Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is our current best match day squad?

Nigel Adkins can't consistently pick an 18, we all agree the chopping and changing is disruptive. 

If you were manager and were told the chopping and changing had to stop only 18 players allowed to be picked for the whole of October (injuries permitting) and if things don't improve, you're sacked... 

Who is in your squad?

Comments

• Options
    I would be suggesting the following:

MacGillivray

Matthews - Lavelle - Famewo - Purrington

Leko - Clare - Watson - B.Taylor

Davison - Lee 

Subs:
    Henderson, Pearce, Souare, Dobson, Kirk, Jaiyesimi, Washington
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    The one from 2004/05

Edit: This was funnier before Dazzler edited the thread title. Booooooo! 😉
  • Options
    I wasn't going to ask if this was in Fun, Jokes and Captions by accident, but actually it may be that it was done on purpose with the absolute shit show we've seen this season...
  • Options
    Ross said:
    I wasn't going to ask if this was in Fun, Jokes and Captions by accident, but actually it may be that it was done on purpose with the absolute shit show we've seen this season...
    Yep it was on purpose.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Mac; Matthews (reluctantly); Lavelle; Famewo; Purrington; Watson; Clare; Lee; Leko; Washington; CBT; Gunter; Pearce; Dobson; Gilbey; Kirk; Stockley; Davison

Some of those are with great reluctance and the absence of viable alternatives. EG Matthews has been dogshit and I don't really want Gunter anywhere near but he's the only on who can "cover" both full backs.
    Edit: And that's without a back-up goalie
    The other caveat is they'll need remotivating/new manager
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

MacGillivray

Davison - Lee 

Subs:
    Henderson, Pearce, Souare, Dobson, Kirk, Jaiyesimi, Washington
    So the team that just got beat 4-1 at home?

I actually agree. 
  • Options
    MacG
    Matthews Lavelle Pearce Purrington
    Clare Watson
    Leko Gilbey CBT
    Davison

Henderson, Purrington, Famewo, Dobson, Lee, DJ, Stockley, Washington.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

I still think the Adkins method will come good.
  • Options
    I have no clue but Watson would not be in it.  Not only is he poor but his attitude is all wrong.  Should never have renewed his contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We really do have an embarrassment of riches in some areas. I just tried to do this and realised Lee wasn't even making the 18, nor was Clare or CBT. That's a positive thing, we've just managed to turn it into a negative by making too many changes. The one thing I know for sure is it's time for Gunter to come in at right back, Matthews needs a long sit down. I'm hopeful Arter can get a bit fitter and show a version of what Watson does but with more mobility but I'm not going to hold my breath on it. You can see why other managers look at our squad and think how great it looks on paper, they just can't function on grass.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    not really answering the question, our current squad is too big, thirty three names appear on the programme team lists, it also lacks quality and has too many injury prone unreliables .. even so ..

Reluctantly leaving out Washington, Dobson and Jaiyesimi and would have included Forster-Caskey were he fit. My 18 maybe short in midfield and up front and a bit heavy with defenders as I have included Elewere and thought of excluding Pearce but we need his experience .
    We lack (i m o) versatility right through the squad. No place for Harry Arter, not room for both him and Watson

Henderson/MacG ..
    Matthews/Gunter/Famewo/Lavelle/Pearce/Elerewe/Purrington
    Lee/Clare/Watson/Morgan/Gilbey
    Stockley/Davison/Blackett-Taylor/Leko
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

MacGillivray

Davison - Lee 

Subs: