Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Wycombe Wanderers 2-1 Charlton

thanks to the 32 Lifers who gave marks

Comments

• Options
    6.05 and top marks !
  • Options
    Literally just posted my marks on the thread & so I'm assuming I was too late. What time do you have your "tea" op north ?
  • Options
    Literally just posted my marks on the thread & so I'm assuming I was too late. What time do you have your "tea" op north ?
    Keep up Golfie Lancs and his lass have moved back down sarf 😉.
  • Options
    sorry Golfie, I was bored watching wetspam so had an early cuppa
  • Options
    Think Adkins needs to be advised that Chris Gunter is now more professional mascot for the Welsh football team rather than an actual professional footballer.
  • Options
    Good to see Gunter rightly got the rotten tomato...bet he still plays under Adkins though. Surprised only 32 people gave marks.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    TEL said:
    Good to see Gunter rightly got the rotten tomato...bet he still plays under Adkins though. Surprised only 32 people gave marks.
    He’s clearly one of Adkins go to players, like Pratley was for Bowyer. Not really sure why. However, do feel a bit sorry for Gunter having to take that ill suited shift at left back, he didn’t pick himself there 
  • Options
    Just goes to show that stats really don’t tell you what the game was like . 
    Charlton had 59% possession , 10 corners , 73% pass success compared to Wycombe’s 53% we also won more balls in the air , tackles and dribbles yet it was men against boys and they beat us at a canter and for the most part we were bloody awful. 

• Options
    TEL said:
    He’s clearly one of Adkins go to players, like Pratley was for Bowyer. Not really sure why. However, do feel a bit sorry for Gunter having to take that ill suited shift at left back, he didn’t pick himself there 
    Is he?  Matthews was preferred in 8 of the 9 games Adkins picked the team for last season.  Saturday was only the second time he has picked Gunter ahead of Matthews at right back.  Bowyer picked Gunter to start for all but 2 games, Jackson picked him ahead of Matthews as well.

I think Matthews will start at right back tomorrow.  
  • Options
    Think Gunter will be rested, but still the better of the two for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    He was right back at Wycombe and just as in effective 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I know neither have been that good, but I can't get my head around anyone thinking Gunter is a better right back than Matthews.
    Matthews is average, Gunter is not even that good.
    He's not even doing the basics of marking let alone closing his man down.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I know neither have been that good, but I can't get my head around anyone thinking Gunter is a better right back than Matthews.
    Clearly he was much better than Matthews at one point, seeing that Gunter has 104 caps and Matthews 14, and none since 2018

Or maybe he only plays well for Wales...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Clearly he was much better than Matthews at one point, seeing that Gunter has 104 caps and Matthews 14, and none since 2018

Or maybe he only plays well for Wales...
    I'm purely passing judgement on their Charlton (non) performances.
  • Options
    I  wonder what the lowest score to take MoM is? 6.05 must take some beating.