Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley goes cashless.

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
All catering inside The Valley the ticket office and other outlets will become cashless as from Saturday.
The club shop went cashless on July 27th.
Match programmes (on sale outside The Valley), will remain cash only.

Comments

• Options
    A bit of a pain if the ground is cashless but you still need cash to buy a programme, as you'll still need to bring cash anyway
  • Options
    What about the betting concession, are they cashless as well?
  • Options
    Was in a coffee shop last week. Old boy in front of me had a wallet full of notes and tried paying for his coffee and cake but they didn’t have enough change in the till. Said he didn’t use plastic. The woman serving let him off paying. Thought about trying the same but I actually had a wallet with no notes in it. Havn’t had for months. 
  • Options
    Was in a coffee shop last week. Old boy in front of me had a wallet full of notes and tried paying for his coffee and cake but they didn’t have enough change in the till. Said he didn’t use plastic. The woman serving let him off paying. Thought about trying the same but I actually had a wallet with no notes in it. Havn’t had for months. 
    I went into a convenience store the other day to buy a bottle of water, and had to use cash as they had a minimum charge of £3 to use cards!
  • Options
    What about the betting concession, are they cashless as well?
    That wasn’t mentioned.
  • Options
    Surprised it’s took this long, hopefully the catering units aren’t going to only have old school terminals that take a painfully long time to connect to the network on a good day, and they are using decent fast services which just get the payment done 
  • Options
    I went into a convenience store the other day to buy a bottle of water, and had to use cash as they had a minimum charge of £3 to use cards!
    I can understand why they have done that though. I believe shops, cafes etc arent allowed to charge the customer a fee per transaction but assume they can put a minimum amount on card use.

Otherwise you would get people in there buying a pack of sweets, paying 25 pence on card or a bottle of water in your case 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    About time - many European clubs have been doing it for years.
  • Options
    Cash is dead.

Long live the contactless king!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Nothing new, the club has been cashless for years.
    .... until September 2020, "Thomas Day" B)
  • Options
    I do hope that when the card machines go down they give you the chance to pay cash or give us the food/drink on the house
  • Options
    I did say “in the fullness of time”.
  • Options
    In the fullness of time, one wonders what drug dealers are going to do once cash is done away with?
    That’s actually an interesting point. 
  • Options
    I always use cash, hate using my card because I never know how much I've actually spent.   

Also technically cannot refuse to accept due to in being legal tender. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I never carry much cash, normally only have a tenner in my wallet at most, pay by card for everything over a fiver, maybe less sometimes, everywhere takes cards now so what’s the point.
  • Options
    I don’t even take my cards out much anymore.

Everything done on my phone and watch with no limits on Apple Pay.
  • Options
    Same as above I find it easier for budgeting on a day out 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I always use cash, hate using my card because I never know how much I've actually spent.   

Businesses can pick and choose what they accept, no legal reason to have to accept cash
    No business can refuse a sale based upon the "offer to treat" but cannot refuse cash to pay 
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAjshQA2ms
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    The offer to purchase something is the offer of a contract between buyer and seller. The seller has the right to refuse to enter into that contract for any reason he chooses.