Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sabina Nessa - May she RIP

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    iainment said:
    She’s grieving. She’s angry. She’s saying what she thinks.

Cut her some slack.
    Which is all true and fine.

But why has she been on every news channel tonight saying the same thing? Plenty of people on here spout bollocks - me included - and particularly so when they're angry, but we wouldn't be making headline news if what we were saying was clearly not true, regardless of whether we believe what we were saying or not.
    But her family’s tragedy is from something that was/is major news. Your anger isn’t.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Off_it said:
    iainment said:

Cut her some slack.

But why has she been on every news channel tonight saying the same thing? Plenty of people on here spout bollocks - me included - and particularly so when they're angry, but we wouldn't be making headline news if what we were saying was clearly not true, regardless of whether we believe what we were saying or not.
    But her family’s tragedy is from something that was/is major news. Your anger isn’t.
    What anger?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Absolutely flabbergasted by the sisters comments.

It's hard to imagine how the case could have got any more press and TV coverage than it did - it was headline news everywhere and for a sustained period of time. 

Maybe we should be charitable and put it down to grief. But I don't know why it's being covered so much now when its clearly bollocks!
    I’m not sure why you would actually be that concerned about the amount of media coverage it received. Your sister has been murdered and the person responsible caught fairly quickly. I could understand that in a case of a missing person you could think that not enough publicity was given in the media to finding that person but this case received widespread coverage. I’m a bit confused as to why her sister feels like this.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    iainment said:
    Off_it said:
    iainment said:

Cut her some slack.

What anger?
    You mentioned anger.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Off_it said:
    iainment said:
    Off_it said:
    iainment said:

Cut her some slack.

What anger?
    You mentioned anger.
    No, I said people can spout bollocks when they're angry - which is what I'm assuming she is because she's grieving. But I'm not angry personally. Am just stating an opinion that I find it all a bit odd. 

Hope that's cleared things up for you.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

It's hard to imagine how the case could have got any more press and TV coverage than it did - it was headline news everywhere and for a sustained period of time. 

Maybe we should be charitable and put it down to grief. But I don't know why it's being covered so much now when its clearly bollocks!
    I’m not sure why you would actually be that concerned about the amount of media coverage it received. Your sister has been murdered and the person responsible caught fairly quickly. I could understand that in a case of a missing person you could think that not enough publicity was given in the media to finding that person but this case received widespread coverage. I’m a bit confused as to why her sister feels like this.
    Other people/lawyer/pressure groups with an agenda behind it I’ll wager. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Off_it said:

Other people/lawyer/pressure groups with an agenda behind it I’ll wager. 
    Quite possibly.