Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who’s our best strike partner for STOCKLEY ?

Summer Transfer window has slammed shut…but who do you think should partner STOCKLEY up front ?

Leko ? Washington ? Lee ? or what formation upfront should we play ? (Post your thoughts) 

Comments

• Options
    Lee just behind him

Lock thread please, this case is solved. 
  • Options
    For for starters…I’d love to see Lee partner him at front - the way he took that goal in the Pizza 🍕 cup (was class) 
  • Options
    Stockley up on his own with Lee just behind him, DJ and Kirk on either wings.
    This.

Leko is understudy to KIRK imo 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Lee just behind him

Matthews, Famewo, Innis, Purrington (Papa)

Arter
    DJ                                                   Kirk
                               Lee
                    Leko
                             Stockley

• Options
    No one is the answer.

If we got the players we got to play to play 442 something has gone seriously wrong somewhere.

That's not to say we won't ever play 442, or some people won't think we are when we aren't. 
  • Options
    I'd really like to see Leko alongside him but in our current formation it would probably have to be Lee
  • Options
    LEKO
  • Options
    Be interesting to see who Adkins goes for against Cheltenham - I have a feeling he would have gone for Washington - however with him on international duty I’m sure he will rest him - so these suggestions are realistic starters 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    shine166 said:
    Lee just behind him

Arter
                               Lee
                    Leko
                             Stockley

Unless Arter is prime Vieira on Kante....... 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    shine166 said:
    Lee just behind him

Arter
                               Lee
                    Leko
                             Stockley

Seen teams like this suggested before but no one plays two wingers wide in a diamond.

Well, I think Dowie did once. Something like JFH at the tip, Rommedahl and Ambrose out wide and might have been Pouso at the base. It didn’t last long.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    bobmunro said:
    shine166 said:
    Lee just behind him

Arter
                               Lee
                    Leko
                             Stockley

Welcome to the board Ossie Ardiles  ;)

• Options
    I imagine we'll play variations of
    4231 - with an attacking midfielder 10 behind Stockley
    433/4213  - with the 3rd midfielder being the attacking one
    4411 - the 2nd striker being more withdrawn

Lee seems the obvious choice unless we go 442
  • Options
    Would like to see Washington up top with Stockley, I think he's criminally underrated but its hard when you also want Lee, Leko and Kirk playing too
  • Options
    Would like to see Washington up top with Stockley, I think he's criminally underrated but its hard when you also want Lee, Leko and Kirk playing too
    Washington wasn't signed to play in this system.  He is unlucky in that regard but unfortunately he is the odd one out.

Every player we have signed since Ronny the Rocket points to 4231/433.  I am not even sure it's just the first team either. 
  • Options
    Starting 11 for sat ? 
  • Options
    Not really something we can answer definitively we'll have to see how we go. Adkins might try 2-3 things to see what works best.

I'd be surprised if we've signed Leko to sit on the bench though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel Albie Morgan will be one who starts on Saturday.
    It would be a decision to debate or to agree or disagree with, but for this Saturday at least, what has Morgan done wrong to be dropped for another who as yet in this team has yet to prove themselves.
  • Options
    Not really something we can answer definitively we'll have to see how we go. Adkins might try 2-3 things to see what works best.

I'd be surprised if we've signed Leko to sit on the bench though.
    We didn't spend money on Kirk and DJ not to play them either

Leko will have to force his way in. It's not as if he's been in great form recently anyway
  • Options
    What? Why has no one mentioned Ronnie??!!!  ;)
  • Options

I like that, although would have Purrington (assuming he's fit) at LB and Lavelle for Innis
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Lee to start with when the game is tight then Leko when things open up and there is some space. Washington's attributes are somewhere between the 2 but i think it will be on a game by game basis and depending on what formation we go with. Against Cheltenham on Saturday i'd like to see Lee start up top / in the hole with Stockley with Kirk and Leko either side - Arter and Dobson probably being the CM's. Jaysemi is a bit too hit and miss for me at the moment. With Pape and Matthews as full backs and Innis and Famewho as CH's, we should be too strong for them and i'd expect plenty of chances to be created.      
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No one is the answer.

If we got the players we got to play to play 442 something has gone seriously wrong somewhere.

That's not to say we won't ever play 442, or some people won't think we are when we aren't. 

All formations are flexible.
    There are still people who don't realise that 3-5-2 and 5-3-2 are one and the same depending on if you have the ball or not; 
    on top or under the cosh. Both systems are there for the wing backs to get forward when possible. 

Stockley needs support in what ever formation we play.  When we are attacking we need bodies in and around the box. The first few games were an embarrassment in the lack of chances created. 14 players to get on the field so let's make sure we are strong over the full 96 minutes, as well as the business end of games.
  • Options
    Has to be Lee buzzing around for me. He's shown he has the ability to open the game up when he's on the ball while also having a good eye for goal.
  • Options

So you're going with Inniss and Famewo on wrong sides with arguably our worst preforming CM so far with Arter.
  • Options
    Might aswell tell him that he has got the names incorrect for Macca, Fame and DJ.
  • Options
    if you are playing two up top then Washington.  Mobile, runs beyond, can pick out a pass and takes the pressure off JS.  We saw v Crewe that it works well.

Leko might also be interesting in a 442 or 352

In a 433 the Lee behind and two wingers wide so perm any three from DJ, Kirk or Leko or even Washington. CBT is also an option especially off the bench.