Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trevor Hemmings R I P

I have just read that Trevor died on October 11th aged 86. I don't think that this has been mentioned before on C L.
Woolwich born, he led a colourful and successful life after moving to Lancashire in his early teens.
Well known of course for his love of National Hunt horse racing, he was one of the most successful Grand National owners of all time.
Trevor also owned, or had a major share in Preston North End F C. He always seemed a jovial and very pleasant man and will be sorely missed on the sporting scene.

R I P Trevor 

Comments

• I believe he was born in Woolwich because his father was either in the Army or came down to work in the Arsenal. He was originally a bricklayer. RIP. 
  • edited October 2021
    I believe he was born in Woolwich because his father was either in the Army or came down to work in the Arsenal. He was originally a bricklayer. RIP. 
    His dad worked in the Arsenal  .. and Trevor might have been a wartime evacuee to the north ?.. if you go to the sports section and select horse racing on the BBC website, there is a good obituary of TH
  • Thank you Lincs. 
  • Moved up north when 5 I think.

was a shareholder with us. Always wondered whether there were any attempts to up his involvement.

I have a real love for those who become rich people yet remain unassuming and shy away from fame. Only ever did 3 interviews, despite being a champion horse owner is said to have been more likely buying off a burger van than in the lounges. Seemed a real down to the ground good un. 
  • Local boy did good. RIP 
  • He was evacuated up to Leyland and was my fathers friend who was also evacuated there.

He stayed in touch with my cousins and I briefly met him several years ago. 

RIP