Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WINDOWS 10 Update 1st Sept 2021 - WARNING

Hi,

I know there are a few other windows topics but thought this needed a separate discussion as a new warning.

My laptop just did an automatic update WIN10 and ALL my passwords (Microsoft Edge) have disappeared.
this has happened abt 10 mins ago so have yet to check the rest of my system for other changes or fk-ups.
I saw a flash of a blue screen and then saw a quick message which included the word 'legacy' and did'nt have
enough time to read wot it fully read.

Anyone else had this problem and if/how passwords can be recovered ? 

Tx

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

I know there are a few other windows topics but thought this needed a separate discussion as a new warning.

My laptop just did an automatic update WIN10 and ALL my passwords (Microsoft Edge) have disappeared.
    this has happened abt 10 mins ago so have yet to check the rest of my system for other changes or fk-ups.
    I saw a flash of a blue screen and then saw a quick message which included the word 'legacy' and did'nt have

Tx

Click the ... top right, go to settings. Make sure you're signed in and the account is synced.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Hi,

Tx

Click the ... top right, go to settings. Make sure you're signed in and the account is synced.
    Thanks .... I'll give it a try
  • Options
    Nah ! did'nt work/fix. Thanks for your suggestion though ! much appreciated.