Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stephen Henderson signs 1 year contract

edited September 2021 in General Charlton
Done deal. 

Comments

• Options
    So who is the better keeper?
  • Options
    That's unexpected... 
  • Options
    Brilliant. Squad is in a great shape now. Mac gets a decent back up pushing him.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Just a coincidence and no need for a defensive meltdown.....we seem in theme of signing players >30 years old who have been at Nottingham Forest within the last 2 years.
    Fortunately Henderson hasn't then...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm a little surprised at that.  I thought they'd leave the goalkeeper slot for an emergency loan.  Can't see us getting in a free agent striker now
  • Options
    Not an overwhelming signing, but still in the past he was decent. Hopefully he can find that form and challenge McWatever, much happier having someone with experience than Harness who needs to go out on loan ideally now. 
  • Options
    Very competent keeper, welcome aboard HMS happy chops. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Just a coincidence and no need for a defensive meltdown.....we seem in theme of signing players >30 years old who have been at Nottingham Forest within the last 2 years.
    No but he is another injury prone player from Palace. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Correct by 6 days! Should have said >3 years.

I'm glad we have him in.
  • Options
    Welcome back Hendo! Good signing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Hendo was badly let down by management last time he was here.  Fronted up to the media when Fraeye was hiding in a laundry basket.  

Delighted to have him back and hopefully with his Charlton Irish badge still in place  ;)
    The laundry basket was the game before, the night Hendo fronted up the 'Mastermind' was sat on the coach
  • Options
    A little surprised what with the Emergency Loan option, but at least we dont overly need to panic now if MacGillivray gets a last minute knock - Also allows Harness to potentially head out to the Conference
    Similar to my thoughts; not sure this was really required. Might have been a better option to keep the wage budget. There are always a surplus of decent emergency loan goalkeepers available from the PL or Championship. 

As FA says would be good if Harness can go out on loan - but actually get game time unlike AMB! 
  • Options
    I'm a little surprised at that.  I thought they'd leave the goalkeeper slot for an emergency loan.  Can't see us getting in a free agent striker now
    Dont see why that was going to happen anyway

Already sounds like we have to leave someone out of the Squad Registration

Goalkeepers on the other hand dont have to be registered
  • Options
    Was it not Henderson who, by around the time he left us, was quite depressed and had begun to question his career in football? 

Must have been awful to be a player under duchatelet, but even more in the period we had fraeye/Luzon/peeters! 

Welcome back Stephen! This is what Charlton really is like, not your previous experience 
  • Options
    No need for strikers when you play 2 goalkeepers. Adkins did say he wanted 25 clean sheets.
  • Options
    Surprised by this - was told initially he was signing and harness going out on loan but then told he was out of shape - maybe still is and was the cheap option - hope not - hope the goalkeeping department knows what it’s doing - we shall see 
  • Options
    He was on trial for quite a while wasn't he? Not sure if that's a good thing or not. 
  • Options
    Good signing on paper.

Not played much first team football in recent seasons.

As that’s two free agents now I assume that’s us done until January.

Hopefully it means one of the young keepers can go out on loan and play (unlike AMB so far).

For the moaners worried they have nothing to moan about how about a conspiracy that we’re signing a lot of players with links to the club to keep the fans happy, but most aren’t actually good enough?