Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steve Avory Testimonial

Just noticed that Steve Avory has done 20 years serving Charlton Athletic FC. He has done stellar work leading our Academy and has seen the development of some immense talent. In these times of doom and gloom, isn't it about time the fans were given the opportunity to show Steve how much we appreciate everything he has done for us with a testimonial game?

Comments

• Options
    Just noticed that Steve Avory has done 20 years serving Charlton Athletic FC. He has done stellar work leading our Academy and has seen the development of some immense talent. In these times of doom and gloom, isn't it about time the fans were given the opportunity to show Steve how much we appreciate everything he has done for us with a testimonial game?
    He had his work cut out with me when he was my games teacher in the early 80’s
  • Options
    Agreed. 
  • Options
    Wow - I didn't realise he had borne so much. Definitely deserves a benefit game.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Or me in 2000-2002. (secondary school)
  • Options
    Was coach of our north Sussex team in mid-90’s. Nice bloke. Wonder how many of the kids he has helped keep in touch with him.
  • Options

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    Would be amazing to have all of those who have gone onto great things play a game at the valley 

Gomez, lookman, Parker, arter, konsa, etc 

surely would be high attendance for that
    To see Parker in a Charlton shirt again?! I swear everyone will just boo him every-time he touches the ball.
  • Options
    The U18s v an "academy all stars" team would be a cracking end of season game.  You probably couldn't get players like Gomez and Konsa to play but some ex pros, a couple of our current 1st team players (Morgan, Arter, Roddy :smile:) maybe even Solly. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    sammy391 said:
    Would be amazing to have all of those who have gone onto great things play a game at the valley 

To see Parker in a Charlton shirt again?! I swear everyone will just boo him every-time he touches the ball.
    Maybe he can play for whoever is the opposition, ..  B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:

the bulk of Parkers time in the youth set up would have been pre Avory anyway