Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Booth (Ed: the player, not the actor!)

The first volume of 'The Valiant 1000' is now nearing completion, but there are still a few players with whom I need help. Tony was a midfielder from Biggin Hill who spent three years with Charlton 1976-79. He made eight first team appearances, all but two from the sub's bench. In 1980 he left for Oxford City and then turned out for Carshalton, Woking, Welling, Bromley, Tonbridge, Gravesend, Cray and Croydon plus possibly others up to at least 1994. I would very much like to speak to him, if any lifers know where he is, or failing that, any dates or info re his time with the many clubs listed , plus any news of what he is doing now. Over to you !!

Comments

• Options
    The first volume of 'The Valiant 1000' is now nearing completion, but there are still a few players with whom I need help. Tony was a midfielder from Biggin Hill who spent three years with Charlton 1976-79. He made eight first team appearances, all but two from the sub's bench. In 1980 he left for Oxford City and then turned out for Carshalton, Woking, Welling, Bromley, Tonbridge, Gravesend, Cray and Croydon plus possibly others up to at least 1994. I would very much like to speak to him, if any lifers know where he is, or failing that, any dates or info re his time with the many clubs listed , plus any news of what he is doing now. Over to you !!
    Really looking forward to this. When do you think it might be on sale? 
  • Options
    Actually he wasn't. You are probably one of the few old enough to remember him. He played six games for Charlton in the 1921-22 season and was a wealthy amateur footballer, who captained the Civil Service side for many years. They were a good team in those far off days and Charles skippered them to a 4-0 win against Real Madrid in 1924. He also played for Spurs. Lots more but you will have to wait for the book.
  • Options
    He was proper shit for us. Take it from me.
  • Options
    I was hoping to get the first volume out for Christmas, but that was a bit optimistic. 2022 for sure. It will be the first of three books telling in great detail the story of all the Charlton players since 1921. Currently there are 933 but it will be up to 1000 by the time it is finished. It is alphabetical and the first 333 in volume1 take us from Pawel Abbott to Charles Harbidge.
    I salute you Sir……what a truly immense project, a worthy successor to Colin Cameron’s great and much admired volume.
    Knowing Colin, I have no doubt he would have been absolutely delighted with your dedication and foresight in seeing the theme/tradition taken forward.
    Congratulations. 👏🏽👍
  • Options
    Did he manage Dartford?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Did he manage Dartford?
    Nah, got as far as Slade Green.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Did he manage Dartford?
    Nah, got as far as Slade Green.
    Bloody loop train.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Did he manage Dartford?
    I think you are muddling him up with Tony Burman
  • Options
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/33942/former-players-their-jobs-today/p4 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Did he manage Dartford?
    I think you are muddling him up with Tony Burman
    yep
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    This book sound great. I will be purchasing.
  • Options
    @CAFCsayer

Can you put @killerjerrylee in touch with Tony
  • Options
    He's turned out a few times for the Vets team I think, so might be worth talking to one of them. I'm pretty sure he also used to work for MSB with my mate many moons ago, but doubt he's still in contact.
  • Options
    @CAFCsayer

Dropped his son a message with a screenshot of the above and asked 
  • Options
    Remember he hung around with Paul Walsh, Paul Lazarus, Adrian Foley etc...played against him when I was at Woodford Town prob 83-84 think he was playing for Tonbridge. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    @CAFCsayer

Dropped his son a message with a screenshot of the above and asked 
    Great news. Thanks CAFCsayer. I will wait to hear from him.