Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: PJ TROPHY: Charlton 6-1 Crawley

many thanks to the 30 Lifers who gave marks from a very enjoyable match

Comments

• Options
    Those ratings for Pearce and Roddy should be swapped tbh, you awful bullies
  • Options
    How do you win a game 6-1 and the ref scores more than the team average 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Also, giving Barker the assist for CBT's goal is a massive stretch. The assist came from their midfielder rebounding CBT's attempted pass back to him!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I gave the ref 10 for no other reason than my own amusement. (I hope LL discounted it tbh!)
  • Options
    I am surprised Harness was not rated higher. He made two good saves one of which kept us at one nil up from a point blank shot. 
    his two big errors those low kick out`s from goal that went direct to Crawley players. Also thought Davison should be mom heplayed the whole game and even contributed to defence,
  • Options
    Davison hat trick and not mom?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    It was only two goals, Francomb scored the what would have been the 2nd, an og.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I gave the ref 10 for no other reason than my own amusement. (I hope LL discounted it tbh!)
    even if I think that a mark is "wrong" I would not change it, so your 10 was counted, as for the assist that is my prerogative and that's how I see it, if Barker had not put the initial pass down to CBT there would have not been a goal, the fact that he fell over, lost it, regained and scored is not relevant :smile:
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I tend to agree with you
  • Options
    Great stats as usual.  Great start from Lee - looks promising.  I didn't seee the game but a friend who did said that Burstow - even though only on for a short time - looked like a star in the making!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davison provided two good finishes and a cross for the own goal but a lot of his link play wasn't quite there - he lost the ball quite a lot with his back to goal. He'll improve but our good play was mostly down to our midfield and wingers 
  • Options
    For me Davison was MOM you can argue that his second was not a goal, but it was on target before the player poked it home for us and should have been given as such. It came about directly because of his shot too. 
    Leuth said:
    Davison provided two good finishes and a cross for the own goal but a lot of his link play wasn't quite there - he lost the ball quite a lot with his back to goal. He'll improve but our good play was mostly down to our midfield and wingers 
     It was a shot, not a cross and looked to be on target.

Regarding good play being down to wingers, that is exactly as it should be in a 4-3-3.
  • Options
    Wasn't on target. Think it was deflected twice tbh, both times taking it towards the goal! 
  • Options
    5 shots on target, 6 goals.

I remember Swindon beating us 1-0 at The Valley with no shots on target.
    🙂
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    First time I have ever watched a Cafc match and forgot to put the scores on the doors. (Charlton TV)
    CBT, Lee and Davidson all 8's Dobson only really made one poor pass and 7.5 for his non stop industry.

Roddy for an 18 year old did ok when in advanced positions. He makes safe passes, other than trying to go pass people but so far in the Wimbledon and last night match I believe 5 crosses have come in from his side even when he is close to the forward.
    I would love to know the opinion from Jason and JJ on Jacob and if they feel he can improve ?

With Pearce the 90+ minutes summed up his career at Cafc, played some good passes and helped the players around him But he also did two fouls, on the edge of the box and in the box which resulted in the free kick hitting the crossbar and a penalty.

Barker played well for most of the game but had 10 seconds of two poor decisions which would have resulted in a point disappearing for his players marks.

Clayden is the one who needs a loan to a League 2 or National League club for experience. At 20 I'm not sure about him but he give 100% and nearly scored on a couple of occasions. Room for improvement.

Enjoyed seeing players who had been written off after a few games show promise even if it was against a weak League 2 club.

Deji Elerewe and  Burstow are the young talents and I hope we get to see them play many games for Cafc and not see them leave before they are 21.

• Options
    Davison fast improving and took goals well especially second where he showed quick feet and scored with his left. Yes his play with his back to the goal was not great at times but he is learning. Seems to have been written off by a lot on here but I like him. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Davison fast improving and took goals well especially second where he showed quick feet and scored with his left. Yes his play with his back to the goal was not great at times but he is learning. Seems to have been written off by a lot on here but I like him. 
    Which is why I don't think he's up to being a Stockley substitute, but might  be better alongside a target man striker, as he seems quite mobile. Which is how Forest Green played him last season
  • Options
    Only saw part of the game.

Would Roddy have got such a low score if we weren’t aware of his link to Ged?

Good to see Davison, CBT and Dobson played well, three players many aren’t convinced by.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Scoham said:

Good to see Davison, CBT and Dobson played well, three players many aren’t convinced by.

Good question.
    Jacob did some decent link play But the big minus for me is I'm yet to see him win tackles which should be mandatory for a defender at times. No problem jockeying around the box or just in the area but the cross always comes in and young Roddy doesn't seem to get a block either. He is young and may improve to the required standard.

The problem with not getting another LB may be Gunter's wages and despite not being a LB and so far I believe he has done one decent cross in 5 matches they will take a chance until Purrs comes back (wrong decision for me).

Plus Roddy is not ready for the step up at this time because until Jacob improves his blocking and tackling that was a 6 or 5.5 performance, who ever is the daddy.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I stayed up last night and watched the whole game. To be fair I don't think either of our two young fullbacks played very well but out of the two, young Jacob, although very athletic, didn't do very much. Barker wasn't a lot better but did put some tackles in but was a bit let down with his passing.

I really want to see our youngsters do well regardless of parentage, Deji did very well, made Pearce look what he is....out of touch and out of form. Dempsey had a few nice touches in his cameo and Clayden had a really good night albeit he drifted in and out.

Davison brings a lot of presence up front...he didn't get bullied at all. Was strong and quick....deceptively so. Took his goals really well and he could on that showing have a very good future. I can see from that game why they think highly of him

The other plus for me was Dobson and Clare played well....and I didn't really rate either of them

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting you mention Roddy’s athleticism, I think it was Avory who said similar when he signed. If that’s his strength then they’re probably seeing there’s something to work with. Given who his dad is if he’s thrown into first team league games he really needs to be ready to impress.

I have feeling Davison will surprise us and have a decent season. I’ve only watched the goals but I like the way he created the second (not the OG) for himself. Many players would take another option, but he remained composed and got himself in a shooting position. Also looks comfortable using both feet, he scored both with his left and created the own goal with his right.

Not surprising Clayden drifted in and out, now we have four wingers ahead of him it may be time for him to go out on loan to the NL as Wassim has.

I have the same impression of Clare and Dobson, I see them both being squad players assuming others stay fit and make enough of an impact. Would be happy to be proven wrong though.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Didn't stop many crosses, but worked hard and was deserving of a higher average. 
  • Options
    Imagine getting a 5.77 despite your team winning 6-1!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Imagine getting a 5.77 despite your team winning 6-1!
    And the 1 wasn't even your fault. It was the most experienced player on the field.