Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln Roll call

13»

Comments

• Options
    a couple of trains a day go straight through but not at weekends .. as @SoundAsa£ said above, there will soon be a regular London service. Lots of new housing going up all around Lincolnshire, some areas have become pretty much London commuterland
  • Options
    So many Southern Counties/ London accents up here, it’s  a lovely county to live in and house prices will shock you, way way cheaper than the SE.
    Has a reputation as being very flat, whereas that’s true for the majority to the south but as you go north of Lincoln, it’s certainly not the case.
    Farm land and crops of every description stretch for mile upon mile…..Lincolnshire is a very big county.
    You don’t drive very far without being held up by a tractor or similar farm equipment, at first it’s pretty irritating but you soon learn to just soak it up, because it’s been that way for centuries and is part of the way of life. 🚜
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    So many Southern Counties/ London accents up here, it’s  a lovely county to live in and house prices will shock you, way way cheaper than the SE.
    Has a reputation as being very flat, whereas that’s true for the majority to the south but as you go north of Lincoln, it’s certainly not the case.
    Farm land and crops of every description stretch for mile upon mile…..Lincolnshire is a very big county.
    You don’t drive very far without being held up by a tractor or similar farm equipment, at first it’s pretty irritating but you soon learn to just soak it up, because it’s been that way for centuries and is part of the way of life. 🚜
    where are you @so@"SoundAsa£" ? .. I'm in Waltham, just S W of Grimsby
  • Options
    You have a PM.
  • Options
    You have a PM.
    gotcha :)
  • Options
    Appreciate its a tad early but I'm looking forward to this! First away day in almost 2 years! Always loved the atmosphere that Charlton create on the road.

Driving up with my old man and Nephew so early start from Southampton!

How many going up? and more importantly, what pubs are being frequented?
    We will be driving up from Fareham. Lincoln is one of the few grounds I haven't seen us play so looking forward to it.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Lincoln must be one of the biggest cities in England without a direct train to London?
    51 cities in England, 2 of which are in London so a list of 49, less Lincoln will be 48 others though if it’s big enough to have a cathedral (is that still the qualification?) it’ll be surprising if there are others 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Lincoln must be one of the biggest cities in England without a direct train to London?
    51 cities in England, 2 of which are in London so a list of 49, less Lincoln will be 48 others though if it’s big enough to have a cathedral (is that still the qualification?) it’ll be surprising if there are others 
    a list and map of English & Welsh cathedrals .. you can't go far without falling over one ((:>) .. List of cathedrals in England and Wales - Wikipedia
  • Options
    Decided to get the train instead of driving. 08.15 out of St Pancras via Peterborough & Newark - £40 return.

It's going to be a long old day!
  • Options
    Yep going with my son, was looking at staying over but can’t find anything decent/reasonable. Even holiday inn want £344 for the night 👀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Shag said:
    Yep going with my son, was looking at staying over but can’t find anything decent/reasonable. Even holiday inn want £344 for the night 👀
    Understand it's the UK National cycling championship over the weekend in Lincoln which could explain the inflated hotel prices.
  • Options
    Bloody cyclists get everywhere 
  • Options
    https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/nationalroadchampionships/article/20210914-British-Cycling-announces-routes-for-2021-HSBC-UK---National-Road-Championships-0?c=EN

Running from the 14th to the 17th, though thankfully nothing on the Saturday, so at least we'll be able to walk around without getting run over by cyclists!
  • Options
    Shag said:
    Crikey..i am staying there for 3 nights and it isn't that much for the 3 nights, but i only booked it about a month ago.
  • Options
    Shag said:

No good staying just outside Lincoln and making your way in?
  • Options
    Shag said:

No good staying just outside Lincoln and making your way in?
    Plenty of B&B’s in local villages and outer suburbs, though you may need to get a taxi back if you’re out late.
    Taxi’s are plentiful and reasonably priced in my experience.
  • Options
    Going with my dad and my son 3 generations and hopefully 3 points :)
  • Options
    Eltham finest are dept Kings Cross @ 9.48 arriving Lincoln @ 12:15 . . . What can possibly go wrong !!! 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Going with my dad and my son 3 generations and hopefully 3 points :)
    3 generations with us aswell...Great isn't it haha

Be good to know where people end up for food or drink 👍 think we're going to the Ritz (spoons not the fancy place!) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Me + 3 out of KX arriving into Lincoln at 11.07am.

Has the feel of a proper traditional away day. First one since Stoke Feb 20 for me. Home end at Gillingham doesn’t really count. 

Approaching ground 125!
    see you at kings x mate👍🏻
  • Options

That’s me 
  • Options
    Train from Kings X. got a few pubs lined up in Newark