Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

travel to Lincoln

Just looking to book rail tickets to Lincoln and have found out that none of the times shown is guaranteed to run due to covid changes and engineering works dates that have not been confirmed. bloody well putting me off traveling.

Comments

• Great lessons in life Number 1: Do not, under any circumstances, use the train to go to Lincoln.
  • edited September 2021
    Stig said:
    Great lessons in life Number 1: Do not, under any circumstances, use the train to go to Lincoln.
    Currently there is only one early train a day direct to London + return in the evening rush hour, mostly for those who commute to London.
    This will shortly be changing to 5 direct services a day.
    LNER.
    Not sure about weekend services though.
  • Stig said:
    Great lessons in life Number 1: Do not, under any circumstances, use the train to go to Lincoln.
    Currently there is only one early train a day direct to London + return in the evening rush hour, mostly for those who commute to London.
    LNER.
    I know a decent bnb in the area.
  • Surprised there ain't a Charlton Life away day coach travel service. 
  • Sounds like it might be a nice weekend away 
  • Gribbo said:
    Surprised there ain't a Charlton Life away day coach travel service. 
    Is that something you could look into?
  • clb74 said:
    Gribbo said:
    Your mate @Pico could perhaps look into it.
  • msomerton said:
    Just looking to book rail tickets to Lincoln and have found out that none of the times shown is guaranteed to run due to covid changes and engineering works dates that have not been confirmed. bloody well putting me off traveling.

Booking via trainline is not advising of problems.
  • clb74 said:
    Gribbo said:
    I see me mate @Pico Saturday. 
  • clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Gribbo said:
    I see me mate @Pico Saturday. 
    Did he give you your refund for Fleetwood?
  • Sponsored links:

• msomerton said:

The Trainline is not a good way to book any tickets. Start with the National Rail website. That will show the trains and fares. Then try the operator’s site it may be cheaper. 
  • Hopefully going up for a long weekend, just told the Mrs it just happens to coincide with Charlton playing, she is well pleased.
  • msomerton said:

Well they wouldn't, would they?
  • IdleHans said:
    msomerton said:

Well they wouldn't, would they?t

Try Nstionsl Tail enquiries or LNER.
  • Title should read "travel back in time to Lincoln".

I think Shawaddywaddy are still #1 up there.
  • Off_it said:
    Title should read "travel back in time to Lincoln".

I think Shawaddywaddy are still #1 up there.
    A boring biscuit too

• Stig said:
    LNER.
    I had no idea they had any direct trains tbh. I've always had to change at Newark (Mind you I've always been swimming against the tide of commuters). Always had delays too.  
  • edited September 2021
    Yes, it’s been a huge bone of contention for many years but now that Lincoln has a huge university which is still expanding at a rapid rate, it’s been deemed as a necessity. So from only one direct train a day for years, it’s shortly going to be five!
    Having said that, the line between Newark and Lincoln is stil not high speed and takes around 20/25 minutes I believe, though don’t quote me on that.
    There is an alarming shortage of housing because of the student accommodation that’s now required and house building projects and new estates are springing up all over the place.
    The population is growing at a tremendous pace.