Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    First proper look at new features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrb6oAEh2VE
  • Options
    https://www.footballmanager.com/news/major-changes-fm22-touch-and-beyond#desktop

Football Manager 2022 Touch version will not be available on Steam, App Store or Google Play. It will only be available on Nintendo Switch. I’ve played the last few years on my iPad so it’s a bit disappointing it’s not available to buy on Apple although I’m told I can stream the game to my device via Microsoft XCloud streaming service.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    First live stream. Interesting to hear Miles mention one of the new features was something posted on their forums in 2006. Shame he didn't say what it was.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    That's the weekend sorted then :D 
  • Options
    Couldn’t keep hold of Deji, I’m not very good at these games but if you want him around I’d say make sure it’s one of the first things you look at. 

I had nearly the whole championship after him and lost out to Fulham on a contract offer. Sad times. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just downloading this now for the first time in a number of years.  Feeling I might be able to give it the time it requires but don't doubt i'll be fucking around in the "editor" within a week to give Charlton a cash injection
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Been tinkering around on the beta.. the contract situation with Deji is very annoying.. I’m hoping I can keep hold of him! 

Also Harry Arter’s a bastard.. sent off in the first half for two yellow cards.. in the inter-squad friendly!! 
    You can terminate his loan on the 2nd August. £6k can be better spent elsewhere.

Balogun at Arsenal and Harvey White from Spurs on loan.
  • Options
    The 5 year plan is very optimistic from Mr Sandgaard! Wants back to back promotions and to be established in the Prem by year 5 going for Europe.
  • Options
    Just seen that Newcastle have a starting budget of 200 million... that could be fun. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    What’s the starting transfer & wage budgets for CAFC?
  • Options
    Does anyone remember the, I think 94/5 version of Champ Manager (floppy disk days on the Amiga), where a bug in the game meant that Tranmere started with approx 30m rather than 3m?

Absolutely obsessed with it as a child in the mid to late 90’s, but never had the time or desire since really. 

Remember having to buy the Italian version separately in those early days. Great memories.
    Oh yes and 2 players from Cambridge worth £20 mill plus
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    Had a good start!

Great start, what's our budget on it this year? I didn't get around to starting one yet but will either start with Charlton or Newcastle. 
  • Options
    There's only £100k to spend, and £4-5K in the wage budget
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just downloaded and started a game today.
    Good start to the season which is unusual for me. I always seem to lose loads and get sacked quick at Charlton but then go on to do well with other clubs.

But as I say, a good start this time. Unbeaten to the end of August.
    Including beating Millwall in the cup.
    Playing all cup games with a changed XI so actually “Charlton B” beat Millwall in the cup. :wink:

Only signing I’ve made is Balogun on loan from Arsenal. He’s scored 4 in 5 league games.

• Options
    So unrealistic… no way we’d beat Millwall, in the cup to boot!
  • Options
    if I’ve started the Beta will it keep that save or do I need to start from scratch?
    how do I convert the beta version to the full beans version?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I might be wrong but I think you just load up your save as normal, nothing extra required. Plenty of people carry their saves over from the beta to the full game every year.
  • Options
    I might be wrong but I think you just load up your save as normal, nothing extra required. Plenty of people carry their saves over from the beta to the full game every year.
    Yeah that’s right. You’ll get all the improvements and fixes other than database and competition rule changes, as those require a new save.
  • Options
    Looking to get a new laptop mainly to play this on but all the laptops I am looking at have OS windows 10 s mode whihc I have heard does not allow you to play through steam, is this right?
  • Options
    Looking to get a new laptop mainly to play this on but all the laptops I am looking at have OS windows 10 s mode whihc I have heard does not allow you to play through steam, is this right?
    I'm on Windows 10 and it's working fine.  Loads of places now offering free upgrade to Windows 11 anyway