Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bluetooth Speakers

Has anyone got any recommendations for a Bluetooth speaker that has the following please -

- Under £50.
- Plays while plugged in.
- Lasts longer than a couple of months.
- Reasonably sound quality. 
- Doesn't lose connection to the phone every 20 minutes.

Cheers

Comments

• edited September 2021
    JBL are worth looking at... I've got the JBL Flip which is £80 but I think the portable for £20 / £30 (depending on the colour) still produces decent sound - Although not 100% sure if it still plays whilst charging if thats what you mean?

I used to have a Bose Soundlink and the sound difference between a £200 speaker and £50-£60 one is minimal.

Pretty good battery life on them as well, and dont really lose connection to the phone unless I go out of range

Anker might be another one worth looking at on a budget as well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundCore-Dual-Driver-Distortion-Microphone-Black/dp/B016MO90GW/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3ANKGAY690OZZ&dchild=1&keywords=anker+speaker+bluetooth&qid=1632218662&sprefix=Anker+Sp,aps,175&sr=8-4
  • JBL are worth looking at... I've got the JBL Flip which is £80 but I think the portable for £20 / £30 (depending on the colour) still produces decent sound - Although not 100% sure if it still plays whilst charging if thats what you mean?

I used to have a Bose Soundlink and the sound difference between a £200 speaker and £50-£60 one is minimal.

Pretty good battery life on them as well, and dont really lose connection to the phone unless I go out of range

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundCore-Dual-Driver-Distortion-Microphone-Black/dp/B016MO90GW/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3ANKGAY690OZZ&dchild=1&keywords=anker+speaker+bluetooth&qid=1632218662&sprefix=Anker+Sp,aps,175&sr=8-4
    Yeah, this is just for a workshop. My latest one, a Rockbox, was bought for my birthday last May, it's never charged properly and now won't take a charge at all. So one that runs off the mains, or does both (charges and plays at the same time) would be ideal.

I'll take a look at this one now, cheers
  • I’m pretty happy with my Wonderboom.
    Looks like you can get it for around 50 quid.

https://pricespy.co.uk/audio-video/speakers-headphones/portable-speakers/ultimate-ears-ue-wonderboom--p4273985

• Gribbo said:
    Has anyone got any recommendations for a Bluetooth speaker that has the following please -

- Under £50.

Cheers

what's wrong with listening to the French wireless?
  • Anker are always good value. 

Having said that, I capsized a kayak a few years back on the Dordogne, went into a Leclerc and got one of these.

Waterproof, great sound, only got it meaning for it to be the rest of the holiday, but never bothered with another after that. 

£39

Sony SRS-XB13 - Compact & Portable Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth® speaker with EXTRA BASS™ - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08YF1T4SW/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_C3P42YHEDM344E5BC9W5?psc=1
  • I have the LG PK5 which i use at work on construction sites (hence all the paint etc). This is the older model, I believe the latest model is the PL5 which I think is around £56 on amazon at the moment (normally around £100). It is brilliant quality, hard wearing, waterproof and dust proof. I've had mine around 18 months and apart from being caked in paint, it is perfect. The sound quality is excellent and they can be paired with other LG XBoom devices for even more sound. It has around an 18hour battery life but can play whilst charging and uses a standard usb-c cable which most Android phones use. I can't seem to find this model for sale anywhere now but they do still sell the PK3 which is a bit smaller and less powerful but still round £50 so would probably go for the newer PL5 for similar price. 
  • Bit more money but we bought a Ultimate Ears Boom about 4 years ago and it's still going strong.  Think they can be had for around £80 or £90 now 

Battery last for hours, music is loud and decent quality and it floats so you can have it bobbing around in the pool if you want - or leave it on the side of the pool until a kid knocks it in accidentally!

Couldn't recommend it highly enough
  • I recently ordered a speaker from Amazon made by a company called Tribit, its so good I ordered a set of their headphones, I'm also impressed with them. Apparently they're a company set up by three audio engineers who wanted to release quality sounding audio gear but not super expensive.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/Tribit/page/EA016D8E-B183-4950-8072-620BD7A70C53?ref_=ast_bln 
  • edited September 2021
    Another vote here for the UE Wonderboom. Original is around 50/60 notes these days.
  • Gribbo said:

- Under £50.

Cheers

I used to liten to the classic stations, but there seems to be so much chat on French radio. The other problem with French radio is they apparently have to have a certain percentage of their content French language songs and its shite
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

- Under £50.

Cheers

I used to liten to the classic stations, but there seems to be so much chat on French radio. The other problem with French radio is they apparently have to have a certain percentage of their content French language songs and its shite

I can't get Absolute Radio round here anymore.  Instead it tunes into French chat radio.  Been wanting to get this off my chest for months now and this seems the ideal opportunity.  

• Huskaris said:
    Anker are always good value. 

Having said that, I capsized a kayak a few years back on the Dordogne, went into a Leclerc and got one of these.

Waterproof, great sound, only got it meaning for it to be the rest of the holiday, but never bothered with another after that. 

£39

Sony SRS-XB13 - Compact & Portable Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth® speaker with EXTRA BASS™ - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08YF1T4SW/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_C3P42YHEDM344E5BC9W5?psc=1
    Thats what I have and use when working in the garage, garden whatever outdoors and also it comes into the shower with me. Bargain, good sound quality to a surprisingly loud volume and easy peas to connect. It will play and charge at the same time and the battery is good for a couple of days use. You can also drop it in a body of water and it will still work 
  • Anker Soundcore - £30 and you can buy two and pair them up so you have stereo speakers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MTB55WH/
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

- Under £50.

Cheers

I can't get Absolute Radio round here anymore.  Instead it tunes into French chat radio.  Been wanting to get this off my chest for months now and this seems the ideal opportunity.  

Hear you brother.

I try and keep it myself, but sometimes it's hard and it just comes out - "French radio is f******shiiiit!!!"
  • Gribbo said:

- Under £50.

Cheers

Anker Soundcore products off of Amazon. Great quality and very reasonably priced.
  • Earfun Uboom

Funny sounding product but beat the competitors in my tests.
  • Cheers all 
  • I have the LG PK5 which i use at work on construction sites (hence all the paint etc). This is the older model, I believe the latest model is the PL5 which I think is around £56 on amazon at the moment (normally around £100). It is brilliant quality, hard wearing, waterproof and dust proof. I've had mine around 18 months and apart from being caked in paint, it is perfect. The sound quality is excellent and they can be paired with other LG XBoom devices for even more sound. It has around an 18hour battery life but can play whilst charging and uses a standard usb-c cable which most Android phones use. I can't seem to find this model for sale anywhere now but they do still sell the PK3 which is a bit smaller and less powerful but still round £50 so would probably go for the newer PL5 for similar price. 
    Like a plasterer's radio.
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

- Under £50.

Cheers

you do know its moved to DAB?

download the app on your phone and play it through that 
  • My Anker Soundcore has been working perfectly for the last 6 years despite my constant neglect and mistreatment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have you considered spending a little bit more and getting a Google Nest Audio?

Get all the smart speaker stuff that way.
  • JBL are worth looking at... I've got the JBL Flip which is £80 but I think the portable for £20 / £30 (depending on the colour) still produces decent sound - Although not 100% sure if it still plays whilst charging if thats what you mean?

The Anker one is decent on all counts.
  • https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-srs-xb23-extra-bass-waterproof-bluetooth-portable-speaker/p5089501

I bought a Sony XB23 for my garage/workshop. It’s ok at £79 but just like all the other single speakers, it has its limitations. 
  • Not on the same level but picked up a little Daewoo one for 6.99 from Home Bargains to use in the kitchen. Surprisingly impressed by the sound 
  • Gribbo said:

- Under £50.

Cheers

Just ordered this for Tommy D. 

Bluetooth speaker 5.0, Tronsmart Force 40W Portable Speaker With 3D Stereo, Extra Bass, IPX7 Waterproof,15 Hours Playtime,Voice Assistant,100ft Bluetooth Range For Travel, Party, works with Alexa https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KWQD6HV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KKSMT1EZ9FRKYDVJS2DE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Shoukd arrive today so will know more later. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Gribbo said:

- Under £50.

Cheers

Bluetooth speaker 5.0, Tronsmart Force 40W Portable Speaker With 3D Stereo, Extra Bass, IPX7 Waterproof,15 Hours Playtime,Voice Assistant,100ft Bluetooth Range For Travel, Party, works with Alexa https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KWQD6HV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KKSMT1EZ9FRKYDVJS2DE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Should arrive today so will know more later. 
    This sounds amazing @Gribbo, way better than my mini Bose. The bass is incredible. 
    Tommy is well happy! 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Gribbo said:

- Under £50.

Cheers

Should arrive today so will know more later. 
    This sounds amazing @Gribbo, way better than my mini Bose. The bass is incredible. 
    Tommy is well happy! 
    Cheers mate, will have a look. 
  • bluetooth connection issues more likely to be down to the sender than the receiver
  • I have a ser of Bokmans I'm very happy with but they may have been a little over 50. I can't remember unfortunately.  They may do a cheaper version I guess?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Gribbo said:

- Under £50.

Cheers

Shoukd arrive today so will know more later. 
    Why are you buying Thomas Driesen things?