Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corey Blackett-Taylor - (p34 - signed for Derby on loan til the end of the season)

Comments

• Options
    Typical Charlton life…..the squad isn’t big enough, we need players……not that one
    You expect excitement about a player who barely played for Tranmere in the division below?
  • Options
    Sensible from the club really

He's an unknown quantity, has hopefully proven enough in training to warrant a deal - Now just needs to prove he can hack it at the level we need him to, if he can do that then hopefully he'll get a longer deal, if his reputation carries on here we can wash our hands of him.

Shame we didnt take a similar approach with some other players in the past.

Guess its not always easy to do so though, if they're going to refuse
    You can only do this sort of deal if there isn't much competition for a player's services. If a similar L1 clubs had offered him 2 years, he wouldn't touch us with a barge pole 

The OS mentions that other clubs had made him better offers, but I imagine they were lower down the pecking order.
  • Options
    Got the number 23 shirt, so the same number as a couple of rubbish signings  ;)
    Lawrie and Naby.? 
  • Options
    Good luck Corey. Hopefully the short term deal bucks his attitude up and he becomes a useful option for us off the bench.

I pray to god he doesn’t read some of the shit on here.
    Give over... I'd like to think of myself as an optimist for all things Charlton.  We've just signed a player who played 11 games for tranmere in league 2 last season on a 4 month permanent deal. I hope this comment gets quoted and I get ripped the shit out of in January, but in my eyes that is wank
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As Gobinson used to say ' It's another body in the building '. I thought we had seen the back of those days.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    BRING BACK FLAGS
    Took 4 minutes for that response, I'm disappointed  ;)
  • Options
    Hasn't Roddy got a brother in law or great uncle that could have a run out?
    He’s just easing his family in.  He can’t sign them all up as people will notice. 
  • Options
    Contract until January is very sensible imo, for several reasons.

One, it gives him a huge push to perform immediately so we'll hopefully see 100% effort from him.

It also helps us to decide whether he's League 1 ready. 

And despite the worries I've seen from other fans, I actually believe a contract until January puts us in a much better position than giving him until the summer. How likely is he to light the league up in just 4 months and then move to a bigger team? It's also in the middle of the season so he'd want to get his next contract sorted ASAP, so if we offered him one, we're likely to get his signature. And if the contract was to the summer and he did make the step up to League One, another club would be far more likely to make a move for him and would have far longer to make that decision.
  • Options
    Lawrie and Naby.? 
    Levitt had 23 last season
  • Options
    Contract until January is very sensible imo, for several reasons.

One, it gives him a huge push to perform immediately so we'll hopefully see 100% effort from him.

It also helps us to decide whether he's League 1 ready. 

And despite the worries I've seen from other fans, I actually believe a contract until January puts us in a much better position than giving him until the summer. How likely is he to light the league up in just 4 months and then move to a bigger team? It's also in the middle of the season so he'd want to get his next contract sorted ASAP, so if we offered him one, we're likely to get his signature. And if the contract was to the summer and he did make the step up to League One, another club would be far more likely to make a move for him and would have far longer to make that decision.
    Glass 0.0001millilitres full.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Good luck Corey. Hopefully the short term deal bucks his attitude up and he becomes a useful option for us off the bench.

Give over... I'd like to think of myself as an optimist for all things Charlton.  We've just signed a player who played 11 games for tranmere in league 2 last season on a 4 month permanent deal. I hope this comment gets quoted and I get ripped the shit out of in January, but in my eyes that is wank
    Its almost like we have never signed plenty of players we thought we would be good but turned out being rubbish, and players we thought were going to be awful but turned out good.

At some point you think fans will learn not to judge players, especially young ones, on how they have performed in the past until they've least played a few games for us. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Won’t be long before people are asking his girlfriend what size shoes she wears. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Typical Charlton life…..the squad isn’t big enough, we need players……not that one
    You expect excitement about a player who barely played for Tranmere in the division below?
    Fell out with an unpopular manager apparently. 
  • Options
    I thought I had read somewhere that Tranmere were due compensation and that he hadn’t signed for another club because they couldn’t agree a deal with them. How does that work with us then?
  • Options
    Got to get behind him. Short term contract is both motivation for the player and not breaking the bank.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Welcome Corey and all the best with CAFC .. we desperately needed a quality midfielder, however, this signing fulfills the oft expressed desire on here for 'more bodies', live ones that is,  so there ye go .. we now have a surplus of wingers, unless Adkins' idea is to play Corey as a striker alongside Stockley. However, Corey's goals scored record so far does not inspire confidence.. we will see
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    CAFCsayer said:

Its almost like we have never signed plenty of players we thought we would be good but turned out being rubbish, and players we thought were going to be awful but turned out good.

At some point you think fans will learn not to judge players, especially young ones, on how they have performed in the past until they've least played a few games for us. 
    He didn't get in the tranmere team last season... even if he had shagged the managers mum, if he was good enough to hold his own in the championship (which is what we are aiming for), he would have been spearheading a promotion push. If we had any faith in his ability he would be on more than a 4 month deal. Coupled with the fact that he was just a player Adkins was "aware of" after training with us for two weeks, this screams desperation. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    No but I don’t expect some of the comments on here about a player that the posters have never seen play before. I’m really not expecting him to be Ronaldo, not even mark robson. But I’m not going to slag the poor guy off when I haven’t seen him play!! 

We’ve had Calydon and other youngsters on the bench. It makes us stronger as a squad. That’s good enough for me.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Won’t be long before people are asking his girlfriend what size shoes she wears. 
     Can she play?
  • Options
    Meh