Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

76 Days…..in real time Covid-19 Movie/Documentary. Wuhan……subtitled.

edited August 2021 in Not Sports Related
Quite by accident last night (in the early hours of the morning actually), I stumbled upon this on the Sky Documentary Channel……I actually missed the first few minutes.😕
Absolutely gripping, quite how the Chinese allowed this to be made and released is very surprising?
It was filmed live in a Wuhan hospital ICU unit and the Covid isolation ward at the height of the pandemic……by coincidence some of it it was at ‘exactly’ the same time as I was in Covid ICU myself, March/April 2020.
IMHO a must see programme, to see what the hospital and doctors and nurses were subjected to was awe inspiring, deaths, recoveries, close calls, sorrow, happiness, working under the toughest of circumstances.
Like all nursing staff all over the world, they were put into an unbelievable once in a lifetime crisis.
I know many of you won’t have Sky (or Sky CatchUp), so you’ll need to find out where you can view it……I hope you can all manage it……well worth the time and effort, one of the best things I have seen on TV in quite a while.
10/10.
I will be very interested in reading other’s thoughts if you get to view it.

Comments

• Chizz said:
    76 days in real time seems like quite a long programme 
    1hour 33 mins to be precise.🤓
  • China is very proud of how it’s medical teams worked throughout the height on the pandemic, those doctors and nurses are, quite rightly, treated like hero’s. One of my students dads was sent to Wuhan to help out and will almost certainly never pay for a drink or meal for the rest of his days. 

Assuming this doc doesn’t touch on any of the ‘other’ stuff, it comes as no surprise to me it’s been allowed out. 
  • edited August 2021
    China is very proud of how it’s medical teams worked throughout the height on the pandemic, those doctors and nurses are, quite rightly, treated like hero’s. One of my students dads was sent to Wuhan to help out and will almost certainly never pay for a drink or meal for the rest of his days. 

Assuming this doc doesn’t touch on any of the ‘other’ stuff, it comes as no surprise to me it’s been allowed out. 
    Not even a whiff of politics or social comment……it stuck strictly to the subject to hand…..I hope you will get the opportunity to view it……there are some trailers and reviews on YouTube which give a flavour of what it’s about.
  • I have access to SkyGo so will try and find the time to give it a watch. 
  • If you have SKY Q you can ask for it.I just have.It does not to be On Demand yet perhaps too early.It is not in the menu either.
  • Quite by accident last night (in the early hours of the morning actually), I stumbled upon this on the Sky Documentary Channel……I actually missed the first few minutes.😕
    Absolutely gripping, quite how the Chinese allowed this to be made and released is very surprising?
    It was filmed live in a Wuhan hospital ICU unit and the Covid isolation ward at the height of the pandemic……by coincidence some of it it was at ‘exactly’ the same time as I was in Covid ICU myself, March/April 2020.
    IMHO a must see programme, to see what the hospital and doctors and nurses were subjected to was awe inspiring, deaths, recoveries, close calls, sorrow, happiness, working under the toughest of circumstances.
    Like all nursing staff all over the world, they were put into an unbelievable once in a lifetime crisis.
    I know many of you won’t have Sky (or Sky CatchUp), so you’ll need to find out where you can view it……I hope you can all manage it……well worth the time and effort, one of the best things I have seen on TV in quite a while.
    10/10.
    Let's hope that is true.  If a sufficiently nasty mutation occurs, I can see it being wrong, but only once more - there won't be enough of us left to carry on a civilation that can support a health service.

• Being aired on Sky Documentary channel at 1.50am Monday 23rd…..set to record folks.
  • Quite by accident last night (in the early hours of the morning actually), I stumbled upon this on the Sky Documentary Channel……I actually missed the first few minutes.😕
    10/10.
    Let's hope that is true.  If a sufficiently nasty mutation occurs, I can see it being wrong, but only once more - there won't be enough of us left to carry on a civilation that can support a health service.

Yeah with climate breakdown fast approaching this will not be the last global crisis we see in the next 50 years 
  • A reminder this is on in the early hours of tomorrow morning on Sky Documentaries. 
  • Sponsored links:

10/10.

Yeah with climate breakdown fast approaching this will not be the last global crisis we see in the next 50 years 
    Yeah but we'll still be able to go to the pub during a climate emergency so it doesn't sound that bad
  • Interesting programme on C4 last night about whether Covid came from the Wuhan lab.

Basically a modified SARS-Covid 1 strain that had 2 elements added. One to make it transmissable between humans & the other to make it deadly. 

Really should be mandatory watching for all.