Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Bruce - Sacked

Wow, didn’t see that coming!

Comments

• Options
    Stone the crows!
  • Options
    Shame. I like Bruce
  • Options
    Stone the crows women for adultery!

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Could’ve been worse. He’s lucky they didn’t cut his hand off
    Could have been far worse, could have asked him to come to the embassy for a meeting. 
    known as Kashoggification

I feel for Steve..he's been asked to walk away from the club he loves with around £8m in his back pocket.  How ever will he cope
  • Options
    Wonder if he schlup it out in league 1, now he’s available?
  • Options
    Can't see it. I reckon Champoinship is lowest he would go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    If it were me in his position, and I'd just got £8m thrown at me, I'd love to have a go with a smaller Club to see how far I could take them. You'd be a living legend if you got em even 1 promotion. Arguably easier than going sideways to another Premiership club and winning any silverwear
  • Options
    He can revive his literary career whilst waiting for his next gig.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37877150.amp
  • Options
    His lowest win percentage was with Newcastle at 28.87%

His highest win percentage was with Palarse at 61.10%
  • Options
    Last time we got an ex Palace manager was Dowie, hasn't worked out too well since that.
  • Options
    Bruce?

Now there's one nightmare we have so far managed to avoid!
  • Options
    Good game, good game. That Bruce?
  • Options
    I think the next phase of the Newcastle story will be that Steve Bruce becomes manager of Sunderland, and discovers oil under the Stadium of Light during a training session, that's so cheap it bankrupts Saudi Arabia. But Sunderland still lose in the League 1 play-off final.

Stolen from twitter. 
  • Options
    No sympathy at all for Bruce,he has walked out on a number of clubs as soon as better offers came along.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    No sympathy at all for Bruce,he has walked out on a number of clubs as soon as better offers came along.
    I do understand that school of thought however I imagine the fickle nature of football in general has something to do with it.

Using our own example there were many of our fans wanting Bowyer to be sacked, then when he took the Brum job many expressed disgust at his disloyalty. 

When you are working in an industry where you are never more than a few games away from the sack it probably does make you influence your decision making when being offered another job. If you turn it down out of loyalty you might get plenty of platitudes from fans at the time but if you lose your next 5 games on the spin those same fans will be calling for your head.
  • Options
    I bet he's gutted. £8m pay off somewhat offsets people's lack of sympathy.
  • Options
    IF a manager of Bruce's ilk was to take on the poisoned chalice in SE7, I believe he'd  insist ALL decisions regarding the playing side of the club would be his & his alone. 

The likes of Wilder, Bruce, Howe and, dare I add Warnock, would need convincing that a punt on a L1 club in dire need of an old head to turn thing around but that they ( and their chosen management team) would have sole responsibility for all things pitchside. 

Just the musings of a seriously unhappy & worried Addick of course.....

And as I always add, what the feck do I know !
    I do welcome and enjoy perusing your wisened and professorial prose, Fanny, but Wilder and Howe? You are joking, right? Their names crop up (in hope?) quite frequently on here, but there's absolutely no chance they'd court the idea of managing Charlton, irrespective of 'money'. Quite simply, they will be offered far bigger fish to fry in the near future.

As for Warnock? Yes, maybe - merely another journeyman manager though chasing a payday. Plus, Roddy wouldn't subscribe to it; Warnock would threaten and challenge his control too much. 

And Bruce? Good grief, no thanks. A really decent fella but a perennial failure. Perplexing how he keeps getting football management jobs. Needs to retire now to run a cattery or Clotted Cream Tea Shop.
  • Options
    Saying on the BBC that he thinks Newcastle will be his last job. Being reported his payoff was £8 million.
  • Options
    Saying on the BBC that he thinks Newcastle will be his last job. Being reported his payoff was £8 million.
    It’d certainly be my last job if I walked away with £8m. Wouldn’t see my arse for dust 

Until he's polished off 2million kebabs and fancies some dessert.
  • Options
    In the time it took to print his severance check the PIF made 10x that amount selling oil.