Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jacko - Letting Them Know Who’s Boss

edited October 2021 in General Charlton
Ermmmmm……

Comments

• edited October 2021
    I hope JJ doesn't try to be too clever. We have better players than Doncaster and that means we don't need over elaborate tactics. Look at Saturday's game by all means and pick up on things we can improve on, but tactically, do we need to doing anything radically different?
  • I hope JJ doesn't try to be too clever. We have better players than Doncaster and that means we don't need over elaborate tactics. Look at Saturday's game by all means and pick up on things we can improve on, but tactically, do we need to doing anything radically different?
    Nothing different needed in my opinion. We should treat them as seriously as we treated  Sunderland.

It would be a disaster if we relaxed and ended up with zero points. 

Now is the time to start a winning run and advance up the league. We now know the players have the ability.

• I think one of Nigels (many) problems is that he seemed to constantly change the tactics and style to match up the opposition. All very well when you're a huge underdog with inferior players, but when it's against teams such as Cheltenham, it raised serious questions and we played into their hands. If we have the better team, let's just set up to our strengths and let them worry about us

I certainly agree with your last sentence Tango, but my take is that NAds was actually too stubbornly wedded to the 4231 formation. I  recall him saying post Wycombe that he would only change formation 3 or 4 times a season to counter specific opposition as he did in that game 343. 

Cheltenham, which followed the Crewe match (where he went 442) was just him reverting to type. This stubborness was ultimately his downfall of course as it meant he had to keep making changes in game often when we were already losing.

Far better if he had, as you assert, played to our strengths from the outset. JJ has clearly identified this failing.  Early days of course.....