Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

edited October 2021 in General Charlton
Good evening, Thomas. I hope you're here to sort out this mess.

Four changes: Sean Clare, Albie Morgan, Corey Blackett-Taylor and Jayden Stockley all come in

Team Lineup:

Charlton: MacGillivray; Gunter (c), Lavelle, Famewo, Souaré; Clare, Morgan, Gilbey; Leko, Stockley, Blackett-Taylor

Subs: Henderson, Matthews, Pearce, Watson, Jaiyesmi, Davison, Washington

Comments

• edited October 2021
    Stockley captain 
  • Kirk thankfully banished. Still no Washington
  • Just the 4 changes tonight.....Adkins is slacking !!

And look at the bench. Goals galore there....🤔🙁
  • 3 in midfield, hoorah. Good to see Morgan and Clare back

Surprised Souare keeps his place ahead of Purrington
  • Why no Purrington, not even on bench? Souare was very poor against Lincoln 😡

• There might be more fans watching Charlton TV tonight, than actually at The Valley. :neutral:

• Sponsored links:

• Fuck sake, when things are shit we put Morgan back in the team!! We really are in trouble. Unless of course Morgan has become good in about 3 weeks!!.
  • Solidgone said:
    Wouldn’t it be better to start off now with the post match comments so we can all have an early night?
    Well, we were lucky there... (covers all eventualities I think) 
  • all I think when I see that midfield is, who the fuck is going to get the ball back 
  • Players seemed to get plucked from nowhere to go into the lineup, then players in a lineup move straight out the squad for being shite. Sadly, it's not working as they're not on performance related pay!
  • edited October 2021
    JFC keeping Curbs and Scott company tonight, be good to catch up on how he is  progressing with the much awaited return to the field, and of course always good banter and constructive stuff from Curbs, be interesting how they see tonight going, must be very frustrating at times..well done lads trying to remain positive B)
  • mendonca said:
    Players seemed to get plucked from nowhere to go into the lineup, then players in a lineup move straight out the squad for being shite. Sadly, it's not working as they're not on performance related pay!
    It's not even rotation ....... it's just the 11 players who are standing nearest to Mr Adkins.

• paulfox said:
    Fuck sake, when things are shit we put Morgan back in the team!! We really are in trouble. Unless of course Morgan has become good in about 3 weeks!!.
    Adkins has this propensity to bring players back in from the cold & who haven't even been on the bench for the previous 2 or 3 games. 
  • Maybe Nige did a poll at the team meeting yesterday to gauge which players would put most effort in to save him ? He will more than likely prove me wrong tonight but I'm dreading watching Albie getting bullied all night 
  • edited October 2021
    Don't reckon that midfield. I'm still going to bang the drum for needing to be harder to beat. Picking 3 midfielders, all of whom will focus more on attack than defence, plus Leko and CBT.... well, don't be surprised if they have a lot of time and space on the ball in midfield tonight. Perhaps with it being Accrington they'll be too direct to exploit it. At least the back 4 gets another chance to bed in as a unit.

What exactly has Dobson done wrong? Is he injured? He's one of the few to show a bit of fight and was our best player in his last appearance.
  • Nothing against CBT as think he’s been the most positive part of this season, but don’t think he’s got enough to be starting. For 20 mins, yes please. 

Always gutted when I am not at The Valley. Please Charlton get the 3 points. 

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
    No ballwinner in midfield. Nobody who has the energy to carry the ball from midfield to attack.

So my guess, the back four pass it around, vainly looking for an outball, then hoof it up to Stockley.
    Meanwhile Leko and CBT hang around waiting for the pass that never comes, and do not track back when Accy attack, leaving our full backs exposed.
    There, no need for post match thread.
  • Feels like a last throw of the dice from Adkins and praying. CBT was blowing out of his arse on Saturday so obviously he starts. Honestly had hoped we'd seen the last of Morgan but here we are. 
  • paulfox said:
    Fuck sake, when things are shit we put Morgan back in the team!! We really are in trouble. Unless of course Morgan has become good in about 3 weeks!!.
    Adkins has this propensity to bring players back in from the cold & who haven't even been on the bench for the previous 2 or 3 games. 
    And do they come back any better? I do always dig Morgan out because I think he’s cack!!! I really want him to do well, one of our own and all that…but!!!!. I was hoping he’d end up out on loan so I don’t have watch him do nothing all game and people tell me he’s only young with his 80 appearances of nothingness!!. 
  • Southbank said:
    No ballwinner in midfield. Nobody who has the energy to carry the ball from midfield to attack.

So my guess, the back four pass it around, vainly looking for an outball, then hoof it up to Stockley.
    Meanwhile Leko and CBT hang around waiting for the pass that never comes, and do not track back when Accy attack, leaving our full backs exposed.
    There, no need for post match thread.
    To be fair, if Gilbey and Clare have an attacking ability, it's forward ball-carrying
  • I bless the rains down in Accrington.
  • edited October 2021
    Words of wisdom... from our illustrious manager (at the moment) Nige on CATV,.. apparently it didn't quite work out Saturday at Lincoln...no shit Sherlock, really does seem to think we are doing ok, just unlucky ffs :s
  • paulfox said:
    Didn’t Bowyer do exactly the same, probably with Morgan, during that horrific spell last season?

Im actually reasonable excited to see this team. But imagine that will likely disappear in about 15 minutes when Accrington Stanley begin to take hold of the game. 
  • I like the bolstered central midfield and the front 3.
    would have liked to see Elewere given a chance as Lavelle and Famewo haven’t worked well enough as a unit.
    COYA.
  • Fair play to JFC doing this but he should never have been put in this position.  Piss poor management in the broadest sense. 
  • edited October 2021
    Torn

I like the look of that side.

I don't want Adkins to remain as Manager as it is just not working.

Hopefuy he's being replaced no matter the result and we get a good win.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!