Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

portuguese fan- Tickets for saturday´s match against Portsmouth

Hi !

I´m a portuguese Addick since I´m a little child and next weekend I´m going to London on a vacation trip. One of my main goals for this trip is to watch a Charlton Athletic match at The Valley and I´m so glad that it is happening this saturday.

However, when I was trying to purchase 2 tickets with my friend on the website it didn´t work. It appears the warning note that "This event is no longer available for sale". 

Hope you can help me with this so I'm able to possess the tickets and have this amazing experience.

Best regards,
Joaquim Oliveira 

Comments

• Options
    Is the Jimmy Seed Stand sold out?

Just asking.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Is the Jimmy Seed Stand sold out?

Just asking.
    yes it is
  • Options
    Hi Joaquim,

the tickets are on restricted sale at the moment to prevent Pompey fans from buying seats outside the Jimmy Seeds Stand. I think the CAFC community will find a way to support you. Any ideas @GlassHalfFull?
  • Options
    MadGerman said:
    Hi Joaquim,

the tickets are on restricted sale at the moment to prevent Pompey fans from buying seats outside the Jimmy Seeds Stand. I think the CAFC community will find a way to support you. Any ideas @GlassHalfFull?
    It’s a Portsmouth fan. 
  • Options
    Nice try
  • Options
    I’ll buy them for you if you give me £100 on top & don’t celebrate when Pompey win.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Joaquim, do you have a club membership of any sort. Quoting that should enable you to purchase online.  
  • Options
    25 Sep 2021
    Sat 15:00
    This fixture is on restricted sale.
    Supporters will need to have an account registered with us prior to Monday 20th September 2021 to be able to purchase tickets for this fixture.
  • Options
    Joaquim, if you aren't able to source tickets for The Valley, perhaps you can get an alternative taste of English football, at the amateur level, by going to see Moneyfields FC - this Saturday they are at home to Portchester in a bit of a local derby. At the same time you can take the opportunity to enjoy the delights of the historic navel port of Portsmouth. I would thoroughly recommend HMS Victory and The Mary Rose for the history of Portsmouth, and the Leigh Park estate to understand what makes it tick...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That overseas fans push didn't take long to kick in.
  • Options
    I must admit, the lads English, spelling, grammar and syntax are mightily impressive.
  • Options
    Marc maybe able to assist you directly.

international.addicks@gmail.com

More details here and information;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/368185037712611/?ref=share
    https://twitter.com/int_addicks
    https://instagram.com/internationaladdicks?igshid=1hjuwent43qq
  • Options
    Obviously attracted to our glorious club by such legends as Semedo and Costa!

• Options
    Recommend Nando’s in Greenwich before the game pal 👍🏻 
  • Options
    Nostalgic for the netaddicks days when far flung "Charlton" fans who were only in town the weekend we happened to be playing Man Utd would ask for tickets.
  • Options
    Recommend Nando’s in Greenwich before the game pal 👍🏻 
    Or if he goes with my suggestion, this one is quite close to Moneyfield's ground

https://www.portogrill.co.uk/
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    bobmunro said:
    Play up Portugal, Portugal play up!
    Fook off Portugal, Portugal fook off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ola Joaquim, muito prazer.

It’s great to hear about your excitement about visiting The Valley, but I must ask how on earth you found out about our wonderful club when you have the delights of Benfica, Sporting and Porto to occupy your footballing time? It’s really inspiring that you’d willingly put yourself through this rubbish, when the rest of us are obliged to through birth…..

Presumably you’re already a fully paid up member of the International Addicks scheme given that it is the main goal of your trip, as if so, it’s likely that an email to the club at memberships@cafc.co.uk can help sort you out access to tickets. They may even roll out the red carpet for you to make your day extra special given the long journey you’ve had just to see a match at The Valley!

A couple of small bits of advice - I suggest that you make sure that you don’t accidentally wear a blue shirt in tribute to last season’s excellent third shirt, or speak with the perfect South Coast accent you’ve happened to learn through English lessons
  • Options
    Jorge would just ring Alan.
  • Options
    You can have my season ticket for the season Joaquim, yours for £1
  • Options
    What actually is an eight point quim, @quim08pt
  • Options
    He’s gone very quiet hasn’t he.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    What actually is an eight point quim, @quim08pt
    Quim is actually a fairly common diminutive in Portuguese (as the former Braga, Benfica, and Aves keeper will evidence). PT probably means Portugal.

The guy's English appears to be good in places it shouldn't be for a foreign language speaker, and bad in slightly constructed places. However, we've also got the other style of apostrophe used rather than the one I've just used, which is relatively commonplace in European language keyboards, if I recall correctly. So that's a nice touch, if faking.

My conclusion? This guy is a Portuguese Portsmouth fan. Or a Portsmouth fan whose actual knowledge of Portugal surprises me. But I suspect a Pompey fan might not have chosen a name as conspicuous as "Quim", either... 
  • Options
    Get you in the ground if you wanna play left back? 
  • Options
    And some people are worried about Roddy's use of analytics.

The in depth discussion and analysis about a possible overseas enquiry posted on here (myself included) makes me laugh, cry and love this forum all at the same time.
  • Options
    “Amazing experience”