Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paralympics 2020 - Tokyo

Just catching up with the opening ceremony.

Wow. Whoever came up with this was on some very heavy duty acid. Quite enjoying its utter bonkersness though.

What are we looking forward to then? Ellie Simmons in the pool and Jonnie Peacock/Hannah Cockroft on the track will be the main attractions again but Sarah Storey still being competitive in her 8th games is just awe inspiring. 

Comments

• ...oh and the mixed gender/category relays sound great viewing too. 
  • How affected has this been by Covid? I presume some athletes are deemed high risk?
  • Sarah Storey smashed her own world record to win her 15th gold overnight...at the age of 43. Incredible.
  • The girl with CP on the last leg who reports from Tokyo is jokes. 
  • What a performance from our wheelchair rugby team yesterday. And what an entertaining watch the game is.
    Rosie Jones? Terrible presenter and an even worse comedian.
    Yeah I don’t find her funny in the slightest and now she is presenting as well ! 
  • What a performance from our wheelchair rugby team yesterday. And what an entertaining watch the game is.
    That was brilliant yesterday. 

Missed the start , and it says mixed rugby but I didn’t see our girl play at all. 

• Brilliant basketball game a bit earlier which our Brit team won by a point vs Australia to come top of group B. 
  • Emotional interview by our swimmer Ellie who just missed out on bronze. Inspiring. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted for Jonnie Peacock. To run that fast and not get the gold shows how much the sport has developed. Lovely bloke as well and recommended checking out his Blade Camp programme of you've not seen it. 
  • Saw the race but not much afterwards. 

How was his time compared to London/Rio 
  • edited August 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Saw the race but not much afterwards. 

How was his time compared to London/Rio 
    Faster than when he won both his previous Paralympic golds. Can't ask for more than that really. 
  • Final table.  Amazing really, competing with the big boys and way ahead of comparable European countries.

• MrOneLung said:
    The girl with CP on the last leg who reports from Tokyo is jokes. 
    Yeah I don’t find her funny in the slightest and now she is presenting as well ! 
    I find her and Tim Renkow funny - good to see disabled comedians get a chance. Imagine all the prejudice they must have endured!