Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PC Help

So, Ive got into work this morning and my PC is displaying everything upside down, which is making is rather difficult to work.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

Comments

• Options
    Turning it off then on again, that's the Standard IT helpdesk response to everything is it not ?
  • Options
    someones messed about with your monitor and turned it upside down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Turning it off then on again, that's the Standard IT helpdesk response to everything is it not ?

usually works tho.
  • Options
    Didn't work, tried a new monitor, it seems windows is screwing around as before Windows boots everything is fine.

Learning to read upsidedown is fun though!
  • Options
    turn your monitor the other way up.

Easy.
  • Options
    or turn your desk upside down?
  • Options
    or work doing a headstand all day?
  • Options
    stuwy9.png
  • Options
    GFX card is screwed, working on a lower resolution fixes the problem, so haveing everything huge is much better than working on my head all day! (Can't be messing up my hair y'know).
  • Options
    I knew it, but didn't want to tell....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You may have a graphics card that supports those monitors that can pivot - generally used to turn the screen 90 degrees so that you can see a whole document on your screen.

Right click on your desktop, select "properties" and choose the "settings" tab. If not there, click on the "advanced" button and have a look around.

Haven't got one to hand to remind me, but a lot of these graphics cards have interfaces to control accessible via your task bar (look for an icon and hover the cursor over it to see what it does) or via the control panel (Start > Control Panel or Start > Settings > Control Panel.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]GFX card is screwed, working on a lower resolution fixes the problem, so haveing everything huge is much better than working on my head all day! (Can't be messing up my hair y'know).

Go into the control panel and select "system" (click on the "switch to classic view" link if you can't see this) click on the hardware tab and then press the "device manager" button. From the list, expand "Display Adapters" right click on your graphics card and select "update drivers". Go through the motions and it should at least re-install the driver which may help.