Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match thread: Charlton Athletic vs Sheff Wed - 07/08/21

Comments

• 😬 think no RRR will upset a few
    His club he can do what he wants. He saved us remember.
  • West stand looks half empty
  • Dobson doing Pratley proud so far
  • cafckev said:
    Chaos getting into the ground apparently (my sister is there with her kids). Limited turnstiles open, very limited catering open
    Nothing much changed then.
  • TV pictures not suggesting 24,000 to me
  • Anyone on Charlton TV managed to get sound yet? Will it be like this the whole game? 
  • Maybe there was a covert expansion of capacity to 45k during lockdown?
  • DJ wins us a corner
  • Sponsored links:

• Any news on the match yet ?
  • Any skysports links chaps?
  • Stockley looking up for it so far
  • Ball gets cleared and we have a throw on the halfway line.
  • Nice bit of chasing down from Stockley wins us the ball, and Washington gets us a corner from the left.
  • We've broken Patterson
  • Stockley goes in with his head and the doctors go haring on to the pitch to tend to the Wednesday defeneder who's down in the box.
  • Down the far end so no idea what happened. Any updates from the tv watchers...?
  • barstool said:
    Any news on the match yet ?
    There's a match going on? I thought it was just a party at Curbs' place ...
  • Stretcher on
  • Sponsored links:

• You just know we're going to concede in the 98th now. 🤣
  • Patterson being subbed off by the looks
  • Down the far end so no idea what happened. Any updates from the tv watchers...?
  • barstool said:
    Any news on the match yet ?
    There's a match going on? I thought it was just a party at Curbs' place ...
    Cameras are staying away
  • edited August 2021
    GNelson said:
    Anyone on Charlton TV managed to get sound yet? Will it be like this the whole game? 
    There'll be no commentary on this stream, they said. Don't know why. I opened the Audio-only commentary in another window. With a bit of pausing you can make it synch. 
  • People only have to to go back to the takeover thread to realize how perilously close the club came to longer being in business.

People can debate all they like about how much money TS could or should invest however it is surely in the millions already and he’s not even a year in.

That doesn’t mean people can’t call him or the club when he makes mistakes but all the noise because he’s decided to get his guitar out for the first game of the season, and the first game he’s got to see fans in a club he’s paid millions for, seems a bit much. Some will like it, others won’t but has he done any harm?

I dare say in the Roland or Southall era we would have jumped at the chance to have an owner who is maybe a little giddy and over enthusiastic at owning a football club, I know I would.
  • Lots of medics out there
  • No replays so obv a nasty one. Poor bloke.

• Didn’t see the incident that well but obviously a bad one. Must be head related.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!