Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham away tickets (ed Brian Moore row S & T are being moved p10)

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    I’m Keeping my powder dry for morecombe away.
    Do both mate.
    Will have the free train travel up and running by morecambe away. 
    I'm also hoping to do Sunderland and Lincoln, its not cheap!
  • Options
    Due to holiday this Saturday will be my first game of the season, got to say at the moment I have zero interest in going to Gillingham the following week.
  • Options
    Due to holiday this Saturday will be my first game of the season, got to say at the moment I have zero interest in going to Gillingham the following week.
    TBF, I have zero interest in going atm but I’ve got a ticket and come that Saturday morning I’ll be looking forward to going to the game, maybe having a pint or two in the way. Isn’t that what football is all about ?
  • Options
    My sister lives about 2 mins from the stadium in actually quite a nice area it’s in the conservation area 4 bed detached house etc although the road you have to drive up to get to it replicates Somewhere in blackburn 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Everyone I asked swerved it, though I’m still going anyway and will do Rochester pre-match.

Its a shame really considering the fact that only a month ago we were all talking about how great it would be to be back in stadiums, doing away days etc after 18 months off.

A few bad results and the novelty seems to have completely worn off for many. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Everyone I asked swerved it, though I’m still going anyway and will do Rochester pre-match.

Its a shame really considering the fact that only a month ago we were all talking about how great it would be to be back in stadiums, doing away days etc after 18 months off.

A few bad results and the novelty seems to have completely worn off for many. 
    Yeah it’s surprising isn’t it. I know the football has been rubbish and the results worse but I thought the honeymoon period would last a bit longer. 
  • Options
    Charlton in shit away numbers shocker ……. 
  • Options
    You couldn’t resist could you !!! 😉
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    3 players called up for International duty so by rights it should be called off.

However, one is Ghandour so it all depends if the EFL agree he is a first team player, even though he was on the bench for Sheff Wed & played against Wimbledon in the cup.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When does the EFL decide on whether the game goes ahead or not? 

• Options
    Are they that bad though.
    3rd division football and we took roughly 1500 to both oxford and mk.
  • Options
    1,688 tickets remaining.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

I think we have to request it and the EFL will decide. Guessing that this is a formality when it’s three players who are clearly part of the first team squad, not sure if it becomes more complicated if one of your three is, like Ghandour, not really a consistent part of your match day squad. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Should we know if the match is off by the time tickets go on general sale (Thursday afternoon)? 
  • Options
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.
    so basically 697 members of what may well be a very exclusive club of qualifying members have bought already.
  • Options
    If it’s not called off with the current squad and injuries it won’t be a strong team. Rather than raffling a shirt maybe they do a draw for  a place on the bench. Let’s face it likely to be a couple of spaces. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    se9addick said:

I think we have to request it and the EFL will decide. Guessing that this is a formality when it’s three players who are clearly part of the first team squad, not sure if it becomes more complicated if one of your three is, like Ghandour, not really a consistent part of your match day squad. 
    As someone said earlier, the EFL can't have it both ways. Last year when we were under an embargo they were saying we had to count kids who had been involved in EFL trophy matches. So if that is the case we count Ghandour who played in a League Cup match just last week. 

But......they probably wont and like the fiasco with Lincoln last season we wont stand up to them. 

To my mind we have 3 players called up, so we are entitled to call the game off. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interesting to see how long it will take the club to make an announcement if they are going to use Ghandour as the third international or not
  • Options
    If the game is postponed and moved to midweek, It will be availiable on Charlton TV for UK fans.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    If the game is postponed and moved to midweek, It will be availiable on Charlton TV for UK fans.
    Is that definite? I thought in the little table that club produced a couple of weeks ago that shows where you can watch matches there was a “TBC” next to re-arranged matches.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Is that definite? I thought in the little table that club produced a couple of weeks ago that shows where you can watch matches there was a “TBC” next to re-arranged matches.
    Suppose it depends when its re-arranged as if Gillingham dont reach the FA Cup 2nd Round, we can play them that Saturday etc.
  • Options
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.
    so basically 697 members of what may well be a very exclusive club of qualifying members have bought already.

What are you on about?
  • Options
    Hopefully it’s not moved as that will mean not only are the club content with nackering every other Saturday with crap performances they’ll nacker a local Saturday away game for majority of fans. 
  • Options
    Hopefully it’s not moved as that will mean not only are the club content with nackering every other Saturday with crap performances they’ll nacker a local Saturday away game for majority of fans. 
    Burton away is an international weekend as well.
    That will make things very inconvenient for away travellers if put to midweek.
  • Options
    Postponement will help us get all our new signings bedded in..... 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    HandG said:
    clive said:
    1,688 tickets remaining.

What are you on about?
    2,385 allocation and so far only those with lots of points were eligible to buy them.