Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    I hope he does well. Will be interesting to watch his progress. From the clips seems direct and has good pace. Might give us a different dynamic, even if only at the end of the game.
  • Options
    I guess it’s not easy to decide when a deal gets signed and hopefully more in the LB, CAM and striker positions will arrive v soon. 

Fast, direct, can score a goal but needed an occasional rocket sometimes to keep motivated, I’m going to optimistically go for 6 goals for the lad this season, 10 assists and a 3 year contract most coming off the bench.
  • Options
    So no we just need a back up to Stockley, a number 10, a CM, LB CB and keeper.
  • Options
    Not sure what calibre of player people are expecting at the moment tbh. This is the level, with the odd surprise loan thrown ain't it?   

You never know, all his stars might align and he could be dynamite...
  • Options
    Never expected us to sign another good winger after Kirk so if he turns out alright it’ll be a bonus. Looking forward to seeing him play anyway. 

All of these are still an absolute must. Kills me that we’re playing yet another game without a left back tomorrow. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    paulfox said:
    My whelm has not been remotely risen from it’s slumber by this but there’s no harm in a cheap try before you buy punt with some lose change.  However if this is the sum of our business then we’ve got problems.  Let’s see. In the meantime, welcome and good luck to the boy. He may prove to be a bargain. 
    Jerome Thomas was only £100,000. I had never heard of him, and he turned out ok 😉
    That’s how much I’d have earned if I’d got a pound for every time he fell over, instead of taking his man on!!
    I wasn’t a fan of Thomas at all (something just didn’t sit right with me)  but if we get the same productivity our of this boy, that we did Thomas then we will have done ok. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    My whelm has not been remotely risen from it’s slumber by this but there’s no harm in a cheap try before you buy punt with some lose change.  However if this is the sum of our business then we’ve got problems.  Let’s see. In the meantime, welcome and good luck to the boy. He may prove to be a bargain. 
    Jerome Thomas was only £100,000. I had never heard of him, and he turned out ok 😉
    That’s how much I’d have earned if I’d got a pound for every time he fell over, instead of taking his man on!!
    I wasn’t a fan of Thomas at all (something just didn’t sit right with me)  but if we get the same productivity of of this boy, that we did Thomas then we will have done ok. 
    To be fair when he decided to stay on his feet and take on the fullback and cross, he was very good at it. But then he’d turn up and just want to fall over and earn free kicks until the ref. Stopped giving them!!.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looks comfortable crossing his arms. In my experience that usually translates to being comfortable crossing footballs.

Pleasing to see.
    Yeah, but what you don't know is that it took him eight goes to get that right and he fell over three times perfecting it.

That picture is effectively his "showreel".
  • Options
    edited August 2021
  • Options
    Ain't Corey Taylor out of Slipnot and Stonesour?
  • Options
    I wish him every success. He’ll no doubt have a brilliant four months and then sign for Ipswich.
  • Options
    These 1 in 18 goal scoring midfielders are not easy to find. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome on board Corey.

We are badly missing pace all over the pitch so to have an outlet to run behind the defence if Stockley comes short could  be very effective. 
  • Options

Looks comfortable crossing his arms. In my experience that usually translates to being comfortable crossing footballs.

Pleasing to see.
    We didn’t actually see him cross them. Someone might have assisted with said arm cross…
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    You can bet your life if Wigan had signed him some would've used that as further evidence of other clubs snapping up players while we do nothing.

We sign him instead and those same people will instantly label him "shit".
    Exactly this. If Wigan had signed him they would have been harping on with that's the sort of player with potential that we should be signing! Now he is shite. Low risk and potentially high reward signing imo.
    Just have to accept that whoever we sign some people will be moaning because that is what makes them happy.
    You wait tomorrow if Kirk doesnt set the world alight it will be " now we know why we managed to sign him, he is shite and nobody else wanted him " 
  • Options

Correct Canters, another winger didn't appear to the most important position but he may be mustard. We have 3 guys who can play on the wing; 4 if you include Clayden who had a decent pre season but didn't play well against Wimbledon.

CBT reminds me of Cognitive behaviour Therapy; It worked for me !

Can I be the first to say ???

Corey-B-Taylor baby.  He's growing on me already.  

• Options
    Let's hope big Corey has got some balls and dont mind putting it about a bit. Best of luck sir.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m liking the Tranmere fans on Twitter: 

Those comments encourage you? Sounds like an absolute nightmare! 

This is fine as a squad option, provided there are more senior/established signings to come. If this is it for the window, or anywhere close to it, then we’re in trouble. 
    If he had the perfect attitude he probably would have signed for Ipswich by now. But some of the attitude issues were more to do with his manager apparently. 
    All I know is I won’t judge him until I’ve seen him play a few games, although I suspect he’ll get the occasional 10 or 20 minutes off the bench. 
    From someone who knows:

If he didn't have issues he would still be at Villa.  He isn't as talented, the problems aren't the same, as Ravel Morrison but there are comparisons to be made.

Good luck to the lad, nothing centered nothing gained.