Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton v Wigan — 21/8/2021

Comments

• Has just scored for Cambridge 

• 53' Close! Lovely football from Charlton as Dobson breaks free in midfield and supplies Jaiyesimi who carves out a shot from the edge of the box which is just over. #cafc 0 #wafc 0
    1. 54'

Post update

Foul by Callum Lang (Wigan Athletic).

2. 54'

Post update

Akin Famewo (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• This is the first game I have followed on twitter for ages.  Its amazing how mendez, Cawley and the OS make it all sound so different to each other. 
    1. 56'

Post update

Jordan Cousins (Wigan Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

2. 56'

Post update

Foul by Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic).

• 57' Booking for Jaiyesimi after a foul on former Addick Jordan Cousins. #cafc 0 #wafc 0
  • MK equalise at Ipswich
  • Kirk….close.
  • Close!

Good work by Stockers on the by-line, surrounded by three defenders but still managed to pull back an enterprising pass to Kirk who put it just past the far post.
  • Sponsored links:

• This sounds much better, is it? 
  • Brilliant from Stockley. Kirk has to do better. At least he’s there. 
  • What I cannot understand is, many people said Cousins was not good enough to play for us, but in starting eleven for a team that is one of favourites to win the league
  • How is that not a penalty for the shirt pull on stockley???
  • edited August 2021
    We are getting into this now.
    1. 58'

Post update

Attempt missed. Charlie Wyke (Wigan Athletic) header from the centre of the box following a set piece situation.

2. 56'

Post update

Jordan Cousins (Wigan Athletic) wins a free kick on the left wing.

• Much more even in the 2nd half.
    COYR.

• ross1 said:
    What I cannot understand is, many people said Cousins was not good enough to play for us, but in starting eleven for a team that is one of favourites to win the league
    I can understand it, they were wrong.  If they are still wrong in September is a different matter. 
  • Difficult one for Kirk but he'll be disappointed with that
  • Cracking catch by Amos - that was a proper 'keeper's claim, diving full stretch to take that cross off Jayden's head.
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on Charlton

• 59' Close again! Stockley holds up well in the box (while his shirt is being pulled off his back!) and lays off Kirk who glances narrowly wide of the left upright. #cafc 0 #wafc 0

• 61' Penalty shout!! Max Power's low cross certainly blocked by something, he and the travelling Latics fans saying it was a hand, but the referee didn't budge! (0-0)
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    This sounds much better, is it? 

Much better this half for sure.
  • It’s starting to resemble a decent game of football. Possibly the first time this season. 
  • cs1986 said:
    How is that not a penalty for the shirt pull on stockley???
    Shirt pull? He almost undressed him. I don’t know why that wasn’t seen. 
  • Starting to go end to end. Both teams going for it now.
  • Good touch too
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!