Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next match according to the OS

According to the OS our next match is away to Oxford in L1, thought we are playing AFC Wimbledon tomorrow night in the EFL Cup - come on Olly put it right!

Comments

• No-one cares about the cup games I guess! 
  • sam3110 said:
    No-one cares about the cup games I guess! 
    I thought the same until I saw the papa john's trophy one is listed
  • Olly mentioned on another thread, or on twitter saying that the Fixture List came from Opta (or something like that)

So was an error their end rather than the clubs

The club are certainly advertising the game tomorrow on Social Media
  • Olly mentioned on another thread, or on twitter saying that the Fixture List came from Opta (or something like that)

I don't think I've ever seen Olly take accountability for anything!
  • I’m not sure i’ve ever checked Charlton’s actual website for fixtures, it might have changed but it used to be really naff/pop up with annoying ads. BBC my go to - never lets you down 
  • I’m not sure i’ve ever checked Charlton’s actual website for fixtures, it might have changed but it used to be really naff/pop up with annoying ads. BBC my go to - never lets you down 
    I use my Google Calendar as it has the fixtures uploaded from Sky Sports, which is always up to date when dates are changed
  • If you look on the BBC under sport, then football, then scores and fixtures, then the dates which are listed at the top, it lists the matches for each day.
    More reliable than the lazy geek driven twitbook platforms I imagine.
    So much is sign in with Twitter or Facebook or whatever. It’s like telling a vegetarian there’s a choice of sandwiches, chicken or ham.
  • Is the Wimbledon game available to watch online ? 
  • A shame the Wimbledon game isn't away, as I imagine more Charlton fans would be interested in visiting the new Plough Lane than attending an empty Valley
  • Sponsored links:

• thanks Olly
  • PopIcon said:
    Olly mentioned on another thread, or on twitter saying that the Fixture List came from Opta (or something like that)

Thanks for that! Regardless, there have been numerous back-and-forths between ourselves, our web providers and Opta over the last few weeks to try and get it fixed. 
    Looks like Opta finally sorted it earlier today. 
    Will the game be streamed at all @Ollywozere
  • PopIcon said:
    Olly mentioned on another thread, or on twitter saying that the Fixture List came from Opta (or something like that)

Thanks for that! Regardless, there have been numerous back-and-forths between ourselves, our web providers and Opta over the last few weeks to try and get it fixed. 
    We're not allowed to stream League Cup fixtures either domestically or abroad this season, unfortunately (I have no idea why!). We'll have a story on the OS confirming that shortly. 
    It's audio commentary only via CharltonTV tomorrow evening.
  • Thanks for the updates @Ollywozere Much appreciated. 
  • PopIcon said:

We're not allowed to stream League Cup fixtures either domestically or abroad this season, unfortunately (I have no idea why!). We'll have a story on the OS confirming that shortly. 
    Cheers Ollie

This is just another example of the people responsible for these decisions being totally out of touch with reality. I guess they think that by stopping the stream more people will attend the grounds. That is a very stupid stance to take. There are lots of people like me who has not a chance in hell of getting to the valley for a midweek game and there will be more examples of this all over the country for many different clubs. All they are doing is reducing the exposure of the competition to a wider audience. Not a clue some people  
  • edited August 2021
    PopIcon said:

Am surprised there isnt even something setup via. the Carabao Cup website - Even last year I dont remember the club being allowed to stream the West Ham game via. CharltonTV but it was available on the League Cup site
  • We don’t do cups. 
  • Solidgone said:
    We don’t do cups. 
    The last two managers didn’t . Let’s hope Nigel does 
  • until things are restructured so that cup games become competitive first team matches again instead of reserve / youth fixtures, i've got zero interest in attending one again 
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    PopIcon said:

Cheers Ollie

This is just another example of the people responsible for these decisions being totally out of touch with reality. I guess they think that by stopping the stream more people will attend the grounds. That is a very stupid stance to take. There are lots of people like me who has not a chance in hell of getting to the valley for a midweek game and there will be more examples of this all over the country for many different clubs. All they are doing is reducing the exposure of the competition to a wider audience. Not a clue some people  
    I doubt it is that or you would be able to watch it from abroad. It is probably something to do with the rights even though the game won't be shown anywhere.
  • We can't bemoan a poor attendance given our record of not taking cups seriously in recent years. 
  • AndyG said:
    PopIcon said:

Cheers Ollie

It would also be nice if us Addicks who live abroad were able to watch a cup game!