Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2021-22 CL Prediction League Week 8 Results

If you have seen someone doing wheelies on a moped this weekend, I can reveal that it would probably be @fat man on a moped celebrating scoring maximum points. Not only did he score maximum points, but he got Prediction of the Week by correctly predicting that Brentford would win 2-1 at West Ham. It's the first full house of the season, although the new rule means that there is only one bonus point for getting all three results right. This feat was achieved in the lowest scoring week of the season with 5 points by @Bedsaddick and @tajaddick being the next two best efforts. Also, congratulations to @Rossman92, who is the only competitor to score 2+ for every week this season. 

Only 25 people took the risk of predicting the Fleetwood v Charlton game and only five were confident enough to foresee a win. Once again, it was @fat man on a moped who called this one correctly as did @Lewis Coaches.

There's now a week off from predictions due to the International break when England play the Scilly Isles and Sark in the World Cup qualifiers. I'll be back next week with Week 9's fixtures.

This week's mini-statbank

Graveyard prediction of the week: Portsmouth 4 Sunderland 0 (0 correct scores, 0 correct results, 36 wrong predictions)
Easy peasy prediction of the week: Atletico Madrid 2 Barcelona 0 (11 correct scores, 15 correct results, 1 wrong prediction
Unfancied fixture of the week: Crewe Alexandra 2 Cambridge United 2 (5 predictions - 0 correct scores, 3 correct results, 2 wrong predictions)
Competitor in the same position as Charlton: @Swerve (21st)
Longest streak of scoring 2+ each week - 8 weeks: @Rossman92
Longest streak of scoring 1 or less each week - 8 weeks: @Addickted, @Blackheathen
Formguide - best over last 4 weeks: @56yearsofdreams 17, @Viewfinder 17, @Bedsaddick 16, @ThreadKiller 16, @GoOnYouHaddocks 15, @johnnybev1987 15, @oohaahmortimer 15, @fat man on a moped 14, @LenGlover 13, @SomervilleAddick 13
Best prediction of the week: @fat man on a moped - West Ham 1 Brentford 2 (1 correct score, 1 correct result, 43 wrong predictions)
Worst prediction(s) of the week: : @BertieB - Portsmouth v Sunderland 0-3
Biggest riser of the week: @fat man on a moped from 7th League One to 7th Premier League
Biggest faller of the week: @RedChaser from 9th Championship to 3rd League One
Division Leaders: Premier League - @56yearsofdreams , Championship - @paulbaconsarnie , League One - @jakecafc , League Two - @Cloudworm , National - @lancashire lad , National South - @Dansk_Red

This week's scores
fat man on a moped ... 10
Bedsaddick ... 5
tajaddick ... 5
Big_Bob ... 4
cafcwill ... 4
Charlton_Stu ... 4
chezzafromcharlton ... 4
covered_end_junior ... 4
flyingkiwiDK ... 4
GoOnYouHaddocks ... 4
Lewis Coaches ... 4
oohaahmortimer ... 4
philcafc ... 4
StrikerFirmani ... 4
Swerve ... 4
The Red Robin ... 4
theeenorth ... 4
walshiesleftfoot ... 4
56yearsofdreams ... 3
ChicagoAddick ... 3
Chris_from_Sidcup ... 3
Follower Fred ... 3
IdleHans ... 3
LenGlover ... 3
Low_Ears ... 3
Macronate ... 3
Nicholas ... 3
paulie8290 ... 3
sarge1g ... 3
Seabros ... 3
ThreadKiller ... 3
Viewfinder ... 3
Addick Addict ... 2
Bangkokaddick ... 2
Beardface ... 2
cafckev ... 2
CAFCspooney ... 2
Chippycafc ... 2
CL_Phantom ... 2
Jac_52 ... 2
Karim_myBagheri ... 2
orpingtonRED ... 2
Redmidland ... 2
Rossman92 ... 2
SheffieldRed ... 2
throughthickandthin ... 2
tommo ... 2
Tutt-Tutt ... 2
Addickted ... 1
addix ... 1
Billyboy ... 1
Blackheathen ... 1
Bournemouth Addick ... 1
BR7_addick ... 1
Budleighaddick ... 1
Buglehorn ... 1
cafc375 ... 1
Carl Leaburn ... 1
Covered End ... 1
croydonaddick ... 1
DA15Addick ... 1
dajavouslagan ... 1
DoctorCharlton ... 1
Hopeful Harriet ... 1
jakecafc ... 1
johnnybev1987 ... 1
Killarahales ... 1
killerandflash ... 1
meldrew66 ... 1
moutuakilla ... 1
MrLargo ... 1
MrOneLung ... 1
No.1 in South London ... 1
North Lower Neil ... 1
NorthheathAddick ... 1
Paddy Powell ... 1
PaddyP17 ... 1
paulbaconsarnie ... 1
Pedro45 ... 1
Pessimist Pete ... 1
RaplhMilne ... 1
robroy ... 1
SaySomething ... 1
siblers ... 1
SomervilleAddick ... 1
Sonicstud85 ... 1
stackitsteve ... 1
Starinnaddick ... 1
thai malaysia addick ... 1
WestSussexAddick ... 1
Addick_in_Exile ... 0
AFKABartram ... 0
Alex Wright ... 0
barstool ... 0
BertieB ... 0
Bigfatpete ... 0
Bill_Stumps ... 0
blackpool72 ... 0
bobmunro ... 0
cblock ... 0
charscot ... 0
Chicken_Skins ... 0
clive ... 0
Cloudworm ... 0
Dansk_Red ... 0
Dazzler21 ... 0
eaststandmike ... 0
Elthamaddick ... 0
foresthillred ... 0
Hamlet ... 0
lindos480 ... 0
Miserableoldgit ... 0
ParkinsonOut ... 0
rananegra ... 0
RedChaser ... 0
redlanered ... 0
RickAddick ... 0
Rudders22 ... 0
Saulc23 ... 0
seth plum ... 0
sholland ... 0
Sillybilly ... 0
stonemuse ... 0
T_C_E ... 0
Tavern ... 0
Webbja77 ... 0

Comments

• Millwall let me down this week, by getting a 1-0 win which pleases nobody, other than a small number of retrobates in Bermondsey.

By not letting Barnsley get an equaliser, they've let me down, but ultimately they've let themselves down 
  • Millwall let me down this week, by getting a 1-0 win which pleases nobody, other than a small number of retrobates in Bermondsey.

By not letting Barnsley get an equaliser, they've let me down, but ultimately they've let themselves down 
    Yep, #metoo. I had predicted 0-0, so I was a couple of minutes away from three points.
  • I forgot to put predictions in for the first time ever. Am I right saying I score a nominal number of points??
  • edited October 2021
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I forgot to put predictions in for the first time ever. Am I right saying I score a nominal number of points??
    You get the week's average; the average this week was 1.55, which gets rounded to 2. I wish I had forgotten! You are allowed to miss three weeks over the whole season.

If you claim that you would have made the same predictions as @fat man on a moped, I won't let you claim 10 points!
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    I forgot to put predictions in for the first time ever. Am I right saying I score a nominal number of points??
    You get the week's average; the average this week was 1.55, which gets rounded to 2. I wish I had forgotten! You are allowed to miss three weeks over the whole season.

If you claim that you would have made the same predictions as @fat man on a moped, I won't let you claim 10 points!
    Not the form I’m in. I’ll happily take the two pts as that’s more than I’ve earned the last 3 weeks 🙁
  • Blackheathen seems to not only have dropped down the bottom - but through the bottom 😂
  • Blackheathen seems to not only have dropped down the bottom - but through the bottom 😂
    Oops. Apologies. I think I copied and pasted wrongly. I’ll make sure you reappear next time. Alternatively, just score a perfect ten and it won’t be a problem :smiley:
  • Cann’t wait to be copied and pasted!  Thanks tma
  • Get in! Top of the league!
  • Sponsored links:

• I must forget to do this for a few weeks as it's 2 weeks on the bounce scoring 0 :(

• rananegra said:
    I must forget to do this for a few weeks as it's 2 weeks on the bounce scoring 0 :(

Nah, you just made bad predictions. This is what you chose....

Crystal Palace Leicester City 2-1
    Cheltenham Town Rotherham United 2-1
    Fleetwood Town Charlton Athletic 2-1

The previous week you scored one point.
  • rananegra said:
    I must forget to do this for a few weeks as it's 2 weeks on the bounce scoring 0 :(

Nah, you just made bad predictions. This is what you chose....

Crystal Palace Leicester City 2-1
    Cheltenham Town Rotherham United 2-1
    Fleetwood Town Charlton Athletic 2-1

The previous week you scored one point.
    Brutal, i love it! Where is the applause button