Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham v Charlton Match Thread 21/09/2021

Comments

• Charlton: MacGillivray, Purrington, Pearce (c), Morgan, Washington, Lavelle, Matthews, Lee, Blackett-Taylor, Davison, Watson

Subs: Harness, Famewo, Stockley, Gilbey, Leko, Kirk, Clare
  • At least we haven't conceded yet 
  • Ben Watson and Jason Pierce FFS does Adkins want the sack - those 2 should be nowhere near the first team
  • Why drop Famewo? I mean it’s a strong bench ; but like others have said Watson and Morgan?
  • Croydon said:
    I've defended Adkins, but if he genuinely thinks Morgan and Watson are a decent midfield pairing then he needs his fucking head tested.
    Well he is staking his future at the club on this thinking.
  • That team just looks so rough to me.
  • CBT starting about the only plus point - also what I'll be needing tomorrow morning after we lose
  • Sponsored links:

• It's certainly going to be interesting this evening. 
  • Morgan, Watson and Pearce.....bloody hell!!! Nuff said.
  • edited September 2021
    The team always gets the benefit of the doubt before any game for me

But even if we win tonight with Watson / Morgan it'll feel a bit like the saying: "a broken clock is right at least twice a day" because we've clearly seen on too many occasions that they struggle against better midfields.

Glad in a small way that Famewo has been dropped, he's been one of the biggest culprits for just getting it away from the defence without caring about building a proper attack - But the pressure is now on the rest of the back four to do the opposite.
  • hopefully the fact,that team particularly with Pearce Watson and Albie in, is possibly the least inspiring starting lineup I’ve seen since I’m not sure when, will burn this comment down in flames, but I just don’t get what the fuck is going with this shit!!.😤
  • Leuth said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Why drop Famewo? I mean it’s a strong bench ; but like others have said Watson and Morgan?
    Because he keeps kicking the fucking ball off the pitch. One of the most understandable changes in this XI
    And you think Pierce is better?
  • Leuth said:
    Clare for Watson and it basically turns into the team that destroyed Crawley, tbf to Adkins. He might as well try to recapture that
    (and Dobson for Morgan)
  • Leuth said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Why drop Famewo? I mean it’s a strong bench ; but like others have said Watson and Morgan?
    Because he keeps kicking the fucking ball off the pitch. One of the most understandable changes in this XI
    And you think Pierce is better?
    I mean Pearce's kicks usually remain on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another random team selection (until it was leaked a day ago!)

• What could be more of an indictment of the recruitment policy that Watson and Pearce are in 7 games in, with no injury crisis!!. Desperate.
  • Morgan & Watson. 7 changes from Saturday.

FUCKSAKE 🤦🏻‍♀️😡
  • My first streamed match of the season

Charlton TV starting with a montage of the players who've been dropped  :D
  • Dear oh Dear......Watson, Morgan and Pearce in the same team. Does Adkins want the sack?

So pleased I paid £10 for the stream. Really wish I had checked the team first.
  • edited September 2021
    Weird selection. CBT's late cameo aside, I thought Dobson was our best player, by a distance, on Saturday, yet he is dropped tonight. I'm still somewhat defensive of Morgan (note I do say somewhat), but Watson back in there for Dobson has me scratching my head. I can only assume he's trying to place his trust in experience, but I think he may have fucked himself if he thinks Watson is going to dig him out of this hole. Pearce will run through brick walls because he is just that kind of pro, whether or not that is enough anymore, is another question.

Looks like a pulling names out of a hat type selection of a manager who has already run out of ideas.
  • wholesale changes indicate to me yet again that Adkins has no real idea who are his best players and what tactics to employ with them ..
     Famewo out ?, agree with that even though Pearce is not the ideal replacement .. But Leko and Stockley both out ? .. on the bright side, good to see Matthews in at right back and welcome back Ben Purrington at last and Alex Gilbey on the bench

It'll be another tough one .. so come on youse Addickksssssaaaaa 
  • Gillingham: Cumming, Bennett, Ehmer, Tucker, McKenzie, MacDonald, Dempsey, Adshead, Lee, Kelman, Oliver.

Subs: Chapman, Tutonda, Akehurst, Reeves, Lloyd, Sithole, Akinde.
  • Wasn’t that the team that was leaked 👀 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!