Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it just a slow start ?

What's happening down there at the Valley? 
I had you guys to be up at the top, is it just a slow start or is it Nigel Adkins ? I know from his time across the City he was awful for them but its only 4 games in so time yet.

Along with Ipswich I think you will both be in the top 6 come Christmas.

Comments

• Options
    we’ve not signed enough players, are short in some key areas, and look like we have a really weak and uncreative midfield. 

Welcome back, hope you are well. What’s the situation with your ownership: off field stuff now?
  • Options
    We are awful, we’ve lost 4 on the bounce and only taken a point off of you….can we play you every week 
  • Options
    I bloody hope so... Others have made similar slow starts in the past and have recovered

We dont have the bodies though and desperately need a bit of quality in before the Window closes (Although every day that passes it looks increasingly unlikely). If Clare is out with an achilles injury as rumoured then straight away we're in a bit of an injury crisis as he joins four others we're waiting to return!!
  • Options
    @AFKABartram good to hear from you.

Situation with the ownership is the same Chansiri is still in charge and is trying to win the fans over by lowering ticket prices and doing other positive things, we are in this league due to his dealings and fans need to remember that, but just because we've started well some fans seem to forget easily, call it fickle call it success starvation.
    Me personally, I've made my own stance and will stick with it, it's all about money with football and as soon as you're out of the PL you see it ...look at our City neighbours and Huddersfleld.

Hopefully we will only be here in this league for a season but with our club anything can happen trust me.
  • Options
    Slow start? I would call this in reverse. 
  • Options
    I bloody hope so... Others have made similar slow starts in the past and have recovered

We dont have the bodies though and desperately need a bit of quality in before the Window closes (Although every day that passes it looks increasingly unlikely). If Clare is out with an achilles injury as rumoured then straight away we're in a bit of an injury crisis as he joins four others we're waiting to return!!
    Interesting re Clare, we had him here and looked a promising youngster but was injured quite often iirc, but he got Billy big bollocks and wouldn't sign a contract he was offered so we released him, he thought he would get a big move but ended up going to Hearts enjoying them getting relegated!

Has since had spells with a few small clubs before joining you guys ....how do you rate him in his first few games? 
  • Options

Interesting re Clare, we had him here and looked a promising youngster but was injured quite often iirc, but he got Billy big bollocks and wouldn't sign a contract he was offered so we released him, he thought he would get a big move but ended up going to Hearts enjoying them getting relegated!

Has since had spells with a few small clubs before joining you guys ....how do you rate him in his first few games? 
    Pretty anonymous. 
    Need better than him if we are going to challenge. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Serious lacking pace in all key positions. Transitions are to slow, as we don’t have the pace or quality too hurts sides. It’s fixable but depends whether the ambition is there to do it.
  • Options
    No. 
    We are shit. 
  • Options

you released fuck all, he turned you down
  • Options

Excellent….I bet you are gutted that you have bannan and we have Clare 
    Clare isn’t earning £20k+ a week though. Obscene amount of money for a player in league one. 
  • Options
    Tbf - I recall Sheffield United starting terribly under Wilder then going on to win the league.

I don't think we'll do that because we don't have the players, but I don't think we need to panic; especially with the window still open.
  • Options

you released fuck all, he turned you down
    If Wednesday wanted him he would've been offered a decent contract - we offered what we thought was okay, he thought he was better and off he went to Hearts to enjoy a Scottish relegation....I'll be monitoring his progress though just out of interest 😉 
  • Options
    A slow start would be us:

-having a lot of possession.
    -lots of shots on target.
    -hitting the crossbar a few times.
    -perhaps not getting the rub of green with the officials.
    -the other team scoring lucky flukey deflected goals.
    -generally looking the better team whilst unfortunately not getting the results. 

None of that has happened.  Not even 1 of the above, so my conclusion is that we are crap.
    That's way too sensible 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have no team, worthy of that term. If we get top half this season, I will be amazed. 

We will end up in a relegation scrap. 

• Options
    Players are trying but unfortunately they are a limited bunch, without investment this is going to be a long long season.