Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can you spot yourself: part two

Comments

• Mickey Flanagan in the foreground on the left.

John Fryer by the tunnel wearing the tie.

(Bolton match?)
  • I’d be somewhere just behind the person taking the photo 
  • Was there but what year?
  • And I thought my eyesight was getting worse 🤓

• edited October 2021
    Neither Flanagan or Fryer were at the club in 1983 (if that's the Bolton 4-1 relegation avoidance game)....but guess they could have still been in attendance. 
  • Simonsen said:
    Neither Flanagan or Fryer were at the club in 1983 (if that's the Bolton 4-1 relegation avoidance game)....but guess they could have still been in attendance. 
    I think it is the Bolton game. There haven’t been many games over the last fifty years where we’ve gone on the pitch in any great numbers 
  • Flanagan was at Qpr in 83 as part of their promotion team. 

If that is Mike then it is probably the last match at the Valley. Stoke in 85. 
  • Richard J said:
    Flanagan was at Qpr in 83 as part of their promotion team. 

If that is Mike then it is probably the last match at the Valley. Stoke in 85. 
    Don’t think it was Stoke. There are people on the East Terrace. That was closed for the Stoke match
  • that is evidently not Flanagan (on the basis that it doesn't look like him) and definitely isn't Stoke 85 given the numbers on the East Terrace.
  • I'm going with Charlton V Gillingham on 2nd May 1981, Charlton having clinched promotion the week before at Carlisle.

Here's a picture on Pinterest by Trevor Belmont showing Trevor Lee scoring for Gillingham. The advertising is the same as the opening post, to the left of the half time scoreboard.