Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deji Contract ?

Do any of you clever people who know how to access such things know if Deji is actually on a professional contract ? And if so how long is it ?
I think the kid is going to be a top player and really hope he wont be another youngster stolen from us for f all

Comments

• Options
    He looked a real prospect in his cameo the other night. At 17 looks to have great potential 
  • Options
    He will get poached by a bigger club
  • Options
    Youth contract is mentioned on the other Deji Elerewe thread. 

• Options
    If we don't nail him down he'll be gone in the next transfer window.

Top Championship or Prem club.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Looks a proper player. Obviously not as dominant at defending set pieces without Innis, but his quality on the ball makes up for that. Imagine him and Pearce will play 90 min in the Papa Trophy.
  • Options
    Very impressive on the floor, calm and good control.

Lost a few headers against their big forward today, possibly because at 17 he's not fully physically developed but a good prospect.
  • Options
    Nope hasn't got a professional contract, probably lose him for a bit of compo. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unlike the other crooks, can't see Thomas "cashing in" on what is his first hot prospect to get into the first 11, but he needs to get something sorted, to show the lad we are serious potential contenders..
  • Options
    Worries me, the more we play him (with no Contract) the more the big clubs will become aware. Wouldnt be surprised if they send Scouts the moment a 17-year old makes his debut in the EFL as you've got to have something special about you to be playing at that sort of age
  • Options
    Worries me, the more we play him (with no Contract) the more the big clubs will become aware. Wouldnt be surprised if they send Scouts the moment a 17-year old makes his debut in the EFL as you've got to have something special about you to be playing at that sort of age
    Or more likely your parent club are in desperate dire straits
  • Options
    Or more likely your parent club are in desperate dire straits
    Maybe, but am sure any club (regardless if they're in trouble) will have kids in their youth team that'll be older and more experienced even in Youth Football than a 17-year old, so for him to be jumping the queue, in this case ahead of the likes of Barker / Ness etc. it says something doesnt it
  • Options
    I'm sure the club hasn't just forgotten to offer a contract. Maybe they have. We need a CL rep to inform them to offer one I reckon!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I'm sure the club hasn't just forgotten to offer a contract. Maybe they have. We need a CL rep to inform them to offer one I reckon!
    Has someone contacted the Fan Adviser? ;)
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Has someone contacted the Fan Adviser? ;)
    You probably just have, in fact would be surprised if she isn't already a lifer, particularly if she wants to keep up with life on the "outside" B)
  • Options
    It saddens me to say it but If we can't stop our young talent being poached for minimal compensation then the future of the academy has to be questioned.
  • Options
    It saddens me to say it but If we can't stop our young talent being poached for minimal compensation then the future of the academy has to be questioned.
    Thomas has the academy at heart, and as a priority, so can't see that scenario happening
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thomas has the academy at heart, and as a priority, so can't see that scenario happening
    If thats the case then I'd prefer it if we offered some kind of contract to a kid before they make their debut

e.g. It was clear from the Celtic game that Elewere was going to be involved in the future (Adkins: "Get used to saying his name") - So you'd hope that some kind of negotiations started around that point.
    Fair enough, but we really don't know what negotiation are and have been going on already, and must assume that it is positive until we hear different, but agree, we knew his potential from the friendlies and his first team appearances, which have been somewhat forced due to Ryan's injuries.
    So yes, IMO, Thomas and Co. will have to move very quickly and get him tied down to hopefully a three year deal ASAP, the future of the academy would look a bit brighter.
  • Options
    There's no reason to assume we haven't already begun talking contracts with him/his agent.
  • Options
    McCartney said:
    Was it Brentford who said as part of their scouting they read fans forums.
    Personally I think he's looked way out of his depth and think young Roddy has a better future.
    Too late mate,..cat's out of the bag already B)
  • Options
    I’m sure he will have been offered a pro deal but chances are, he and our other hot prospects will be well aware of the interest anc potential deals on offer from other clubs and will delay tying themselves down - what we can do is try anc give them as much first team training and game time as possible to try anc convince them this is the right place to develop as quickly as possible 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I’m sure he will have been offered a pro deal but chances are, he and our other hot prospects will be well aware of the interest anc potential deals on offer from other clubs and will delay tying themselves down - what we can do is try anc give them as much first team training and game time as possible to try anc convince them this is the right place to develop as quickly as possible 
    I think that's the wrong way around. Playing for the first team should be dependant on signing a contract beforehand. The club has almost no leverage otherwise. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    The careers of Gomez and Konsa should prove them of this

What annoys me the most is the fact we're never really a club that'll stand in the way of a youth prospect if a decent offer ever comes along - Scott Parker is probably the only blot on that, but its not like we're a stubborn club that forces the youngsters to go on strike if they want to move on to better things.

We're equally receptive if the money is right and as shown with those two mentioned, we still remain proud when they achieve bigger / better things.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I think that's the wrong way around. Playing for the first team should be dependant on signing a contract beforehand. The club has almost no leverage otherwise. 
    Then they just won’t sign - when they are being chased by other clubs they are promised the earth regarding first team chances but if they are actually getting that here it is a huge draw to stay here rather than gambling they may get a chance elsewhere 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    The careers of Gomez and Konsa should prove them of this

What annoys me the most is the fact we're never really a club that'll stand in the way of a youth prospect if a decent offer ever comes along - Scott Parker is probably the only blot on that, but its not like we're a stubborn club that forces the youngsters to go on strike if they want to move on to better things.

We're equally receptive if the money is right and as shown with those two mentioned, we still remain proud when they achieve bigger / better things.
    That’s not the point though - we are talking about a huge difference in what a prem team may offer them to sit in their u 23s against what we may offer them for being in the first team squad - 16 year olds at Chelsea and Man U etc start in circa £6k basic - only our top players get that - if u were 16 anc offered a 3 year deal at Man U or £1k say at charlton what would u do? Our only pull is the first team playing time 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Then they just won’t sign - when they are being chased by other clubs they are promised the earth regarding first team chances but if they are actually getting that here it is a huge draw to stay here rather than gambling they may get a chance elsewhere 
    There are obvious exceptions but most of our young players who've been poached on the cheap only got on the radar of bigger clubs because they got a crack in our first team. If youngsters refuse to accept that first team football involves a quid pro quo between themselves and the club they can foxtrot Oscar as far as I'm concerned.