Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    TelMc32 said:
    From the look of those clips, he takes a better corner than Morgan, so that’s a positive.

The state of this forum at the moment is really depressing.  Loads of wannabe Tommy Dreisens giving us their considered opinions. What a time to be alive.
    What you trying to say, Tel? ;)
  • Options
    Good point, people seem to pass their own opinions off as facts now, too many people don’t know how to be humble and considerate; too much narcissism.
  • Options
    From there:

Hopefully for the lad he realizes he at last chance salon and pulls his finger out, might have been a bit of a wake up call for him.

Sounds like he goes to my barbers?
  • Options
    Sounds like they cant believe he has got a league 1 gig with one of the divisions big clubs.
  • Options
    I was watching the Sky Sports PL preview with Neville and Keane, and they were talking about how some players just click at a club. They’ll go somewhere else and it doesn’t work. It’s all about the right fit for the player, and there are multiple factors involved. Christ, we’ve seen that enough at Charlton, usually in reverse. Just always best to reserve judgement until you see what they can do in our shirt. He’s cover, he’s deemed a better option than what we have (don’t rush the kids!!!), so how about holding on and see what he can do?

Lets hope whatever money we have left goes on a good left back and centre midfielder. That’s where I’ll be judging the business at the moment.
    Think the same happens with managers.   Lots of luck, timing and chemistry involved.  

• Options
    edited August 2021
    AndyG said:
    Off_it said:
    You can bet your life if Wigan had signed him some would've used that as further evidence of other clubs snapping up players while we do nothing.

We sign him instead and those same people will instantly label him "shit".
    Exactly this. If Wigan had signed him they would have been harping on with that's the sort of player with potential that we should be signing! Now he is shite. Low risk and potentially high reward signing imo.
    Just have to accept that whoever we sign some people will be moaning because that is what makes them happy.
    You wait tomorrow if Kirk doesnt set the world alight it will be " now we know why we managed to sign him, he is shite and nobody else wanted him " 
    Totally agree, we could sign Messi and Ronaldo and people will saying too old and lightweight for the rigours of League 1 football!
    Some people are just negative all the time, others just like to moan, fucking incredible!
  • Options
    LET’S THROW A PARTY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Sounds like they cant believe he has got a league 1 gig with one of the divisions big clubs.
    Then you’ve got Wigan fans who can’t believe they didn't offer him a contract after his trial up their way. Football is all about opinions. Let’s form our own after we see him play a bit.
  • Options
    Then you’ve got Wigan fans who can’t believe they did offer him a contract after his trial up their way. Football is all about opinions. Let’s form our own after we see him play a bit.
    Na hes already shit as decided on people on here....
  • Options
    I really don't know what, or whom, people expect us to be signing;

1. We are a league 1 club
    2. We have, it would seem, a lot lower budget than many others in league 1
    3. We are London/SE, so the cost of living means like for like players will financially want more to come here than say a Wigan or an Ipswich etc.

If we are after a sh1t hot league one player then you can bet your bottom dollar many other clubs are also, and on the basis above we will lose out 9 times out of 10.

Our best bet right now is loans of the Cullen/Bielik ilk as we simply won't be buying top league 1 players 9 times out of 10.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    From the look of those clips, he takes a better corner than Morgan, so that’s a positive.

The state of this forum at the moment is really depressing.  Loads of wannabe Tommy Dreisens giving us their considered opinions. What a time to be alive.
    Opinions on a football forum. Whoda thunk it.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Rob7Lee said:

3. We are London/SE, so the cost of living means like for like players will financially want more to come here than say a Wigan or an Ipswich etc.

If we are after a sh1t hot league one player then you can bet your bottom dollar many other clubs are also, and on the basis above we will lose out 9 times out of 10.

Our best bet right now is loans of the Cullen/Bielik ilk as we simply won't be buying top league 1 players 9 times out of 10.
    Some.  Our wage bill is massive, compared to 75% of the division. 
  • Options
    First impression is a poor signing, I'll reserve my full opinion until he has played 
  • Options
    PWR
    Don’t know if I read it here or somewhere else whilst guffing about on the internet but I think Orient were in for him , so there’s a statement right there of our intent , heady times these (20th in the cucking funting third tier ffs) 
  • Options
    I’ve certainly been underwhelmed by his signing mainly because of this “attitude” tag the lad has despite some undoubted talent. That never seems to work out well. I find it hard to believe that at 23 it’s always someone else’s fault that he hasn’t achieved his potential. That to me is a red flag but I guess that’s why he’s available to us and is worth the punt. Having said why I’m underwhelmed I do see that the lad has pace and ability and I of course want him to succeed. He’s also quite a unit for someone with a lot of pace. Welcome Corey. Prove me to be the no nothing I am. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rob7Lee said:

is it? What about budget to bring in players/pay salaries taking into account the London premium?
  • Options
    Welcome Corey. I’d never heard of you a week ago but you’re an Addick now so best of luck! 

These left field, “never heard of him” signings often do better for us than better known players who join us. Hopefully this is one of those cases. Presumably the club have seen something they like for us to sign him. 
    Low wage demands
  • Options
    Contract until January is very sensible imo, for several reasons.

One, it gives him a huge push to perform immediately so we'll hopefully see 100% effort from him.

It also helps us to decide whether he's League 1 ready. 

And despite the worries I've seen from other fans, I actually believe a contract until January puts us in a much better position than giving him until the summer. How likely is he to light the league up in just 4 months and then move to a bigger team? It's also in the middle of the season so he'd want to get his next contract sorted ASAP, so if we offered him one, we're likely to get his signature. And if the contract was to the summer and he did make the step up to League One, another club would be far more likely to make a move for him and would have far longer to make that decision.
    Or, we have no money and will sign any old shit to make up the numbers.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    "he’s hungry, he’s got a point to prove"

The same was said about Bogle
  • Options
    Maybe give him some minutes tomorrow I suspect he may have a point to prove to Wigan 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rob7Lee said:

is it? What about budget to bring in players/pay salaries taking into account the London premium?
    How many clubs in league 1 this season have paid a net million pounds worth of transfer fees this summer? 

How many league 1 clubs have as many professionals on the books as us?

How many clubs are paying the wages of squad players like Watson and Gunter?

Our playing budget is massive compared to most clubs.  It's what you want to include in the budget that's the issue.  The issue maybe how much of it is left like 18/19 but that doesn't make the budget small.

Also remember the wages and transfer fees are pure net loss.   London premium is a factor, despite loads of people saying London is an attraction, but it's not like its a new problem that has never been an issue before.  Unlike Brexit and Covid. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I’ve certainly been underwhelmed by his signing mainly because of this “attitude” tag the lad has despite some undoubted talent. That never seems to work out well. I find it hard to believe that at 23 it’s always someone else’s fault that he hasn’t achieved his potential. That to me is a red flag but I guess that’s why he’s available to us and is worth the punt. Having said why I’m underwhelmed I do see that the lad has pace and ability and I of course want him to succeed. He’s also quite a unit for someone with a lot of pace. Welcome Corey. Prove me to be the no nothing I am. 
    Without attempting to draw any other parallel, I remember when Leeds United signed a famously talented but bolshie, and relatively underperforming, Frenchman roughly 30 years ago.  Admittedly, they only managed to hold on to him for a season, nonetheless he managed to eke out a half way decent career in English football...
  • Options
    I wonder if Clayden will be loaned out now until Jan, with this fella incoming?
  • Options
    Without attempting to draw any other parallel, but I remember when Leeds United signed a famously talented but bolshie, and relatively underperforming, Frenchman roughly 30 years ago.  Admittedly, they only managed to hold on to him for a season, nonetheless he managed to eke out a half way decent career in English football...
    Tis true but I don’t even think Corey’s biggest defenders are expecting a new Eric. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rob7Lee said:

How many clubs in league 1 this season have paid a net million pounds worth of transfer fees this summer? 

How many league 1 clubs have as many professionals on the books as us?

How many clubs are paying the wages of squad players like Watson and Gunter?

Our playing budget is massive compared to most clubs.  It's what you want to include in the budget that's the issue.  The issue maybe how much of it is left like 18/19 but that doesn't make the budget small.

Also remember the wages and transfer fees are pure net loss.   London premium is a factor, despite loads of people saying London is an attraction, but it's not like its a new problem that has never been an issue before.  Unlike Brexit and Covid. 
    granted and take your point, maybe I should have said our wage budget 'to bring in new players' rather than overall.