Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2021/2022 Football League

Comments

• Options
    Luckily their biggest rivals for the last play-off place, Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough, both have quite an easy run of fixtures too.

Millwall are goign to have win at least two of those three and hope the others have a couple of losses themselves.
    11 days ago.

Was never in doubt.
  • Options
    Thank you Sheff Utd. Can finally relax for the remaining days of the season.
  • Options
    Even if Millwall got in I can’t see anyone beating Forest
  • Options
    Bur would you want to take the chance?
  • Options
    I don’t think Forest will be in the playoffs, they’ll pip Bournemouth to 2nd.
  • Options
    I don’t think Forest will be in the playoffs, they’ll pip Bournemouth to 2nd.
    I think they'll do it too, if Cooper had been there all season they'd have won the title.

They took 1 point from their first 7 games under Hughton.
  • Options
    Nottingham Forest have quickly gone from 1-1 to 3-1 up

Continuing to put pressure on Bournemouth who are only leading 1-0 @ Blackburn.
  • Options
    Christ almighty... League Two's turn to be completely ridiculous

Bristol Rovers started the day in 4th (top placed side in the Play-Offs) on 74-pts, they're now 8th and out of the Play-Offs as things stand.

Port Vale (4th) | Mansfield (5th) are both on 75-pts - Swindon (6th) | Sutton (7th) | Bristol Rovers (8th) are on 74-pts

Tranmere cant be counted out either, who are 9th on 72-pts
  • Options
    Bournemouth now 3 up at Blackburn. Cant help thinking the news that Mowbray wont be manager next season has had an effect on both players & fans. Blackburn now out of the play off picture.

• Options
    Christ almighty... League Two's turn to be completely ridiculous

Bristol Rovers started the day in 4th (top placed side in the Play-Offs) on 74-pts, they're now 8th and out of the Play-Offs as things stand.

Port Vale (4th) | Mansfield (5th) are both on 75-pts - Swindon (6th) | Sutton (7th) | Bristol Rovers (8th) are on 74-pts

Tranmere cant be counted out either, who are 9th on 72-pts
    Nor Salford. They play Mansfield in a couple of days. Win that & they are also still in it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Sutton doing their best to not be our local derby next season. 

Bastards. 
  • Options
    Some local derbies in League 1 next season. 

Plymouth  v Exeter 
    Cheltenham  v Forest Green
    Fleetwood   v  Morecambe 
    Charlton  v  feck all.

• Options
    Some local derbies in League 1 next season. 

Plymouth  v Exeter 
    Cheltenham  v Forest Green
    Fleetwood   v  Morecambe 
    Charlton  v  feck all.

We'll have to create a new and passionate rivalry with either MK Dons or Wycombe Wanderers...
  • Options
    Anyone know why league one finished today but the championship and league two still have another week to go?
  • Options
    Yeah, we finished all our games before the other leagues 
  • Options
    Is our play off final the week before the other leagues? 
  • Options
    Neil Harris with a post match interview that Jackson should have given 

• Options
    Sumptuous 4 goals for Scott Twine today. He'll be in the Championship next season
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Neil Harris with a post match interview that Jackson should have given 

Yes, it's called honesty & calling a spade a spade. Not mealy mouthed soundbites.
  • Options
    Anyone know why league one finished today but the championship and league two still have another week to go?
    I think it's because the late May Bank Holiday on which day the Championship game is usually played is not on the Monday this year due to the Queen's Platinum Jubilee moving it to the end of the week instead. So there are only 2 days (Sat & Sun) to play the games, hence putting League 1 on the week before.

As I say, it's just my assumption. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    George Lapslie currently playing on Sky Sports for Mansfield

They're 1-0 down @ Salford (12mins gone) in what is a Play-Off chasing game for both sides.

Typical... Goes 1-1 as I say that
  • Options
    Mansfield now 1-2 up right on half-time - Defeat means Salford cant be promoted

A win for Mansfield, and any kind of result for Port Vale against Newport (after this game), means that there will be four teams, all within two points of each other, that can finish 3rd on the final day.

If Port Vale win later, then those four teams are separated by a point

Both League One and League Two have been ridiculously tight this season.
  • Options
    Play-Offs are over for Salford City... Entertaining game ended in a 2-2 draw.

Port Vale vs Newport County up next, race for 3rd is as follows:

3rd - Northampton: 77-pts (+20)
    4th - Bristol Rovers: 77-pts (+15)
    5th - Mansfield Town: 76-pts (+15)
    6th - Port Vale: 75-pts (+21)
    7th - Swindon Town: 74-pts (+20)

The whole Play-Off picture can still change with the following still able to drop out completely:

5th - Mansfield Town: 76-pts (+15)
    6th - Port Vale: 75-pts (+21)
    7th - Swindon Town: 74-pts (+20)
    8th - Sutton United: 73-pts (+14)
    9th - Tranmere Rovers: 72-pts (+12)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    From that group; Mansfield and Port Vale have potentially the hardest games as Exeter and Forest Green will be chasing the title.

Although Forest Green's form has dropped off a vegan cliff.

AFC Barrow vs Northampton Town
    Bristol Rovers vs Scunthorpe United
    Exeter City vs Port Vale
    Harrogate Town vs Sutton United
    Leyton Orient vs Tranmere Rovers
    Mansfield Town vs Forest Green Rovers
    Walsall vs Swindon Town
  • Options
    Port Vale lose 1-2 against Newport County, so its as things are above, despite dominating the second half.

Fulham vs Luton next; Win for Fulham will see them take the League title, win for Luton sees their Play-Off spot confirmed.
  • Options
    With just 1 game to go Swindon, currently 7th (playoffs) could finish as high as 3rd (automatic) or as low as 9th.
  • Options
    Fulham 2-0 up
  • Options
    Fulham destroying Luton so far - Fully deserve the title
  • Options
    Fulham destroying Luton so far - Fully deserve the title
    They've booked the open bus tour for May 2024 when they next win the Championship...
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Luton need to go ultra defensive here... their Goal Difference is getting slaughtered

If Luton lose and Middlesbrough draw on the final day - Millwall only need to win 2-0

Thank god they're @ Bournemouth