Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Traffic problems on route to Wycombe today.

Now, I'm not the font of all knowledge so happy if someone with more up to date info to correct me, but......

Google maps is telling me multiple accidents on route to Wycombe & journey time from Swanley (j3 M25) is approx 2 hr 20 mins. Last night it was telling me 1hr 20. 

Just to let you know all you car drivers out there or of I'm wrong & somebody has made an early start and can give an update.

Comments

• Google maps showing the clockwise M25 from approximately Leatherhead, right round to the M40 is solid with traffic. Looks like the M4 is closed and the M40 very bad too. Dartford Crossing doesn't look good either but M25 anticlockwise looks okay at the moment.
  • Google maps showing the clockwise M25 from approximately Leatherhead, right round to the M40 is solid with traffic. Looks like the M4 is closed and the M40 very bad too. Dartford Crossing doesn't look good either but M25 anticlockwise looks okay at the moment.
    Sounds like a standard day in the life of the M25 B)
  • Good luck all left bexley 9am took 2.45hrs
  • if you got to go i would say leave now. I live not far from Swanley and it says 2 hours to get to high wycombe. anticlockwise via letherhead. looks buggered all the way up past heathrow. M40 showing some accidents but no traffic as of yet. 
  • Somewhere onroute there is a Coach Driver screaming in delight going:

"I knew the Larkfield coach was right in leaving early"
    Larkfield Coach has just pulled into Knutsford Services to pick up Steve.
  • I ended up taking a ludicrously indirect route, but made it here, and ending up paying £5 for a charity parking space, surprisingly near the ground, but hopefully not too jammed in afterwards
  • As I started this thread I thought I'd update you all.

We left at midday & went North round the M25. Sat between J2 of the M25 & the Tunnel for 45 mins and then did the journey anticlockwise with no real problems. Once on the M40 my sat nav said to come off at J3 rather than 4. Stupidly I followed its advice & it led me through what seemed to be the main high street. Eventually got to our JustPark address at 2.45. Quick dash to the ground & got in just as the game kicked off. 

As an aside, our JustPark ( a drive in a side road) was a complete piss take. The property owner basically turns her back garden into a car park (advert said parking on her drive) and there wee 3 other cars parked there. I pointed out to my son there could be a problem when we get back as we were blocking everyone in being the last to park. Sure enough, when we got back to the car around 5.20 there was a bloke sitting in his car, with his engine revving, giving us daggers as he had obviously been sitting there a while (not my fault mate.....sorry). 

I left a bad review on JustPark (well, they did text asking for a trust pilot review 🙄) and hopefully the next person booking that "drive" will see it & take note.

• Have you seen Wycombe Life?

Some bloke on their moaning and groaning about an idiotic Charlton fan who blocked him in his parking space and he only just got out before the owner locked up his gates.

He's really unhappy about their transfer policy as well.