Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our New Mascots - Same as the old mascots?

13»

Comments

• Crusty54 said:
    The cat is an improvement.
    The original Floyd has a much warmer face, this one's facial expression suggests he's just been goosed
    Harvey is better, but Floyd looks just as startled as the old robin. 
    The vision panel for both of the mascots is in the mouth. The mouth needs to be wide open so they can see out. 
    Good point, but how did it work for the old ones then?  
  • From Sandgaard:

“Fans are why we brought back the much-loved mascots, Floyd and Harvey. And following consultation with our Youth Advisory Group, their return to the Valley on Saturday was an obvious and easy decision. They were deeply missed and needed to come home

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61124da96e061/thomas-sandgaard-pays-tribute-to-charlton-fans-after-his-warm-welcome-on-saturday
    surely kids would have outgrown Floyd and Harvey during their absence?

seems like a load of adults missed them as I'm sure there would have been plenty of children who were fans of the Robin and the Knight.
    My 8 year old daughter has grown up with the robin and the knight. She really liked them and was a little nonplussed as they got dismissed on Saturday. She's fickle enough that Floyd and Harvey will become her new favourites of course.
  • Crusty54 said:
    The original Floyd has a much warmer face, this one's facial expression suggests he's just been goosed
    The vision panel for both of the mascots is in the mouth. The mouth needs to be wide open so they can see out. 
    The eyes give Floyd the startled appearance.
  • Scoham said:
    Maybe controversial but what's the significance of a cat and dog and why is better than a knight and robin? 
    Floyd and Harvey are a link back to by far our most successful period in recent history.

They bring us great memories like the time Powell jumped out of the tunnel wearing Floyd’s head (ok, maybe that’s the only one!).

They were then removed by the evil Katrien because one afternoon she was thinking up stuff to add to her list of achievements ahead of her yearly catch up with Roland.

“Modernising the mascots” was probably on the list between “house music in the fans bar” and “the sex on the pitch advert”.
    Fair enough, I never went during the PL period so didn't really notice them 
  • life is to short
  • Stig said:
    Crusty54 said:
    Good point, but how did it work for the old ones then?  
    The heads were smaller and the eyes were in the right place.
  • Get in!!
    Is Brian punching Floyd or is Floyd biting Brian?
  • From Sandgaard:

“Fans are why we brought back the much-loved mascots, Floyd and Harvey. And following consultation with our Youth Advisory Group, their return to the Valley on Saturday was an obvious and easy decision. They were deeply missed and needed to come home

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61124da96e061/thomas-sandgaard-pays-tribute-to-charlton-fans-after-his-warm-welcome-on-saturday
    surely kids would have outgrown Floyd and Harvey during their absence?

seems like a load of adults missed them as I'm sure there would have been plenty of children who were fans of the Robin and the Knight.
    My 8 year old daughter has grown up with the robin and the knight. She really liked them and was a little nonplussed as they got dismissed on Saturday. She's fickle enough that Floyd and Harvey will become her new favourites of course.
    Tell her they were involved in a terrible accident and died painful deaths. On second thoughts, maybe not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    Get in!!
    Is Brian punching Floyd or is Floyd biting Brian?
    I think he’s how they call it ‘laying him out’  😉 
  • What is the significance of the black bandage on Floyd's left leg? Did they run out of material? I'd have put one on the right too or is that too OCD? Good to see the robin and knight gone. They are a symbol of the bad days.
    Injured like most of the players probably.