Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ULEZ Checker

Comments

• Options
    Phase 3 will be pushing ULEZ out to the M25. Give Khan a year to produce some PR stats and it will be announced. It's all about the money - just like the Silvertown Tunnel which will enable Khan to toll the Blackwall Tunnel which has always been his ambition.
    Khan’s remit ends at Crayford - beyond that you are into Kent - in fact the Greater London area only gets to the M25 in a few places, so it’s not in his gift to do that 
    I think it’s bigger than Khan though do you not agree?  Whilst he’s the one dishing out green regulation regarding vehicles, it’s obviously above him, he gets nudges from central government, central government get nudges from G8 and so on.  I’d guess it won’t stop be stopped at London. 
  • Options
    Phase 3 will be pushing ULEZ out to the M25. Give Khan a year to produce some PR stats and it will be announced. It's all about the money - just like the Silvertown Tunnel which will enable Khan to toll the Blackwall Tunnel which has always been his ambition.
    Khan’s remit ends at Crayford - beyond that you are into Kent - in fact the Greater London area only gets to the M25 in a few places, so it’s not in his gift to do that 
    I think it’s bigger than Khan though do you not agree?  Whilst he’s the one dishing out green regulation regarding vehicles, it’s obviously above him, he gets nudges from central government, central government get nudges from G8 and so on.  I’d guess it won’t stop be stopped at London. 
    Yes I agree with you - we will be back to horses and carts at this rate !!
  • Options
    Without the toll, there wouldn't be the money to build the Silvertown tunnel
  • Options
    Or maybe they can fuck off the tunnel altogether and actually give us new crossings instead of shoehorning one onto an existing crossing, essentially fucking the streets around the immediate area, most of which are already screwed by the ridiculous cycle superhighway which is used by about 15 people
  • Options
    If they extend ULEZ to the very boundary of Greater London, then 2 of our favourite dog walking places are off limits (5 Arches and Hall Place) as I am not paying nearly £30 a time to drive just over the boundary in my Land Rover Defender
  • Options
    If they extend ULEZ to the very boundary of Greater London, then 2 of our favourite dog walking places are off limits (5 Arches and Hall Place) as I am not paying nearly £30 a time to drive just over the boundary in my Land Rover Defender
    Get the new Hydrid Defender mate, only about £70k, but save you 12 quid on the dog walk 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Get the new Hydrid Defender mate, only about £70k, but save you 12 quid on the dog walk 
    NEVER !!!

New Defender is not fit to bear the name
  • Options
    Have you driven one yet?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    NEVER !!!

New Defender is not fit to bear the name
    I've not heard a bad word against it tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ......that's the diesel though, not hybrid
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The people most likely to have an older diesel are the people who probably cannot afford to upgrade their vehicles

I have an old VW Caravelle which I'm having to get rid of - nearly all my driving is outside the ULEZ area. I barely do any mileage within the zone.

If the ULEZ fees were based on mileage within the zone it would be fairer rather than a flat charge. 

I use the Vehicle as a disabled vehicle and for personal use but to replace would be £20k+. I'm having to buy a petrol vehicle as I can't afford a new diesel. My existing vehicle runs fine so I'm not too happy.

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Interesting that my Irish plate (AYZ XXXX) on my 2007 Mini Cooper isn’t recognised using the checker despite it, of course, being properly registered with DVLA on the former LA07…. Vehicle. I wonder how I will ever find out if it is ULEZ compliant then? Feels rather necessary!
    Have you tried the proper checker?

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/
    Aha, yes! Just checked, thank you. Had a scare at first when I chose the ‘non-UK registration’ option (because it is an Irish plate - which is not part of the UK) and it told me the ULEZ charge applied. In a panic, I dug out my registration document which states the car as being ‘UK Registration’ which now makes it exempt. Phew!
    meldrew66 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Interesting that my Irish plate (AYZ XXXX) on my 2007 Mini Cooper isn’t recognised using the checker despite it, of course, being properly registered with DVLA on the former LA07…. Vehicle. I wonder how I will ever find out if it is ULEZ compliant then? Feels rather necessary!
    Have you tried the proper checker?

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/
    Aha, yes! Just checked, thank you. Had a scare at first when I chose the ‘non-UK registration’ option (because it is an Irish plate - which is not part of the UK) and it told me the ULEZ charge applied. In a panic, I dug out my registration document which states the car as being ‘UK Registration’ which now makes it exempt. Phew!
    The plate to which you refer is a Northern Ireland plate which is, of course, part of the UK. It is not a RoI plate, which all have easily understood county identifiers as part of the number. An example would be 131-KY-123456, where 131 is the first half of 2013 for the date of registration, KY= Kerry and the rest are just numbers in order of issue, 1 through 999,999.

Northern Ireland plates all always have an I or Z in them. Your plate with the YZ was originally registered in County Londonderry. The A is just a letter allocated in sequence.
  • Options
    My campervan is a converted t5 2011 plate. No way it should be included in this emissions tax as it is registered as a campervan and cannot be used as a work vehicle, must have cost around £10k at least to convert it (I bought it converted) and there is no way the engine can be changed. 

At the time it was done diesels were considered cleaner otherwise everyone would have been buying abs converting petrol vans.

Have just sold my main car, a 63 plate A5 abs got an ok price for it in Part exchange. Will still be suing Audi though 
  • Options
    I wonder if a few people from Kent and Sussex who drive to Charlton will get caught out by this, as they might not be aware that Charlton is inside the ULEZ

Indeed most major London clubs are inside the ULEZ - Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Charlton, Millwall, Chelsea, Fulham, QPR, Leyton Orient
    Yeah I'll get caught up in it for sure... Doncaster game on the 30th is the first Home Game it'll be applicable for.
  • Options
    I wonder if a few people from Kent and Sussex who drive to Charlton will get caught out by this, as they might not be aware that Charlton is inside the ULEZ

Indeed most major London clubs are inside the ULEZ - Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Charlton, Millwall, Chelsea, Fulham, QPR, Leyton Orient
    Valley Floyd Road may sound different once the smog has lifted.

The covered end choir will surely be heard throughout Greenwich (and beyond) through the clear pure mountain air. 
  • Options

Yeah I'll get caught up in it for sure... Doncaster game on the 30th is the first Home Game it'll be applicable for.
    This is the sort of information the club needs to be publicising. Someone driving up from Dover or Eastbourne for games might not have paid attention to the London ULEZ scheme, thinking it wouldn't affect them

In general, it would be useful for the club to be more proactive with such travel related information. If the trains are badly affected due to engineering works, that's something you want to know in advance, and far more useful than much of the other information given in the preview emails and tweets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This is the sort of information the club needs to be publicising. Someone driving up from Dover or Eastbourne for games might not have paid attention to the London ULEZ scheme, thinking it wouldn't affect them

In general, it would be useful for the club to be more proactive with such travel related information. If the trains are badly affected due to engineering works, that's something you want to know in advance, and far more useful than much of the other information given in the preview emails and tweets
    Yeah I agree, I've been aware for months now that its been coming up, and was aware of it being implemented from the very beginning - Was speaking to someone at the last game who travels up from Southampton and they had no idea that the zone was being extended out to the North / South Circular
  • Options
    There are an awful lot of cars on the road inside the new ULEZ zone that will be impacted - I think an awful lot of people are not aware.
  • Options
    If you park outside the zone you could walk up to the ground or get the bus - depends how desperate you are to avoid paying it.

If your vehicle is registered for disabled use they've given an extended exemption(needs to be disabled tax class).
  • Options
    There seems to be no planning for the infrastructure for electric vehicles - is anyone in government in charge of this?
  • Options
    There seems to be no planning for the infrastructure for electric vehicles - is anyone in government in charge of this?
    A lot of petrol stations are currently having chargers installed. Most shopping centres too. Loads of charging points near Sainsburys and Costa in the Charlton retail park. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    A lot of petrol stations are currently having chargers installed. Most shopping centres too. Loads of charging points near Sainsburys and Costa in the Charlton retail park. 
    The trouble is there are loads of flats in Charlton/Greenwich with few nearby charging points.
  • Options
    bought my car in 2019, was first registered on 04/09/2015 and distinctly remember this was one of the main reasons for buying....just checked the website out of curiosity and it's saying my car isn't compliant.

Now I definitely remember it previously saying it was....anyone else had a similar issue?!?!
  • Options
    bought my car in 2019, was first registered on 04/09/2015 and distinctly remember this was one of the main reasons for buying....just checked the website out of curiosity and it's saying my car isn't compliant.

Now I definitely remember it previously saying it was....anyone else had a similar issue?!?!
    Whats the car? I'm not aware that the rules have changed in that period.

• Options
    edited October 2021

What sort of car is it? Nearly all diesels should be Euro6 from that date.
  • Options

As i said in a previous post 2020 Vauxhall Corsa Electric , That checker was saying not compliant ! cost me a £10 to register it .