Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking Home Games

If anyone used to park at Meridian and walk down just to let you know it's Ringgo app there now with live Cameras.

Fines do get handed out 24/7

Comments

• Cheers for the heads up

I used to park on Troughton Road, is that one of the roads Greenwich Council are targeting on match days does anyone know? 
  • Is that the Meridian Sports Club? 
    Yes mate
    Yes mate
    Cheers, briefly panicked in the ground yesterday as I park down Meridian Road (some side road) - Couldn't think why a residential street would have ringo though so relaxed
  • Carter said:
    Cheers for the heads up

I used to park on Troughton Road, is that one of the roads Greenwich Council are targeting on match days does anyone know? 
    Very close to the station, so yes I believe it is being targeted more. The housing development on the other side of Victoria Way is also regularly patrolled by parking officers, and no-one is safe there (they gave my wife a ticket when we first moved in there as they "didn't recognise the car" and we had parked in our spot for the first time
  • Greenwich Council are trying to make it virtually impossible for anyone to drive to the match what with parking restrictions and the bus lanes on the lower road all the way back to Woolwich. Took an age to get home to Bexley. Gonna give the train a go next time 
  • I normally park the other side of Charlton Park . Two hours before kick off it was totally packed . I don’t ever remember it being like that even when we were in the Prem .
    Can you all get the train in future please . 
  • _MrDick said:
    Greenwich Council are trying to make it virtually impossible for anyone to drive to the match what with parking restrictions and the bus lanes on the lower road all the way back to Woolwich. Took an age to get home to Bexley. Gonna give the train a go next time 
    For some of us it is impossible to get a train or bus, well almost. I would have to get a train into London, tube, then train back out. 
    Perhaps Greenwich Council don't want us at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Afraid after the chaos with parking when in the Champ, I have now succumbed to going by train.
  • _MrDick said:
    Greenwich Council are trying to make it virtually impossible for anyone to drive to the match what with parking restrictions and the bus lanes on the lower road all the way back to Woolwich. Took an age to get home to Bexley. Gonna give the train a go next time 
    Out of interest how long did it take to get back to Bexley? We parked near Furness School, got back to our car fairly sharpish, ate our tea, departed at 8.20pm, back in Bexhill by 9.40pm.
  • edited August 2021
    We have stopped going by car now since parking around has become so difficult. Only downside is mixing with the away fans on trains back into London. But it's only for 6 stops
  • Thing is, I've got no problem paying to park. There used to be a factory car park where those new places on Victoria way now are. 

I know other places but it makes me giggle how empty the parking spaces are on roads like Troughton Road and all of those by the station if I ever work there on a non match day. 

Just more ballache, the train isn't practical all the time and especially given how enthusiastic network rail and southeastern are to turn what should be a 40 minute train journey into a replacement bus serviced hell every Saturday 

• I park the south side of Shooter Hill Road. It's a bit further to walk but it means once I'm back in the car, I can just turn left onto the main road before getting back on the A2. I was back in Whitstable by 21:30 and that included a stop for something to eat. I have parked the north side of Shooters Hill Road before, but it takes ages to get out onto the main road as there tends to be a queue of traffic turning right and no one seems to let you out. 
  • edited August 2021
    So with all this in mind, where is the best place to park nearest the ground. Any recommendation? I’ve back home through the blackwall tunnel, want the best access to the A2 going in that direction. 
  • So with all this in mind, where is the best place to park nearest the ground. Any recommendation? I’ve back home through the blackwall tunnel, want the best access to the A2 going in that direction. 
    Park south side of Shooters Hill Road. It's a bit more of a walk to the ground and back to the car (15 minutes), but it means for a quick exit onto Shooters Hill Road after the game and onto the A2 in either direction. 
  • Senpai said:
    So with all this in mind, where is the best place to park nearest the ground. Any recommendation? I’ve back home through the blackwall tunnel, want the best access to the A2 going in that direction. 
    Park south side of Shooters Hill Road. It's a bit more of a walk to the ground and back to the car (15 minutes), but it means for a quick exit onto Shooters Hill Road after the game and onto the A2 in either direction. 
    Nice one, I’ll give that a go. I usually get the train, tube and bus, but don’t think I can face that again. 
  • _MrDick said:
    Out of interest how long did it take to get back to Bexley? We parked near Furness School, got back to our car fairly sharpish, ate our tea, departed at 8.20pm, back in Bexhill by 9.40pm.
    @LargeAddick Got back at 8:45
  • Senpai said:
    Nice one, I’ll give that a go. I usually get the train, tube and bus, but don’t think I can face that again. 
    Hervey Road'ish...walk down the alley to Cherry Orchard and down Church Lane. It is, though, a much longer walk...
  • Sponsored links:

• So with all this in mind, where is the best place to park nearest the ground. Any recommendation? I’ve back home through the blackwall tunnel, want the best access to the A2 going in that direction. 
    Park the North side of Shooters Hill Road, on one of the side roads off Charlton Park Lane (Meridian Road)

Its then an easy walk through the park itself and down Charlton Lane to get to the ground, or if I'm early enough I'll walk through the village and down Charlton Church Lane - You'd usually need to be there about an hour and a half beforehand to get decent parking but there are enough side roads

You are also far enough up Shooters Hill Road so that you're already out on the main road with others trying to get out, to turn right the closer you get to the A2 - Most matchdays I find it can take about 10-15mins to get back to the A2 itself, only took me 8mins yesterday though, yet presume thats because the Saturday shoppers were long home.
  • The traffic will get you somehow,got away fine on saturday,them got done by the A2 roadworks,you cant win.
  • You can still park on Lombard Wall or Anchor and Hope Lane.