Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager??

Comments

• Options
    Not much noise about Laudrup this time. 
  • Options
    Some really left field people being linked! 
    Especially as Jackson has effectively been told it’s his job to lose- why would he have a solid list of people to come in? 

The names linked are all ‘ones for the future’ which is promising, but surely a kick in the gonads for the ones like euell/Jackson/u23s coach who have been promised/linked with the future jobs
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I'm curious as to why the majority of people think Jackson will be so bad? 
    Think it boils down to the fact that he's part of the coaching set-up that has seen the worst Charlton side most of us have ever seen. How big a part he played in it is anyone's guess.
    Hopefully not a lot.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Some really left field people being linked! 
    Especially as Jackson has effectively been told it’s his job to lose- why would he have a solid list of people to come in? 

The names linked are all ‘ones for the future’ which is promising, but surely a kick in the gonads for the ones like euell/Jackson/u23s coach who have been promised/linked with the future jobs
    Because lessons have probably been learned from last time. We don't know how long a list there was but Adkins being installed very quickly suggests that he was lined up with time to spare. This time we need to have multiple options rather than one recommendation.

JJ probably is first choice but it would be incredibly negligent to not have several other options just in case. 
  • Options
    If we can get Wilder then we should do a deal whilst the opportunity is there.

Offer him what we paid Bowyer (apparently a fair wedge after we extended his contract) and see what he says.
    Some people would not know Wilder if he bumped into them.
    Feel sorry for Jackson .
  • Options
    I think all those media names are pure speculation without any grounding in facts. Who has leaked those names from CAFC ? Thomas ? Ged ? I’ll tell you, nobody. Sensible suggestions for our circumstances but pure unfounded speculation. 
  • Options
    What about this guy? Not my choice you understand  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steve mackenzie for next cafc manager.  Now that would be a left field appointment.
  • Options
    Salad said:
    Mick McCarthy should be available any day now.
    Please god no
  • Options
    The answer is Johnny Jackson.

Close thread.
  • Options
    Because he's our defensive coach.
  • Options
    Jackson is our manager. For that to change he has to fail. In that respect he’s in a position no different to any other manager. 
    Get beat today and come Monday fans will want him out as he's taken us as far as he can.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Jackson is our manager. For that to change he has to fail. In that respect he’s in a position no different to any other manager. 
    Get beat today and come Monday fans will want him out as he's taken us as far as he can.
    Well, Sunderland is about as far as you can go in league 1.
  • Options
    Was he our defensive coach when we kept 6 clean sheets in a row?
  • Options
    He was.  Lee Bowyer was our manager when we got promoted, he was also our manager when we got relegated and when we were awful in league 1.  Adkins was our manager when we lost 1 in 11 and also when we were worse than when Bowyer was here.

No one wants him to fail but not having blind faith due to his involvement in the melt down that's happened under the last 3 managers is valid isn't it? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He was.  Lee Bowyer was our manager when we got promoted, he was also our manager when we got relegated and when we were awful in league 1.  Adkins was our manager when we lost 1 in 11 and also when we were worse than when Bowyer was here.

No one wants him to fail but not having blind faith due to his involvement in the melt down that's happened under the last 3 managers is valid isn't it? 
    Is assuming that he will fail also valid?
  • Options
    All these names being banded about and half of them no better in their previous roles than Adkins.
    I honestly think JJ & JE should be given 6 games Thomas !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Hardly, nobody expects a transformation in one training session, especially when we're playing possibly the hardest away game of the season

Lose to Doncaster next week though, after a week of training, and there will be rumblings whether he's up to the job
  • Options
    The shit Jackson has had to put up with at Charlton over the last 7 years.
    Now given the managers job on a Temp , he must be wondering what the hell,win or lose doesn’t matter I am on the way out of here sooner or later.
    Back to back goals against the town of Sheffield , sitting next to Katrien and now this.
    Jackson will be remembered no matter what.
  • Options
    JJ & JE for me, mid table away from relegation & assess thereafter, if it goes belly up (don’t think it will) then we are in serious shite. All about staying in L1 this season, start winning some games & get fans back on side.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Is assuming that he will fail also valid?
    No because its not black and white.  That's very different to questioning that it's a possibility either way. 
  • Options
    The answer is Johnny Jackson.

Close thread.
    Be fairer to give Johnnie a go first. 
  • Options
    What did I say? When bowyer took over from Robinson it was like night and day, just like now. More performances like that and we could still sneak the play offs 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Steve mackenzie for next cafc manager.  Now that would be a left field appointment.
    That’s wilder next to him isn’t it?
  • Options
    Win next Saturday and can’t see how Jackson doesn’t get the job until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Win next Saturday and can’t see how Jackson doesn’t get the job until the end of the season.
    Don’t get me wrong I want Jacko to do well, but I still think if we win next week it would be too soon, the earliest I say would be up to the next international break.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Wait and see what happens @ Plymouth at the earliest.

If we suddenly find ourselves with at least 9-pts out of 15-pts then he has to get it.

Doncaster we should be looking to beat, we have to

But equally Sunderland could have been a one off against those towards the top.

By the time we'll have played Plymouth, we'll have faced Rotherham as well.

If he fails then we can look into approaching one of the targets that we're hopefully sounding out, just in case (I'd hope that they're not sitting on their hands, praying that Jackson works without a backup plan)

Means that the new man can effectively come in straight after Plymouth, with Morecambe and Shrewsbury the next two games.