Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January window

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Plans should start being in place in the new few weeks on what the strategy will be during the window.

Think this will be very interesting. Lets take for argument sake that we remain in a relegation position come Christmas.

Do the club further increase their debt for next year ? Do they further back a manager that has not convinced ?

Sometimes one or two decent signings make all the difference, remember the impact Hartson had on West Ham when they appeared doomed. But if it goes wrong, you'll in even more debt when you need to start again ?

Comments

• I'll go for David Healey, wouldn't break the bank, and if in the unlikely event of relegation, would be a player who could get us the goals to go back up
  • I would like a fast and very strong tall centre forward to knock some crap out of defences, and scare the life out of them, doesn't have to be a goal scorer but that would help.. any suggestions?
  • What players we get will depend on who is available, if Leeds and Birmingham are in a playoff/promotion position then they are unlikely to part with Healey or Forrsell.

Maybe we'll take Walton bacK?
  • Healy?? Yes please. He'd be a great signing
  • WSSWSS
    edited October 2006
    [cite]Leeds in a playoff/promotion position??[/cite]

Doesnt look that way at the moment!
  • Forsell I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, his injury problems have taken his edge away.

Who's available?
  • I would like a fast and very strong tall centre forward to knock some crap out of defences, and scare the life out of them, doesn't have to be a goal scorer but that would help.. any suggestions?

M Bent?!
  • I'd be surprised if Dowie is given a significant sum....
  • For someone his size M Bent is about as scary as a hedghog with a haircut... er and he's not that good in the air.
  • Not worth worrying about the transfer window before we have seen what the new players are like (nor before the Christmas decorations are up).
  • Sponsored links:

• I disagree.. we are patently missing am aerial ball winning centre forward and a decent flair attacking central midfielder, none of the current lot fit that description
  • Fine, but I still wouldn't worry about the transfer window yet.
  • edited October 2006
    I dont think Reid is up to the job, so I would agree with Razil's view that all we need is a decent flair attacking midfielder.

I put up my christmas decoration up last night as Im scared of Halloween....does that mean I can start worrying now but the rest of you can leave it until the official date for putting christmas decoration up [winky thingy]? Anyone know when that is?
  • Healy is a great finisher but we have one of them.

We need a PROPER centre half - when I say PROPER I mean one that can bloody defend ALONGSIDE Jonny Fortune.

Diawara might well come good - bomb Borat big time play Fortune.
  • "put up my christmas decoration up last night as Im scared of Halloween....does that mean I can start worrying now but the rest of you can leave it until the official date for putting christmas decoration up [winky thingy]? Anyone know when that is?

Have I read this right. you have put up your Crimble decs because you are scared of halloween. I think you need a self help group........................ :-)
  • wouldn't it of been less of an issue to just turn the lights out on Halloween ?

crazy dude. Good job your not scared of valentines as you have to put your christmas decorations up some 20 months early.
  • Did anyone watch the Man U vs FC Copenhagen game last night? The tall black Canadian lad they had up front looked pretty good and would be a good foil for DB. (Think his name was Hutchinson)
  • it was Hutichinson.

I thought Man U looked absolutely superb, their movement and distribution real top drawer. Think they will go close this year.
  • As an England fan it was good to see Rooney back to somewhere near his best.......

Agreed. I think they'll push Chelsea quite hard. Cant see Arsenal or Liverpool worrying either of them
  • edited October 2006
    if we are still relegation candidates in jan, i have a horrible feeling that bent and/or young may be on their way to fund an attempt to rebuild the team where needed, perhaps healy being part of that (as the club would have us believe).
    i think they would have something in their contracts (that they signed in the summer) letting them go if certain clubs came in for them. and with their england careers not progressing by staying at charlton i fear this could be the case.
    i may be wrong but didn't parker sign a 5 year deal with us in the summer before he went to chelsea?

i hope i'm wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• The board have already said that they recognise we need to be in this division next year, due to the new TV deal kicking in...... I think they'll spend money in January if it's still needed....