Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tokyo Olympics

Comments

• Options
    French guy blew his load playing catch up
  • Options
    C'mon Yee!!! The lad is flying.
  • Options
    Come onnnnnn
  • Options
    Did she just say our bloke has just lapped the world champion?

Go on the Loosham lad!
  • Options
    Fantastic team performance
  • Options
    Really impressive. Congrats on the Gold!
  • Options
    GOOOOOOOLD!
  • Options
    That was worth staying up for! Brilliant!
  • Options
    I can feel another Super Saturday coming on here. Dina Asher Smith, mixed relay in the Swimming, Rugby 7's, couple of medals in the Sailing guaranteed, not sure how, when and where to sleep!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really pleased for Jonny to bow out like that, finally with gold
  • Options
    Really pleased for Jonny to bow out like that, finally with gold
    Definitely, tremendous athlete. Wish both Brownlee brothers the best of luck with Ironman, that is some going that. 
  • Options
    Mixed triathlon, great result. They dominated the field.
  • Options
    As Yee comes from Lewisham it does beg the question......

Addick   or  'wall   ?

• Options
    Love the mixed teams events. A welcome change.
  • Options
    As Yee comes from Lewisham it does beg the question......

Addick   or  'wall   ?

I don’t want to burst your bubble… but he’s a stripey…
  • Options
    Bloody brilliant. Alex Yees running was seriously impressive, looked like he could’ve gone further at that pace whilst 2nd and 3rd were really blowing. 
  • Options
    Love the way the competitors are giving the medals to each othet
  • Options
    Watched the mixed swimming medley relay. Very interesting as you had men aginst women on all legs and the Brits triumphed in a world record time. Not a good time for most on the forum but watch if you get a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched the mixed swimming medley relay. Very interesting as you had men aginst women on all legs and the Brits triumphed in a world record time. Not a good time for most on the forum but watch if you get a chance.
    I watched it too. Never heard of this competition before, indeed very interesting! 
  • Options
    Even more impressive getting a WR as we didn't get a good start at all
  • Options
    When you looked at the final individual triathlon places of the team, it isn't a surprise we got gold. Well done to them. 
  • Options
    Part of the reason why there are WRs is that these mixed team competitions are relatively new.

Unfortunately, I'd only have a chance of a WR if there was a mixed lying on the sofa/lounging around category.
  • Options

Unfortunately, I'd only have a chance of a WR if there was a mixed lying on the sofa/lounging around category.
    Youd be facing some very stiff competition for that one.
  • Options
    Sadly, I would be well down the field in the putting on your socks event thanks to old age and dodgy knees!
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Mixed Triathlon currently on. We are 2/5 to win gold in running.

Quite enjoying the new mixed events.
    The 4x100 running earlier was great watching. Can't remember who it was, think maybe Nigeria mixing it up with the order? Made for brilliant viewing.
    Yeah 4x400m was Nigeria. I felt so sorry for her, the gap in speed and power was ridiculous.
    That final leg really showed how much faster the men are, I’m not sure that’s a positive for women’s sport...
    Thing is we are striving for equality and everyone runs the same distance, so there can’t be much to pull it up on. If the women runners are happy with the concept then crack on.
    I'd find it a bit demoralising as a female athlete to see average male athletes all going past you easily

It makes it interesting if the male/female orders are mixed up, but it must be a nightmare to pace yourself. The triathlon mixed relay has a fixed order, FMFM so avoids this.
  • Options
    French guy blew his load playing catch up

• Options
    edited July 2021
    cafcpolo said:
    Mixed Triathlon currently on. We are 2/5 to win gold in running.

Quite enjoying the new mixed events.
    The 4x100 running earlier was great watching. Can't remember who it was, think maybe Nigeria mixing it up with the order? Made for brilliant viewing.
    Yeah 4x400m was Nigeria. I felt so sorry for her, the gap in speed and power was ridiculous.
    That final leg really showed how much faster the men are, I’m not sure that’s a positive for women’s sport...
    Thing is we are striving for equality and everyone runs the same distance, so there can’t be much to pull it up on. If the women runners are happy with the concept then crack on.
    I'd find it a bit demoralising as a female athlete to see average male athletes all going past you easily

It makes it interesting if the male/female orders are mixed up, but it must be a nightmare to pace yourself. The triathlon mixed relay has a fixed order, FMFM so avoids this.
    I'm not so sure. We all know a male athlete will be faster, the female athletes are just as important to the team and if they don't do their job you equally fail in the same way as when a male team member doesn't do his. They have their targets and either exceed them of fail them.
  • Options
    Sadly, I would be well down the field in the putting on your socks event thanks to old age and dodgy knees!
    Standing, seated, or freestyle?