Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Music Concerts / Festivals - Been to / Booked

Anyone been to any after lockdown , what were they like?

Did you feel safe? 

Or haven’t yet been but have got some booked up for the future?

Comments

• Options
    Tull - “The Prog Years” last Friday - Covid passports - absolutely great to be back at a gig and there was substantial flute playing on one leg!

Felt very safe and really enjoyed it!
  • Options
    Brought the tickets pre covid 
  • Options
    Been to silverstone (COVID passports), Isle of Wight festival (COVID passports) and Ash at the roundhouse (no COVID passports as far as I could tell. Felt good at all of them but with Ash would probably have been a bit more concerned if hadn’t been to the others first. 

Got kids coming up though as 2 years worth all starting up now. 
  • Options
    Saw The Purple Hearts at a place in Colchester a few weeks ago. Wasn’t packed and felt fairly safe. Am going to see them again at the 100 Club next Sunday. Was my first gig since Feb 20 and was so good to see live music again. Have tickets to see Roger Daltrey at The Palladium in November and Secret Affair in Brighton a couple of weeks later.
  • Options
    Went to my first since the pandemic last Friday and got loads coming up, 13 between now and end of April. 

Definitely felt wary of being indoors with a few hundred others - especially queueing at the bar - but I’d rather get on with it than miss out on the gigs at this point. 

Suppose it’s a bit early to tell what the risk is, passports would make me feel more comfortable but lack of them wouldn’t put me off. 
  • Options
    Genesis concert last Friday.
    Manchester AO arena. Hardly any COVID checks.
  • Options
    Have Madness/Squeeze at the O2 in December and then a couple of Paul Weller gigs in April.  Rock in Rio in Lisbon in June for Foo Fighters, Liam Gallagher & The National before seeing Foos again at the Taxpayers Stadium a week later.  Looking forward to booking lots more in between.
  • Options
    Not been to any yet, but got big 90s festival and Oktoberfest in Chelmsford this weekend (gonna hurt!) And got guns and roses, pixies and pearl jam, and aerosmith lined up for next year. Wife booked them an obviously cares for the elderly rocker!
  • Options
    Idles in jan, Glastonbury next summer, few festivals in Albania in June for work/play. 
  • Options
    Went to the Isle of Wight festival a couple of weeks ago. Needed a negative LFT or double vaccine pass for entry. The checks in place were utterly pointless, no scanning, etc. Just show a QR code and in you go. Did mean no bag searches though, which was a right result as you could take your own booze wherever you liked. Given it was outdoors and loads of space didn't feel at risk at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lattitude festival in July - covid passports /LFT required.  One of our crowd got covid after it (1 in 25).  Going to Genesis at O2 in 2 weeks time.
  • Options
    Was also at the Roundhouse for Ash (brilliant night!), quite surprised there were no covid measures at all, just "wear a mask if you want".
  • Options
    Went to Gerry Cinnamon at Ally Pally last night.  Was just like C-19 had never happened
  • Options
    Love Rocks iv outdoor festival in June. Inglorious the Waterfront Norwich on Monday, double Covid jab proof required. Felt safe at both and both were brilliant.
  • Options
    Went to Roundhouse To see SPECIALS last Friday. Stated that you needed to upload to NHS Covid App a negative test. But, no checking that you had done it. Was packed, but felt safe.