Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    IR94 said:
    any reason why he was realesed from a l2 club?
    Yes.
    He's shite 
    So tell us why you thought he was shit when you watched him play ? 
    One way of looking at it is people (including me) are suggesting it isn’t the level of signing we need due to the fact he was released relatively willingly (by the looks) by a league 2 club. Lots of variables but there is at least an element of reason and logic behind the guess (which is all anyone is doing at the moment).

Those saying this looks a good / potentially good signing are basing it on a couple of tweets / 5 seconds on YouTube. Once again lots of variables but that is the only element of reason and logic they can have (unless they are a closet Tranmere fan).

Nobody is saying they won’t get behind the player but everyone has got a reason behind a deduction.

For me personally I would still ask what logic / proof is leading someone to the assumption he could be an impactful player at the top of league one? Whether you agree or not there is a pretty cast iron fact behind people being underwhelmed - the fact is he was a released league 2 player who isn’t that young anymore and like it or not that’s probably one of the least appealing players we have bought on for a while on paper.
    I don't think that's something we need worry about
  • Options
    I wonder if he knows he was 3rd in line after Solomon-Otabor and Madger Gomes.

From the clips posted he looks pacey but fans of Tranmere don't seem to rate him so I guess we'll just have see him in action. 

20 odd games to prove himself. Good luck son. 

• Options
    Is the type of end of transfer  window signing that
    That is going to get us promoted.
    A real top notch bargain not.
  • Options
    I get what you’re saying @Sage but come on, Yann played at a much higher level. This feels a bit desperate. If we sign some top end League 1 players in the closing days then great. Perhaps we’re waiting on clubs like Accrington (Charles) and Lowery (Crewe) to accept low ball deals. But whatever way you cut it, this guy should be on the fringes of the squad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’s direct, he’s strong and he’s got pace to burn. Think he could be devastating off the bench against tired legs.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I don't think anyone would argue that signing a strong winger for 1-2 years would be better. But this signing reflects the reality of our budget. I hope he does well. 

Also, Jerome Thomas was brilliant for us. 
  • Options
    Doubt anyone had heard of him a couple of weeks ago, but good luck to the kid.

I see it as basically a 4-5 month paid trial. If he does well he'll either get himself a longer deal or he'll be gone as a bigger club will have seen him. I hope included in the deal we've covered ourselves so we have the option to extend it, so he can't stroll off to a championship club (or Ipswich) for more money in January if he does well.

If he doesn't do well, he'll be gone so nothing really to lose from our side.
  • Options
    Some of the comments on this thread give full credence to why some posters are getting fed up with the forum in general. A lot of talking loud and bullshit.

I’ve never seen the lad play, have only hearsay on his attitude. I’m not going to piss and moan nor believe that he’s going to set the world alight. What I’m going to do is watch him play and then offer up an opinion on what I think. It’s what any rational supporter would or should do.

Until then, welcome Corey, you’re one of us for however long that lasts and I wish you all the best.
    Good Lord. Certain heads will explode at this rationality.
  • Options
    Marquee signing at long last! 

But seriously, I wish him all the very best. It may be a blessing having a short contract. He can really prove himself, not huge expectation or pressure on him. Good luck whoever you are. 
  • Options
    I wonder how long before we are clamouring for Bogle's return! It certainly seems, by our recent forays in the transfer market, we are planning for division 2! 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Seems some Tranmere fans rate his stay there. A tricky time with the last manager, I'm sure we have all experienced that during our own careers in one way or another. I think the club are speculating a little, they see his ability and he has performed during the trial and has a level of affinity with the group. He mentioned the Valley pitch and perhaps sees a 'larger" club as the motivation he needs, and has shown a willingness to pay his way to get a chance

I won't begrudge him that chance, and I really hope he flourishes here. We have not much to lose but a good player to win.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Sounds like we have a real player on our hands if we can get past the attitude. 
    Basing that on what Tranmere fans have said about him.
    We didn’t manage to turn Maddison around but it seems he had other problems.
    Short term deal is the way to go with this guy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if he knows he was 3rd in line after Solomon-Otabor and Madger Gomes.

From the clips posted he looks pacey but fans of Tranmere don't seem to rate him so I guess we'll just have see him in action. 

20 odd games to prove himself. Good luck son. 

What happened with Madger Gomes? Seemed like that one was on the cards for much of pre season.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Having slept on it I think the best way of summing up this deal for me is what else happens between now and Sept.

If we get in 5 top league one players of the type we expected back in May and all agree we desperately need (Kirk is a good example of how that is defined…. Or Cullen / Bielik standard loans) then CBT would actually probably fit the fringe player expectation ok. Not expected to really play and as people have said almost like a stretched out trial.

Maybe it’s the order things have been completed - so for now I will wait two weeks and see if we do the business we should be doing. Because if we do the demands and reliance on CBT will be reduced and he instantly turns into an interesting project that can go either way.

My issue at the moment is we need a hell of a lot more than gambles so hopefully come Sept the squad will be strong enough that we can afford to make a couple.
  • Options
    Supposedly some compensation was/is due to Tranmere, presumably as he's under 24.

I wonder how much the short contract reduces that EG "his value is low as we've only given him four months so here's two bob, Tranmere".

Are we gaming the system or is that fee still payable regardless or will be when he signs a longer deal.

On paper not a deal to get excited about so I can understand some fans scepticism (others are professionally negative) but "bad attitude" doesn't include coming on trial at your own expense or taking a four month deal IMHO.

We'll just have to see how it works out but it is another body and not a loan so clearly we're not just relying on loans. They will come at the end.

As it stands this has been a C+ of a transfer window, in my view, too little and too late, but the times to finally judge the window are when it closes and, ultimately, when the season ends.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Awful.
    Then go and support Millwall you idiot . You’ve never seen him play
    Because I'm not excited about a Tranmere reject? Clown.
    surely you understand the difference between a squad signing and a ‘exciting’ signing. The guys back up, if you got nothing positive to say, maybe say nish. 
    I think this links to my post - at the moment he is pretty close to impacting our starting eleven (ie it’s not like he has tonnes of options ahead of him). The business we do between now and Sept will start to define just how much he is expected to influence the starting eleven.

At the moment DJ gets injured and he could be in.

But yes I would hope this is definitely someone not being relied upon to get much game time.
  • Options
    Supposedly some compensation was/is due to Tranmere, presumably as he's under 24.

I wonder how much the short contract reduces that EG "his value is low as we've only given him four months so here's two bob, Tranmere".

Are we gaming the system or is that fee still payable regardless or will be when he signs a longer deal.

On paper not a deal to get excited about so I can understand some fans scepticism (others are professionally negative) but "bad attitude" doesn't include coming on trial at your own expense or taking a four month deal IMHO.

We'll just have to see how it works out but it is another body and not a loan so clearly we're not just relying on loans. They will come at the end.

As it stands this has been a C+ of a transfer window, in my view, too little and too late, but the times to finally judge the window are when it closes and, ultimately, when the season ends.
    Did Tranmere offer him a contract? 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    I really don't know what, or whom, people expect us to be signing;

1. We are a league 1 club
    2. We have, it would seem, a lot lower budget than many others in league 1
    3. We are London/SE, so the cost of living means like for like players will financially want more to come here than say a Wigan or an Ipswich etc.

If we are after a sh1t hot league one player then you can bet your bottom dollar many other clubs are also, and on the basis above we will lose out 9 times out of 10.

Our best bet right now is loans of the Cullen/Bielik ilk as we simply won't be buying top league 1 players 9 times out of 10.
    Some.  Our wage bill is massive, compared to 75% of the division. 
    is it? What about budget to bring in players/pay salaries taking into account the London premium?
    Didn’t we offload Pratley and Shinnie to bring down the wage bill?
  • Options
    Of course all new signings should be given a chance, but I really don't agree with the "unless you've seen him play several games you can't express an opinion about how good a signing is" attitude amongst some people here. Or the "we should be happy with any signing that NA and SG make" attitude.

It is entirely reasonable to form an opinion based on his career record, his patchy history at Tranmere and the comments by the Tranmere fans. Or why he was available all summer, and not snapped up 2 months ago. The history of football is littered with managers who sign talented but lazy or stupid or "problematic" players, hoping they can be the one who can turn things around. Occasionally it works, most times it doesn't, and by giving him just a 5 month contract, clearly the club are unsure as well. 

I hope he does well, and that he can knuckle down and make the most of his ability, but I'm unsure whether it will happen.

Fair to form a suspicion. Tranmere fans were very positive about him on Twitter, while pointing out attitude issues. Maybe we can deal with those. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Firstly, have no knowledge about him at all other than he looks extremely quick which is something we lack and coming on against tiring defenders and stretching the game can only be a good thing.

Secondly, it’s a low risk-high reward deal. If he’s doing well we can extend it before January and have him until the end of the season. If it hasn’t worked out, we move on and thank him for giving it a go.

He seems to want to make this work. You don’t go out your way to an area you don’t know, paying for yourself effectively train with the club in the hope you impress enough to earn a contract. Give him a break. He might realise that he needs to get his next move right for his career. Get this move wrong and he is no longer a kid that has potential, he’d be a player who had potential when younger but is one of many who fade away, it’s a big thing for him.

No one knows how he’ll do. We all hope he does well and we all hope that he’s the first of many coming through the door before the window shuts.

Some of the comments on this thread have been ridiculous. I would like to point people towards to thread when Kermorgant signed and the reaction in there. Not saying he will ever get to that level, not at all, he simply won’t. Maybe we have missed out on our main targets and right now he’s what we can get in and hope he does well, but let’s give him a chance, it might just work out.
    If it does well they (CAFC) may reimburse his expenses.
  • Options
    From a Tranmere mate………..

Charlton just signed a winger we let go.

Very good at times but has a poor temperament & has more bad games than good.

See if Adkins can get anything out of him.

Corey Blacket-Taylor.