Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Lancaster RIP

Just saw that the original Status Quo bassist has died. Rock in Peace.

Comments

• Options
    RIP, been ill with MS for a long time, a horrible condition

It's quite shocking that he was replaced as Quo bassist by John Edwards in 1985, that's 36 years ago...
  • Options
    Love Quo, Loved the Frantic Four era. Seen them many many times and always a great show. Thank you and RIP Alan.
  • Options

It's quite shocking that he was replaced as Quo bassist by John Edwards in 1985, that's 36 years ago...
    I saw him play with Quo a few years back at Hammersmith when they, (the original 4), were doing reunion gigs, where I had seen them for the first time 35 years previously. It was pretty much the same concert but the participants and audience were less nibble. 
    I read he was quite a fiery character at times and was sack, conveniently, when he was living in Australia.  
    Quo were never the Quo without Alan. 
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Didn’t know he had MS. I have MS and it’s horrible. Saw the original line up at Reading many moons ago. RiP
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    https://youtu.be/BNcK9samiDc

Quo live Ham Odeon
  • Options
    I knew Alan when we young boys growing up in Peckham and also knew some of his relatives from those days. 

So it is especially sad to hear of his passing.

RIP Alan. 

• Options
    Real shame, although he had been ill for some time. Saw him play with Quo once.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So sad to hear this news, great bass, and kingpin of the original and ever best lineup, saw them at Welcome Inn '67 and Lewisham Odeon '77...RIP 
  • Options
    Wow sad RIP
  • Options
    Went with a few mates and saw the original line up at Hammersmith Odeon, I think around 79, not my music choice at the time being a Mod but still enjoyed it.

I remember buying the Hello album when it came out around 73 and still enjoy listening to it today.
  • Options
    Also at Lewisham Odeon 1977. RIP.
  • Options
    I was a second cousin to Alan and although we never met had loads of stories shared with me by my aunt. Most notable was the fact that despite their first hit Matchstick Men going to number 1 Quo did not pull out of playing at a wedding reception they promised to do in Alan’s family. As far as I understand Alan remained in Australia at the end of their tour there when he fell in love with an Aussie journalist. RIP Alan
  • Options
    Terrific live act in those days, many fond memories. 
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:
    And me as well
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:
    And me as well
    me too - saw them elsewhere on that tour too but they bolted Lewisham on as an extra date I believe as it all sold out. Hit the jackpot as all tickets sold out for Lewisham quickly but my Mother worked at the Kentish Independent in Woolwich and we blagged two press tickets for my mate and I ! Fantastic.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:
    And me as well
    me too - saw them elsewhere on that tour too but they bolted Lewisham on as an extra date I believe as it all sold out. Hit the jackpot as all tickets sold out for Lewisham quickly but my Mother worked at the Kentish Independent in Woolwich and we blagged two press tickets for my mate and I ! Fantastic.
    Sounds like we are getting quite a few of The Lewisham Odeon Gang...4 so far
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:
    And me as well
    Sounds like we are getting quite a few of The Lewisham Odeon Gang...4 so far
    Yep I was there to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP.

Also thinking of my bro today, the biggest Quo fan in Sydenham... chin up bruv.
  • Options
    I blame The Quo - at The Black Prince, Bexley - for trashing my eardrums.
    RIP Alan.