Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV - Barnsley game available in the UK and Ireland?

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Anybody know for absolute sure whether Accrington will be streamed or not?
    Accrington won’t be able to stop Charlton from streaming the game via CharltonTV and I’m not sure they’re even looking to do that.
    Thank you for this information.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Anybody know for absolute sure whether Accrington will be streamed or not?
    Accrington won’t be able to stop Charlton from streaming the game via CharltonTV and I’m not sure they’re even looking to do that.
    Thanks Olly... Do we not get our feed (especially for away games) through iFollow, as I thought for those away trips, we still had to rely on their one camera (?) service. 
  • Options
    Sky camera/s will be there for highlights videos. I believe that ITV have the rights to the highlights package for next season. 
  • Options
    Good news for Andy Holt. After we lose all our pre season games heavily, no Charlton fans will want to watch a stream of the match anyway  ;)
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    clive said:
    Sage said:
    He has a point, sure.

However, he’s also only saying about the distribution of money from streams because they’ll never ever get close to what we would or others in the league. If they weren’t so small they would not be complaining.

What this does do though is limit those fans who rely on the streaming service for Accrington Stanley, such as the elderly.

I would hope that because our service is not iFollow, even if they use iFollow cameras, we could still have our own stream for the game.

What they will now also find is that rather than supporters using Accrington’s iFollow, they’ll pay for the opposition’s and still get the game streamed but financially, Accrington do not benefit so they’re no better off.

There is nothing better as a fan and for the club to have people attending matches, but you have to recognise the way the game and people’s behaviours and habits have changed and the need for streaming has, and will continue to grow.

Being creative with the streaming service whilst pricing match tickets at the right point to attract fans in attendance is the way forward. Otherwise you’ll price people out of attending and others will find a way somehow, be it legal or not.
    Even if Charlton TV were to stream the match, it is still only for fans based overseas, elderly or not.
    I would imagine most of the people who watch the streams are young people, some for free via illegal means & most living in this country.
    The majority would be watching it via a VPN, people will find a way whether it is legal or not.

Also, you would be surprised the amount of people who now watch games on the stream instead of attending. I know of a group of OAPs where they all have decided they watch the game on a stream instead of coming to The Valley now. It's cheaper, more convenient, and many more factors that contribute to their decision.

All Stanley are doing are cutting their nose off to spite their face.
    Am I missing something, or are you actually citing an example of exactly why Stanley are resisting? Your OAPs are putting precisely nothing into the club now. If one of them went three times a season, because he can't see any games on TV, the club will have sold three more tickets than they are now?

No because they've made the decision not to attend since COVID whether that is home or away. It shows that no matter if you're young or older, the demand is growing for streams and if it legal or not, most people will find a way if they want to.
    Still a bit lost here. Stanley should allow ifollow in to cover games so that people can watch hooky streams of it for free? Or are you saying something else? 
    I think you might be overestimating how many people watch the streams for free. Less than 5% of viewers will know what IPTV is, let alone how to use one. 

Using a VPN on a Saturday means you still have to pay the full price of the stream. 
    I guess what you are suggesting is that Stanley's income from people using the service illegally via VPN would outweigh the loss from people illegally streaming a hooky service? You may well be right.      
    While viewing a stream through a VPN is against the terms of use, it certainly isn't illegal. Much like watching a pirate video isn't but distribution is.  Plus there are a number of reasons you could be using a VPN beyond just masking your location. 
    Thanks for the info. Though I don't think it changes anything regarding Stanley's stance, does it?     
  • Options
    .Forgive my ignorance, but I didn't think you were allowed to stream Saturday 3pm games?
    Has something changed?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    clive said:
    Sage said:
    He has a point, sure.

However, he’s also only saying about the distribution of money from streams because they’ll never ever get close to what we would or others in the league. If they weren’t so small they would not be complaining.

What this does do though is limit those fans who rely on the streaming service for Accrington Stanley, such as the elderly.

I would hope that because our service is not iFollow, even if they use iFollow cameras, we could still have our own stream for the game.

What they will now also find is that rather than supporters using Accrington’s iFollow, they’ll pay for the opposition’s and still get the game streamed but financially, Accrington do not benefit so they’re no better off.

There is nothing better as a fan and for the club to have people attending matches, but you have to recognise the way the game and people’s behaviours and habits have changed and the need for streaming has, and will continue to grow.

Being creative with the streaming service whilst pricing match tickets at the right point to attract fans in attendance is the way forward. Otherwise you’ll price people out of attending and others will find a way somehow, be it legal or not.
    Even if Charlton TV were to stream the match, it is still only for fans based overseas, elderly or not.
    I would imagine most of the people who watch the streams are young people, some for free via illegal means & most living in this country.
    The majority would be watching it via a VPN, people will find a way whether it is legal or not.

Also, you would be surprised the amount of people who now watch games on the stream instead of attending. I know of a group of OAPs where they all have decided they watch the game on a stream instead of coming to The Valley now. It's cheaper, more convenient, and many more factors that contribute to their decision.

All Stanley are doing are cutting their nose off to spite their face.
    Am I missing something, or are you actually citing an example of exactly why Stanley are resisting? Your OAPs are putting precisely nothing into the club now. If one of them went three times a season, because he can't see any games on TV, the club will have sold three more tickets than they are now?

No because they've made the decision not to attend since COVID whether that is home or away. It shows that no matter if you're young or older, the demand is growing for streams and if it legal or not, most people will find a way if they want to.
    Still a bit lost here. Stanley should allow ifollow in to cover games so that people can watch hooky streams of it for free? Or are you saying something else? 
    I think you might be overestimating how many people watch the streams for free. Less than 5% of viewers will know what IPTV is, let alone how to use one. 

Using a VPN on a Saturday means you still have to pay the full price of the stream. 
    I guess what you are suggesting is that Stanley's income from people using the service illegally via VPN would outweigh the loss from people illegally streaming a hooky service? You may well be right.      
    While viewing a stream through a VPN is against the terms of use, it certainly isn't illegal. Much like watching a pirate video isn't but distribution is.  Plus there are a number of reasons you could be using a VPN beyond just masking your location. 
    Thanks for the info. Though I don't think it changes anything regarding Stanley's stance, does it?     

No, and I think it is fairly backwards in 2022. What Andy Holt is really bemoaning is the fact that Stanley are not well supported and he wants to control the limited numbers that do. He is the owner, it is his choice, but all he is really doing is hurting his own pocket and the fans who want to give him money. IMO he is deluded to think that cutting streams will suddenly lead to a significant increase at the gate.  

Yes it will deal with the people watching the free streams but it is a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water
  • Options
    .Forgive my ignorance, but I didn't think you were allowed to stream Saturday 3pm games?
    Has something changed?
    You cant at the moment... Its for those abroad, and those who have holiday homes abroad and private planes (VPNs)
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Has something changed?
    You cant at the moment... Its for those abroad, and those who have holiday homes abroad and private planes (VPNs)
    And those with PNP…………………..private number plates. 🫠
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The guy is trying to get the best for the club he owns and I supose he cant be blamed for that however the wage cap was stupid and so is trying to stop streaming. It would be like us bemoaning because we dont get the same hates as Sunderland ffs
  • Options
    Andy Holt still going on about this on Twitter. He wants all the streaming money pooled and shared among EFL clubs evenly, like a TV deal.

Bang on again Mr Holt. Our supporters trust are big fans of his and would like to think they would be in agreement with this 
  • Options
    Does anyone know the line up for this season - Minto, Curbs, Browny??????
  • Options
    What time does the coverage start on Charlton TV?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Anyone else having trouble getting this?

EDIT ignore it starts in 4 mins @Solidgone
  • Options
    Countdown now up
  • Options
    Bloody saying I need to log in and iam logged in ffs
  • Options
    Pitch looks great.
  • Options
    Quick someone’s nicking the goal!
  • Options
    Quick someone’s nicking the goal!
    Skintgaard cutting costs again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know how to unsubscribe from Charlton TV? Bought the month pass for the friendliest.
  • Options
    Anyone know how to unsubscribe from Charlton TV? Bought the month pass for the friendliest.

Same.  Can't find any option on the site and the FAQ acts like there should be an option on the account page..
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

Same.  Can't find any option on the site and the FAQ acts like there should be an option on the account page..
    If you go to the ‘my subscriptions’ bit you can do it from there.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

I'm probably being blind, but cant see anything like that on my Account?
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

I must be blind as cannot see that page anywhere. Only have a "my account" page and a "log out option" and under the Charlton TV section can't see anything either 
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Jac_52 said:

I must be blind as cannot see that page anywhere. Only have a "my account" page and a "log out option" and under the Charlton TV section can't see anything either 
    Oh thank god... Its not just me
  • Options
    Yes the FAQ's directs you to the my account section. That section does not allow you to cancel. Brilliant.
  • Options
    I found 'My Subscriptions' on the Valley TV Purchase Pass menu page with an option to cancel auto renewal there, adding a reason.
  • Options
    WSA said:
    I found 'My Subscriptions' on the Valley TV Purchase Pass menu page with an option to cancel auto renewal there, adding a reason.
    Found it thank you... Should be right at the top of this page below for anyone else

https://www.charltonafc.com/charltontv/purchase-your-pass
  • Options
    WSA said:
    Cheers just cancelled.