avoid paying extra I'm happy to pay the difference between my discounted price and the full £30. I'm not after getting the discounted adult season ticket price. Once Ive used my 3 upgrades if my seat can't be used the club will miss out on secondary spend as well
    I hear you. This and other cases are at the forefront of my mind in terms of a more progressive approach, and as long as the club are listening and open to new ideas I and others will keep raising them as they arise - indeed I did so this week.
  • shine166 said:
    @razil think there's any chance that there may ever be an option to swap your home ticket for a pass for the TV for midweek games? The club can resell your seat then and you still get to watch the match. Definitely worth asking about and it's a win/win situation for all. 
    I think one needs to apply a bit of commercial thinking to these questions, so I would say it’s unlikely because of the disincentive to attend and revenue loss. I do recognise that a lot will rarely attend midweek like myself now living near Maidstone and only in town once or twice a week, but the club I would suggest are very unlikely to consider that, I am not the spokesperson however.

Would be great if they could do something with the EFL regards away games on Saturdays if say the away section we’re sold out, but that would involve more than just our club of course.
  • razil said:
    shine166 said:
    @razil think there's any chance that there may ever be an option to swap your home ticket for a pass for the TV for midweek games? The club can resell your seat then and you still get to watch the match. Definitely worth asking about and it's a win/win situation for all. 
    I think one needs to apply a bit of commercial thinking to these questions, so I would say it’s unlikely because of the disincentive to attend and revenue loss. I do recognise that a lot will rarely attend midweek like myself now living near Maidstone and only in town once or twice a week, but the club I would suggest are very unlikely to consider that, I am not the spokesperson however.

Would be great if they could do something with the EFL regards away games on Saturdays if say the away section we’re sold out, but that would involve more than just our club of course.
    Ah yeah 100% nothings black and white... one thing that's an incentive to one person, isn't for another.

From my own experience I purchased a ST just to keep my seat and need to attend one game per month to break even. I probably won't do it again next season so that's £400 as a bare minimum out from my spends plus £100 on food/drink x 12 from the games I actually do attend. 
  • There are a number of barriers to entry so to speak one being cost of a season ticket, plus it also depends on demand I think in terms of how far the club are willing to go.

At the moment it is early days for the ftv group, assuming it continues and grows, the point you make is something that has and I expect will be made for a number of scenarios.

• If you are sharing a ticket with your son, would it not be sensible to but a full price ticket and share that without any faffing about?