Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln Away 16th Oct (Pay on the day available)

Comments

• Options
    Cheers @Leuth much appreciated. This should become a regular feature.
    Especially when everyone gives up on going to the match, and instead just goes sightseeing instead!
  • Options
    £3.39 can’t complain!
  • Options
    Very apt for Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Cheers @Leuth much appreciated. This should become a regular feature.
    Especially when everyone gives up on going to the match, and instead just goes sightseeing instead!
    And readers wives instead of player marks. Looks like a plan.
  • Options
    Yet again another blinding away game 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Christ Leuth, train and ground apart, I spent 4hrs in one pub and got the train home again.
  • Options
    Just got in.
    I'm getting too old for this
  • Options
    What an awful journey back. 2 carriage train to Newark, everything cancelled so told to walk to Newark Castle. Another 2 carriage Covid express to Nottingham. Then standing room only to London, getting to London about 75 minutes late.

Should be a 100% refund for the many affected
    https://www.lner.co.uk/customer-service/refunds/delay-repay/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    big thanks to Leuth for the terrific variety of excellent photos, much appreciated
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    What an awful journey back. 2 carriage train to Newark, everything cancelled so told to walk to Newark Castle. Another 2 carriage Covid express to Nottingham. Then standing room only to London, getting to London about 75 minutes late.

Looks like we made the right decision then.
    We said at half time get the 17.31 to Newark castle and then pub crawl to Northgate as our train from 20.51
    Found out 1st pint in trains were knackered and people were being told to go to Nottingham.
    Decided to still go from Northgate and topped up getting one of the earlier trains that was 1 1/2 hours late.
  • Options
    Just bumped into a couple from southport who are coming.
    I’d never thought of going dogging before a game.
  • Options
    Those that went back to Nottingham on the train what time did you get back to London?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Those that went back to Nottingham on the train what time did you get back to London?
    I think about 9.30ish Kings X
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Got back to St Pancras about 10.45pm. Home only just before I turned into a pumpkin at midnight. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Our train got to St pancras at about 10.45.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    RedPanda said:

We said at half time get the 17.31 to Newark castle and then pub crawl to Northgate as our train from 20.51
    Found out 1st pint in trains were knackered and people were being told to go to Nottingham.
    Decided to still go from Northgate and topped up getting one of the earlier trains that was 1 1/2 hours late.
    Yes, there were 4 London trains from Newark to London within half an hour as the backlog was cleared 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    RedPanda said:

Yes, there were 4 London trains from Newark to London within half an hour as the backlog was cleared 
    We jumped on the 1st one.
    A couple of my mates called it right.
    Most of my Crowd also take the view of the rail company have got to get us home somehow or put us in a hotel.
    We got in at 22.10.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I won't duplicate Leuth's already comprehensive tour of Lincoln, but will add a few different ones. I was there early enough to catch most of the 11am guided tour of the cathedral (that required a speedy climb of the hill!), which I'd definitely recommend. I might not have noticed for example, that the vaults at the west of the cathedral don't line up! The far west section is original from before the earthquake, then they built the east section, and finally the middle, but the alignment wasn't quite right

• Options
    clb74 said:
    11pm
  • Options

Have to say both Lincoln and Newark lovely places to visit
    Nice pubs in Newark - not sure if anyone lives there though - hardly saw a soul -waliking back an forth Castle to North Gate and pubs in between
  • Options
    Roof the Church out of line?
  • Options
    Don’t you mean Cathedral?
  • Options
    a cathedral is still a church
  • Options
    Probably down to the earthquake of 1185.
  • Options
    a cathedral is still a church
    Well yes, we all know that but come on Lincs, you know exactly what I’m getting at.
    Besides, there were also several photos of what I suspect are of a church in Newark…..making his question even more unclear.
  • Options
    My expectations were very high and I wasn't disappointed, Lincoln was a lovely place just a few pricks on the pitch and an even bigger one on the touchline marred a very good weekend.