Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    Probably earned well over a million from us and offered absolutely nothing in return, I don't sympathise at all. Another one added to the long list of thieves that have lingered around and killed this club over the years. Fortunately for him, we have a reasonable fan base for the most part and he didn't get the pelters he would have got from other clubs. Gutless player.

Hopefully with the wages freed up, we can use that to keep CBT or Dobson as leverage or even both if he was on the rumours of 6k a week. 
    I… do you… never mind
  • Options
    Was about effective as a trapdoor in a submarine. Nicked a living, we all loose loved ones, but we pick ourselves up and crack on. (And most of us are on a lot less than 20k per month).
    Lack of effort and bottle I can’t forgive.
    Off you go Kirk, mind the door handle don’t hit in the arse.
  • Options
    Didn't work out for him. Good luck for the future. 
  • Options
    We reeled off the Star Trek cliches when he signed. They were jokes said in optimism, but what we didnt realise then, was the joke was on us, and the Valley really was Kirk's final frontier.  He never boldly did anything. Limply,  weakly and yes fraudulently, but never boldly. That's the Star Trek Kirk not the one who hid at the Valley. Did he reach out to new civilisations? Well he went to places on the fringes of civilisation (Blackpool and Burton on loan) but he never reached out to the people that mattered, the fan base who paid his wages.

Kirk jumped out of more tackles than reruns of his namesake's show, but finally was beamed off to planet UB40 where he can join lots of our dross that we have seen in failed episodes from our past decade. He will join the 'greats' and its hard not making him the WOAL.  As he cashes our £300,000 cheque,  he will be proud to join that illustrious roll call: Le Point, Thuram, Parzyszek, Abbott and now Kirk.
     However, none of those duds left with such a unanimous sense of Addick relief as Kirky.

Was he our WOAL? I think Kirk was the equal of the WW2 emergency player J Rogers who Jimmy Seed used in a match at the Valley against Chelsea in 1943. Rogers had never kicked a ball in his life and Seed apologised to the fans for this ' fraud' of a player. Kirk too was a fraud who stole his living offering zero effort to the fans who paid his wages.

In conclusion one hackneyed Star Trek theme was right. Beam him up Scotty and perhaps if you can't do your job in January you can join him too. Prove us wrong!
  • Options
    Good work by Andy Scott. 

An expensive mistake by Charlton but at least he can go back up North and hopefully his partner can get her hairdressing clients back !
    Kirk was a light weight the whole time he was here. 

Who decided after watching Crewe that Charlie was not only worth signing ? but 4 years !

If it was Steve Gallen's recommendation then he made a terrible decision. Did Kirk ever make a challenge  ? Did he ever dribble pass any one ?  Did he ever look interested?
    I even saw him go down injured with a slight knock  in the warm up at the valley and Pearce gave him such a dirty look.

Charlie Kirk's gone and with some more counselling for Charlton fans, hopefully forgotten.
    Is it? Good work would be being able to shift him onto someone else for free in the window. 

Paying him off is basically a last resort play that anyone could do. 
    Pretty sure he was offered to anyone and everyone last window with obvious little to no interest. Do we even know he was paid off?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Gribbo said:
    Good work by Andy Scott. 

An expensive mistake by Charlton but at least he can go back up North and hopefully his partner can get her hairdressing clients back !

Who decided after watching Crewe that Charlie was not only worth signing ? but 4 years !

If it was Steve Gallen's recommendation then he made a terrible decision. Did Kirk ever make a challenge  ? Did he ever dribble pass any one ?  Did he ever look interested?
    I even saw him go down injured with a slight knock  in the warm up at the valley and Pearce gave him such a dirty look.

Charlie Kirk's gone and with some more counselling for Charlton fans, hopefully forgotten.
    Is it? Good work would be being able to shift him onto someone else for free in the window. 

Pretty sure he was offered to anyone and everyone last window with obvious little to no interest. Do we even know he was paid off?

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Good work by Andy Scott. 

Mutual consent means some money was paid.
    How much, we'll probably never know. 
  • Options
    One of the signings I had been most excited about in recent year... Has been absolute dogshit for us, strange one
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Gribbo said:
    Good work by Andy Scott. 

Well, that was always a given, you can't just terminate a contract and expect anything else, the only anomaly is how much, something we will never know...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Awful question. 
  • Options
    Wonder if he will end up back at Crewe 
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see where he goes, given he will have to accept a big pay cut, although I'm sure the settlement will help soften that. 

It didn't work out for him here. On paper a great signing and everyone was buzzing. He's not a bad person because he didn't play well for Charlton, he was totally devoid of confidence and not good enough. Every time he touched the ball he looked scared, knowing the fanbase was breathing heavily down his back and any poor decision would be amplified. 

Hopefully it works out for him at his next club 
  • Options
    Been supporting Charlton for 60+ years and honestly think he has been the laziest player I have seen for us. Seen some absolute crap players but none who appear to not give a shit as much as Kirk.
  • Options
    follett said:
    Will be interesting to see where he goes, given he will have to accept a big pay cut, although I'm sure the settlement will help soften that. 

It didn't work out for him here. On paper a great signing and everyone was buzzing. He's not a bad person because he didn't play well for Charlton, he was totally devoid of confidence and not good enough. Every time he touched the ball he looked scared, knowing the fanbase was breathing heavily down his back and any poor decision would be amplified. 

Hopefully it works out for him at his next club 
    The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club ?
  • Options
    The Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club ?
    Given he's had loans to League One and the Championship in his time here I think he'll be fine. Does scream a Wrexham or Stockport signing though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he never settled at the Valley, the fans were on his back from minute one, it appears he never made the effort to become popular and get the fans onside , SOOOOO, better off along the road to free agency .. he'll find a lower league club in January, he's off our wage bill and our hate lists
    Were they? Most were excited when he signed.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    he never settled at the Valley, the fans were on his back from minute one, it appears he never made the effort to become popular and get the fans onside , SOOOOO, better off along the road to free agency .. he'll find a lower league club in January, he's off our wage bill and our hate lists
    Complete nonsense. I think he had the goodwill of the fans far longer than most players would have. 
    Scoham said:
    BUT the good will and excitement soon evaporated and love soon turned to hate 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Complete nonsense. I think he had the goodwill of the fans far longer than most players would have. 
    Scoham said:
    BUT the good will and excitement soon evaporated and love soon turned to hate 
    “minute one” means from the outset, which clearly wasn’t the case (as you confirm).

Retract your statement slandering our supporters good sir!
  • Options
    No idea why it didn't work out - I doubt it was his intention.

Good luck to him in the future.
  • Options
    Mentality is such a big thing and as I have said previously as I know someone who played with him throughout his Crewe career. He loves being the "big fish" and I dont think he could deal with not being so here. It really wouldnt suprise me if he gets signed by a smaller club and rips it up.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Promised much, and delivered little, sums up the Sandgaard era, Charlie was the poster boy, who got a lot of the stick, until our recruitment is sorted / bettered we’ll keep making the same mistakes, hopefully AS will see this, with hindsight , we shouldn’t have signed him, he was another expensive mistake, which should be put in the filing cabinet of expensive mistakes made at the club.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Mentality is such a big thing and as I have said previously as I know someone who played with him throughout his Crewe career. He loves being the "big fish" and I dont think he could deal with not being so here. It really wouldnt suprise me if he gets signed by a smaller club and rips it up.
    He could have been with more effort.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If he' signs a new contract somewhere and  'rips it up' it will be groundhog day won't it?